Awesome as Fuck

Francois

OK my review ater a couple of days of overly obsessed listening.

Editing wise i would love to Pat on the back how well the crowd was edited. Comparing to Bullet in a bible it shits on it. Theres no overly loud screaming girls in your ears all the time but you still know there is AND IT WORKS. I know i have gone on about the auto-tune quite alot, but to be fair it isnt obsessivly used its just the fact that they have used it when it doesnt need to be used, as a green day fan im sure i will get alot of flack for this use. But as i said its not used alot, its the just the fact is was used.

I cannot be fucked to carry on done.

Fangirl screaming just completes the picture for me though so I have no problem with that.

The last part you wrote is just complete gibberish to me so. I've listened to it like 10 times and I can't hear any obvious use of auto tune, to be quite honest. Billie's voice is naturally perfect lol so hearing him sing perfectly isn't anything new or strange.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know, since there's so much debate about whether autotune is used at all, I'd say it's hardly noticable so not much of an issue :D

edit:

oh my god September. :cry::wub:

it's not even that it sounds so great (the beginning does, but when the rest of the band joins in, Billie's voice is kind of like, straining to be heard, it seems) but yeah memories etc. :wub::cry:

and last line of Good Riddance ahhh. the whole GR sounds great but yeah. :wub:

awwh delux version of letterbomb is awesome. at the concert in mainz billie sang a part of letterbomb and I was so excited about it, and I looked forward to the AAF version and I'm so excited too!

Ya know, since there's so much debate about whether autotune is used at all, I'd say it's hardly noticable so not much of an issue anyway :D

well said.

Ya know, since there's so much debate about whether autotune is used at all, I'd say it's hardly noticable so not much of an issue :D

Yeah which is what I said. I didn't notice at all so.

at the concert in mainz billie sang a part of letterbomb and I was so excited about it!

I know!!!!!!! I totally freaked out about it, it was so beautiful :cry:

I know!!!!!!! I totally freaked out about it, it was so beautiful :cry:

It really was! and when I see the youtube vids I want back :rolleyes:

at the concert in mainz billie sang a part of letterbomb and I was so excited about it

ya, i really didnt expect that they gonna play it...and even a "silent" version, very beautiful :) ...wanna go back to July 1st, 2010

aahhhh I loved that part too, a lot! Sounds so great! Jason rocks the shit out of that sax :lol:

and he changed his hat while playing the solo :whistle:lol:

It really was! and when I see the youtube vids I want back :rolleyes:

I even got it filmed :woot:

and he changed his hat while playing the solo :whistle:lol:

oh yeah right haha. :lol:

im not impressed with the new dvd ..... didnt capture the green day live feeling ... i hate the editing ... shots cut 2 quick .. random black and white bits screen size randomly changes ( black borders ) and the cut many bits from the show ... water guns ... toilet paper gun ... shooting the t shirts .... no minority.. basketcase... king for a day ... brain stew ... hitching a ride .. a lot of banter between songs ... or it cuts to random pointless backstage footage .. or shows photographs ... i want to watch the dvd if i wanted pics id google the show lol

I don't know :mellow: , what do you think? Is it gonna be better than Bullet In A Bible??

I don't know :mellow: , what do you think? Is it gonna be better than Bullet In A Bible??

Take a look at the tracklist and you know the answer.

dude you psoted that already.

what are you talking about? I didn't. LOL

Edit: oh wait, you were talking to someone else. my bad. :P

dude you psoted that already.

anyways, 3:28 fucks my fucking mind :o Its so...I cant even tell you what :o

It's just great, isn't it :D

I love all the things from the musical he puts into the songs, unfortunately he didn't do that a lot back when the Tokyo show was filmed, but at least he did do this one.

In my opinion BIAB is still way better but I gotta feeling thats just me.

It's just great, isn't it :D

I love all the things from the musical he puts into the songs, unfortunately he didn't do that a lot back when the Tokyo show was filmed, but at least he did do this one.

Omg it is, I can't even tell you guys how much I love that part, :wub:

My favorite part is from C&V to She. I mean, I love it all but those chunk of songs just flow really easily and really make me feel like I am there.

and

At the beginning of EJN, the crowd's 'Oh ehh ohhh' s are a little off at first and then they get better and better :lol:

yeh sorry i posted in in this because it seemed liek the right place lol

i think the band wanted to show off some other gems and fan faves and keep promotion on 21CB

i just prefer shows in there entirety like some of the festival footage other concert dvds i own

i think the water guns and fan interaction makes a green day show ... the banter ect all adds up

and i think minority with the confeti and showing the wather guns would have showcased the full live experience

and i hated burnout because its all yellow .. and in my opinion was pointless .. i wanny see the shows lighting ect

know what i mean

i understand the song choice as i sed i think the band wanted more focus on 21cb and older songs .. and just just the singles and maybe some attention away from AI

i understand the song choice as i sed i think the band wanted more focus on 21cb and older songs .. and just just the singles and maybe some attention away from AI

What? I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. That they're focussing on 21stCB and AI and the singles and the older songs? EDIT: oh wait... that they're focussing on 21stCb and older songs and not on singles and AI? yeah I like that. [/end of edit]

As for the rest of your post... yeah, a concert in its entirety would be awesome, but that's not really a reasonable option for something commercial, so they probably weren't allowed to do that. So then you have to cut some songs and banter out, whether you like it or not.

Burnout completely in yellow was weird indeed.

Also try this thing called punctuation and capitalization. It's useful.

Moving the focus away from American Idiot is good for the band, I like the older songs on this album, and some new ones. This album is a good account of the 21st Century Breakdown World Tour.

Yeh sorry im a crap typer lol. I mean the song choice seemed like they were trying to give most attention on old fan favs and less knowing singles like GSB rather than Basket Case and keep promotiong 21CB songs and possibly taking the attention of AI

I really hated the yellow bit lol

The CD is cool gutted tho the 2 shows i was at i dont think Billie says like Glasgow or Mancheter in them but on some other tracks he mentions the place

for £8.99 its amazing

Archived