Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Vampire Diaries

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: The Vampire Diaries

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Damon or Stefan?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

secondGuessMe

secondGuessMe
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2010
  • 51 rep
This book is a vampire book. Yes, vampires can walk in the day, only if they have this cool ring. It's a seriously cool book series. It did not copy from Twilight, even though in the TV show, they do mention Twilight. If you look on the publishing date, it was published earlier.

Stefan Salvatore meets Elena Gilbert, who looks like his old lover, the one who turned him vampire, Katherine. Damon also loved Katherine, and he's a bad vampire. Stefan drinks animal blood. And so they are butting heads to win Elena's love.

Empty Laughter

Empty Laughter
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2009
  • 74 rep
I have to admit that I was interested in this book after seeing the tv series.
It's interesting the fact that Elena looks just like Katherine, the love triangle between Damon & Stefan, & all that. I really love it, and yeah, I have to go for the " bad guy", i love damon [in the book & TV, Ian Somehalder is just perfect for the role :wub:]

secondGuessMe

secondGuessMe
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2010
  • 51 rep

I have to admit that I was interested in this book after seeing the tv series.
It's interesting the fact that Elena looks just like Katherine, the love triangle between Damon & Stefan, & all that. I really love it, and yeah, I have to go for the " bad guy", i love damon [in the book & TV, Ian Somehalder is just perfect for the role http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...]

i know!!! I read the whole series because of the tv show. I kept hearing my friend go on and on about it. My auntie got it for me for a christmas present, so I read it. I love it so much. I only own the first one and the last one that came out. Once I get a job, I'm going to be buying the whole series.

Empty Laughter

Empty Laughter
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,103 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2009
  • 74 rep

i know!!! I read the whole series because of the tv show. I kept hearing my friend go on and on about it. My auntie got it for me for a christmas present, so I read it. I love it so much. I only own the first one and the last one that came out. Once I get a job, I'm going to be buying the whole series.

I've read only two, actually.. & I had to download them cos I couldn't get then in English here :(

secondGuessMe

secondGuessMe
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2010
  • 51 rep

I've read only two, actually.. & I had to download them cos I couldn't get then in English here http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

awww. that sucks. i was kind of neutral until i came across the last one. Damon just stole my heart. He tries to be a bad vampire, but his humanity shows.

Empty Laughter

Empty Laughter
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,103 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2009
  • 74 rep

awww. that sucks. i was kind of neutral until i came across the last one. Damon just stole my heart. He tries to be a bad vampire, but his humanity shows.

I love him since I started to see the show :lol:

*Maria_Laura*

*Maria_Laura*
  • Yoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Joined Sep 21, 2009
  • 42 rep
I watched the first episode and then I stopped.
Mainly because of my dislike for Twilight.

I've just realized we're talking about the books.
Sorry again guys :'(

secondGuessMe

secondGuessMe
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2010
  • 51 rep

I watched the first episode and then I stopped.
Mainly because of my dislike for Twilight.

Spoiler

yeah... the tv show is a lot like twilight... without the sparkly vampires, but the books are way cooler. it's.... better written for one and ..... the characters kick ass. especially bonnie... who is a witch who can basically kill vampires with her mind.... lol.

*Maria_Laura*

*Maria_Laura*
  • Yoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Joined Sep 21, 2009
  • 42 rep

yeah... the tv show is a lot like twilight... without the sparkly vampires, but the books are way cooler. it's.... better written for one and ..... the characters kick ass. especially bonnie... who is a witch who can basically kill vampires with her mind.... lol.

Yeah I've heard that the books are a lot better than Twilight. The writing in Twilight is horrible :sick:
I might just give this series a try later on :)
I'm pretty sure it's better than Twilight.
Oh and BTW I thought you guys were talking about the TV show I didn't realize D:
I'm such a fail :cry:
sorry guys !

secondGuessMe

secondGuessMe
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2010
  • 51 rep

Yeah I've heard that the books are a lot better than Twilight. The writing in Twilight is horrible http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...
I might just give this series a try later on http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...
I'm pretty sure it's better than Twilight.
Oh and BTW I thought you guys were talking about the TV show I didn't realize D:
I'm such a fail http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...
sorry guys !

no, it's perfectly fine.
i actually watch the show. i wasn't as into it at first, but i just had to watch. as the series progressed, you could see it's definetly different than twilight, even though the beginning is so like Twilight.
and if you read the series and watch the tv s how, like i did, you'll realize that the only real resemblence to the book is the first few chapters, then the book goes in another direction. it's a different everything. fascinating to watch the differences though.
i first watched the show then i read the series. when i first saw it, i never really saw a real connection to Twilight, other than the vampire is in love with a human. but it gets beyond just that, with the whole dople ganger (don't know how you spell that) thing. It's more brutal in the book. If you ever read the book, sorry, but here's a spoiler:
there is this part where there's this halloween party and this guy was pretending to be dead, but when a vampire really does kill him, no one notices until later. pretty freaky.

*Maria_Laura*

*Maria_Laura*
  • Yoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Joined Sep 21, 2009
  • 42 rep

no, it's perfectly fine.
i actually watch the show. i wasn't as into it at first, but i just had to watch. as the series progressed, you could see it's definetly different than twilight, even though the beginning is so like Twilight.
and if you read the series and watch the tv s how, like i did, you'll realize that the only real resemblence to the book is the first few chapters, then the book goes in another direction. it's a different everything. fascinating to watch the differences though.
i first watched the show then i read the series. when i first saw it, i never really saw a real connection to Twilight, other than the vampire is in love with a human. but it gets beyond just that, with the whole dople ganger (don't know how you spell that) thing. It's more brutal in the book. If you ever read the book, sorry, but here's a spoiler:
there is this part where there's this halloween party and this guy was pretending to be dead, but when a vampire really does kill him, no one notices until later. pretty freaky.

Lol sounds pretty awesome !!
now I really want to read this series.
But because of stupid school I don't have time :pinch:
I'm going to try this summer lol xD

secondGuessMe

secondGuessMe
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2010
  • 51 rep

Lol sounds pretty awesome !!
now I really want to read this series.
But because of stupid school I don't have time http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...
I'm going to try this summer lol xD

i see. good luck with school.
college gives you a lot of free time.
spend that wisely.

Edited by secondGuessMe, 02 October 2010 - 10:09 PM.

Vespertine

Vespertine
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,038 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2009
  • 411 rep
My friend told me the books are actually pretty awful, and he's really into the show. I've seen an episode of the show, and liked it. Well, I think I'll borrow the first book from my friend and see if I like it.

secondGuessMe

secondGuessMe
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2010
  • 51 rep

My friend told me the books are actually pretty awful, and he's really into the show. I've seen an episode of the show, and liked it. Well, I think I'll borrow the first book from my friend and see if I like it.

you'll like it, believe me. it's not so bad. books are better. for one thing.... she's blonde.

BringMoreKnives

BringMoreKnives
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,472 posts
  • Joined Jul 30, 2008
  • 1,221 rep
Damon, ftw :)

Advertising

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,413 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 779 rep
^
Indeed. :happy:

SweetChildren_

SweetChildren_
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Joined Mar 21, 2006
  • 140 rep
I'm Team Damon. :)
I've only read one book (The Return:Shadow Souls) because it had a lot of good damon/elena moments in it.

euphoric-pareidolias

euphoric-pareidolias
  • Abandoned Hope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  • Joined Jun 24, 2010
  • 181 rep

It did not copy from Twilight, even though in the TV show, they do mention Twilight. If you look on the publishing date, it was published earlier.

yeah, the first was published in the 90's.
when i was reading them people were saying she was was trying to copy Stephenie Meyer which is annoying now that all vampire books are judged on twilight levels :pinch: :pinch:
i think the Vampire Diaries are so much better than most vampire books and i think theyre much better than the tv series cos they seemed to change a lot of the things that happened in the books :pinch:

vertigo63

vertigo63
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined Feb 06, 2011
  • 21 rep

I love these books so much! My favorite character is Damon of course, I mean he is the perfect bad boy but with a little bit of a heart. And, I can not wait for the last book to come out this year. The fans will finally know who Elena will choose: Damon or Stefan. I hope that she chooses Damon. wub.gif

BriIsObsessed

BriIsObsessed
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2011
  • 22 rep

This book is a vampire book. Yes, vampires can walk in the day, only if they have this cool ring. It's a seriously cool book series. It did not copy from Twilight, even though in the TV show, they do mention Twilight. If you look on the publishing date, it was published earlier.

Stefan Salvatore meets Elena Gilbert, who looks like his old lover, the one who turned him vampire, Katherine. Damon also loved Katherine, and he's a bad vampire. Stefan drinks animal blood. And so they are butting heads to win Elena's love.

I read the first two, and it was very addicting. I never got the drive to buy the rest of them though, so maybe I will some time. Not sure about it yet. I really love the the tv show, and I can't wait for the season to start. DAMON IS MY LOVER :wub:

vertigo63

vertigo63
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined Feb 06, 2011
  • 21 rep

I know it's been a while since anyone posted in here, so I guess I'll go ahead. L. J. Smith is such a troll with these books! The writing is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the way that she writes and how she has Elena torn over who to choose, it just drives me up the wall! She needs to have Elena choose who she wants to be with, with a simple mind, and a final choice. I'm sorry for the rant, but I just needed to put that out there.

Kill_the_Kia

Kill_the_Kia
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2012
  • 738 rep
(never seen this thread)
Damon! :)

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Arse Doctor. PhD/Bloodqueef McOral (and Hitler)

• 14,453 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,826 rep
I think I'm gonna start watching this tonight. I've had like 3 seasons on my hard drive since they came out.

whatshername0303

whatshername0303
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Joined Jul 18, 2010
  • 148 rep

I know that this thread is not really active, but I'll take a chance...

I searched Vampire Diaires to find the TV series and now I find a thread for the book, yay! I need to read The Hunters: Moonsong... Does anyone read it? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users