You know you're addicted to green day when...

unabrasiveadhesive

When your therapist tells you that when she was watching The Voice and saw Billie Joe Armstrong, the first thing she thought of was you.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two days ago I was with some friends and there was a bar called "Duchi" which in italian pronunciation is the same as dookie...

so when my friend said "duchi caffè" I was thinking "dookie??where??where is dookie??" :lol:

You know when Tre walks by that ice cream truck thing in the Walking Contradiction video? I pretend I'm doing the same thing while walking by this trailer thing thats always parked next to the street I live on. Walking back from the dentist's office just got a whole lot cooler for me.

Nice :)

I do this, too. :-D I once used address: 1039/80 Christie Road, Strangeland and the letter was addressed to Jimmy. My english teacher didn't find it strange :happy:

I had to write a letter from holden caulfield after reading catcher in the rye for english....safe to say many of the lyrics from who wrote holden caulfield were used (among other green day references) :D

When your friend texts you when she found a green marker and thought of you, and then sends you a picture of the writing she put on her school's whiteboard saying "I am green"

When you're CONSTANTLY refreshing the GDA tab on your screen in the hope that one of the times SOMETHING new will pop up and you'll be able to obsess over it for a long period of time.

when someone knows from the first time you met them at a party that you are a GD fan, and mildly obsessed with this site also.

When you hear someone playing Green Day songs on guitar in another room and just run in to find out what's going on. Turns out my friends were playing WMUWSE just to find out how fast it would be until I showed up.

The highlight of your day is getting Minority (or any other Green Day song for that matter) stuck in your friends' heads during maths class. :lol:

When you already have plans to name your kids either Billie,Mike,or Tré ....

I couldn´t do this :D Poor boy whose name´s Tré. But I hope I´ll have a girl named Adrienne (Adriana in czech - quite usual name here, no one will ever suspect her of having st. in common with GD, after all she should be an individual not a copy). The name was planned in my mind but my boyfriend´s so sweet, he totally agrees and isn´t keen on GD at all (well, I suspect him he doesn´t really care but the result is just the same, very cool). Well, no rush, no one knows we´ll have any children.

When you were so busy counting down to ¡UNO! ¡Dos! And ¡Tré! that you forgot that your birthday is in 8 days.

Your teacher tells your class you need to pick a song and use it's lyrics in your next assignment and you automatically pick Green Day.

When you can't pick just one song because you love them all.

Now I wonder what my teacher would think if I used Dominated Love Slave :lol: . I picked Jesus of Suburbia! :D

When you get money to buy food in school since it's gonna be a long day and you rather starve so you can spontaneously buy that magazine with them on the cover... :rolleyes:

when gda/gdc is the first thing you check out every morning and all of your friends think you're computer addicted

I had GDC as my home page, but I had to make it the 2nd home page because I would go to do homework and end up on GDC the whole time and get no homework done.

lol mines 1702. Now no one break into my iPod either!

I was going to use something Green Day related, but anyone who knows me would figure it's Green Day related and would figure it out.

When your English/Language Arts teacher makes fun of you for having all your assignments about or including Green Day even if the topic is nowhere near related. :lol:

When you go to see a local band and see their set list includes Let Yourself Go and then they ask the crowd what song should we do next and before they have even finish you quickly yell LET YOURSELF GO!!!!

When your teacher calls you little one not knowing it’s Green Day related and you get excited and say “ I used to be Little One online, but now I’m a pedestrian. But I want to still move on to the next title” then him and your class give you weird looks and you tell them ohh it’s from Green Day Community and you explain to everyone the title and explain GDC and how awesome it is and how it works.

When your English/Language Arts teacher makes fun of you for having all your assignments about or including Green Day even if the topic is nowhere near related. :lol:

Haha I do that all the time. I always tie Green Day into my assignments some how. My latest assignment is a short story and I used some on Billie's life, Green Day, Tre', Mike and it's called St. Jimmy!

When you make and wear a bracelet that says "WTFWGDD", standing for "What The Fuck Would Green Day Do?"

when you're secretly browsing GDC in art class, though you're supposed to do some research. right now. ooops.

Archived