You know you're addicted to green day when...

unabrasiveadhesive

when the first words your sons says are " Billie Joe" I was so proud!!!!!!!!!!

lol that's awesome, you have cool kid :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..you can't stop talking & thinking about them...your whole life is based on green day songs... at every situation you start singing the matching song or quote one of the band's members... and ... and.. and...you even dream about them...and you feel like they're haunting you

When someone says a few words and you instantly can match it to a Green Day song, and you either:

1)sing it, just to prove to the unbelievers that it is a song.

- and/or -

2) get that song stuck in your head all day.

Get seriously too excited when I see a Green Day reference on tv

Urge people to listen to the music over and over again, even they only listen to Lady GaGa or Eminem (e.g my sister) :sick:

Sing any Green Day song loudly if they come up in the radio

Constantly try to find out if they will come back to Australia, but with no success (yes I am a sad strange fan girl :pinch: )

Bought REALLY expensive Chuck Taylors JUST for their concert last year

Concerning the last point, a the concert I stepped in something sticky and I didn't know what it was, and I had to scrape it off both my shoes and wash them repeatedly. But, it was worth it for Green Day! :wub:

When you are at school and someone on the other side of the room says Green Day and you stop and are like, "Green Day where?!?!"

1. your xbox live gamertag is drum 21GUNS

2. they are on almost all my ipod's playlists

3. spent the last 15 min. on itunes listening to all the crappy covers of GD songs(esp. 21 guns, duh) and already have bought most of them

...and there is much more, but I'm new to the forum and I don't want to go on and on. Btw, I did find an a capella version of 21 guns that's not bad. Here's the link to itunes if u want to check it out My link

When you are singing Redundant so loud that the people look at you and you don't care about it

Constantly try to find out if they will come back to Australia, but with no success (yes I am a sad strange fan girl :pinch: )

Trust me, you're not the only one =/

When finding a copy of Dookie and Nimrod at a Second Hand junk stall saddens you, yet at the same time you're more than happy to take advantage of this persons loss...and grab yourself yet another copy :lol:

when the first words your sons says are " Billie Joe" I was so proud!!!!!!!!!!

That is so awesome... Your son is gonna become like the coolest kid ever! :D

-when you run around the house singing Green Day songs that are relevant to your life at the moment. and you ignore your family telling you shut up.

-when you've had that song that billie sang on his last night on broadway stuck in your head all day. and you wrote it down on the back of your biology quiz...

When you tell your parents you wanna go to college in Northern California (mostly UC Berkley), and your parents ask you if it is so you can be near Green Day. And you know this is at least partly true :whistle:

You make your favorite radio stations DJ play Green Day trivia with you on facebook. AHahah.

He asks me questions about the history of the band or names a line of a song lyric...LOL. But it's all good.. He doesn't mind doing it...he's like my brother lol he even calls me "TK"

When you play a shitty Green Day dvd quiz and get some of the answers wrong...only because the people who made it couldn't be bothered to research the right answers properly :dry:

When you freak out that your drum teacher has the same birthday as Tre...it has to be a sign for something, right?

When you play a shitty Green Day dvd quiz and get some of the answers wrong...only because the people who made it couldn't be bothered to research the right answers properly :dry:

When you freak out that your drum teacher has the same birthday as Tre...it has to be a sign for something, right?

OMG. That is totally a sign!

When you hear a green day song playing and you run around like u are mad

When someone you see on the street wears something that says green day and you greet him calling him brother (or sister) and embrace him

When someone says Green Day and you stop doing everything

-when your friends know way more about Green Day than they should cause you talk about them so much

-when your parents are at the point of beating you cause you wont shut up about any recent Green Day news

-When you drive other Green Day fans away because of how obsessed you are

-when "y'know" becomes a part of your regular vocabulary

THIS.

When your watching a band perform at school and they point you out saying "this songs for that kid, he likes this band" then they play basket case and your wondering how they know u like green day then u relize the whole school knows haha :)

When your watching a band perform at school and they point you out saying "this songs for that kid, he likes this band" then they play basket case and your wondering how they know u like green day then u relize the whole school knows haha :)

Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago, a band was playing at school and they said "This next song's by Green Day, it's called Redundant." I was the only one in the crowd of around 100 people who knew what the songs was, I cheered really loudly and everyone turned round and glared at me :lol:

while on an 8 day Disney World vacation, your sister texts you to tell you Billie Joe is appearing in American Idiot the whole week you are away and offers to get tickets for the day after you get back, the final show.. you live in Boston. the day after you return from very tiring vacation, you find yourself on a bus to NYC. :D

so worth it.

-do a 40 minute presentation on them at school and when you're saying Billie's biography your teacher asks "this is the same person?"

:lol:

THIS! I did that my junior year of high school, we were suppose to get three presentations in, but I spent a good 10-15 minutes on each member of the band..It was awesome, My teacher ended with.."Well now that we are all Green Day experts..." I didnt give a shit, that's my band!

Its bad when,..

-You're suppose to be doing your homework or something productive but you happen to watch a video of Green Day and see another one...and so on, and so on0 until before you know its its 4am.

-You find yourself saying "y'know" a hella lot more

-You give everyone TMI about the band.

-You have Billie Joe playing naked at MSG on your wall

-You have converted your entire family into Green Day fanatics because you talk about them so damn much

-Go into Hot Topic and do not see a Green Day shirt, so you just walk right out.

-You spend countless hours waiting for updates on a gig that you're not even at.

-Wrote down on your 9th grade "i want to be when I grow up.." A dominated love slave. Or try to involve Green Day in everything you do, work, school, movies...

ahh that happened to me too! this band at my school performed a Green Day song and i flipped out. so the rest of the night they played like 6 more Green Day songs cause of how excited i got when they did one.

hmm,

when you actually start beating your bf because you can't be in south america right now

when you are desperatly saving money for green day stuff (i usually just tell my mum i ate at school and spend her money even if i didn't, so she gave me more haha)

when everyone in the class is trying to annoy you with repeating two words that i hate (green ?ay) so that they see how patient you are (i am not at all)

when you sing their songs everyy minute in school

when you freak out when it's very silent in class because some stupid guy wrote green ?ay on the desk

when you write the whole jesus of suburbia lyrics in the school wc

Archived