The GDC Wallpaper Calendar 2011

matteo263

Hey Guys and Girls,

if you have been here for more than a year than you already know what this is about.

Last year in the last month of the year thanks to a great collaborative effort from many members of GDC we managed to create a Wallpaper Calendar about Green Day. The main idea is to create 12 wallpapers along with a front 'cover; and 'back cover' each with a green day theme, a calendar and a list of the most important feasts, holidays and green day anniversaries.GDC Calendar 2010 Last Year we had a team of researchers, graphic designers, proofreaders and organisers.

This year I decided to take a more organised approach to this calendar so that we have more time for people to pool in ideas, consider, get contribution, select the best graphic designers etc before we do the actual work.

So here is the place where you can tell us what you can do for the calendar.(Anything you can imagine) and also pool in ideas.

Here are some points to ponder.

i) Is there a better way to rapresent anniversaries than last year?

ii) (mods) Is a physical calendar possible?

iii)animated wallpapers?

iv)means of advertising?

v)selling for charity?

vi)fixed theme throught calendar like 2010 in review or a month for each album +side project

So start discussing!! I am planning to ask a mod to close this in 3 weeks.

PS. Any graphic designer has to also post a link to his/her best works

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh.. thats cool. :ga:

I would love to help! I don't really know how it went last year with planning and whatnot, so yeah I probably won't be of much help to I get a feel of how things go... :lol:

Hey Guys and Girls,

if you have been here for more than a year than you already know what this is about.

Last year in the last month of the year thanks to a great collaborative effort from many members of GDC we managed to create a Wallpaper Calendar about Green Day. The main idea is to create 12 wallpapers along with a front 'cover; and 'back cover' each with a green day theme, a calendar and a list of the most important feasts, holidays and green day anniversaries.GDC Calendar 2010 Last Year we had a team of researchers, graphic designers, proofreaders and organisers.

This year I decided to take a more organised approach to this calendar so that we have more time for people to pool in ideas, consider, get contribution, select the best graphic designers etc before we do the actual work.

So here is the place where you can tell us what you can do for the calendar.(Anything you can imagine) and also pool in ideas.

Here are some points to ponder.

i) Is there a better way to rapresent anniversaries than last year?

ii) (mods) Is a physical calendar possible?

iii)animated wallpapers?

iv)means of advertising?

v)selling for charity?

So start discussing!! I am planning to ask a mod to close this in 3 weeks.

It is a great idea , however, I have the following suggestions , worries and questions.

Is a physical calendar possible?

I guess it is , but I am afriad the cost would be high. And how about the oversea fans? ( cos I am from HK :P )

iii)animated wallpapers?

No , I don't think it is a good idea :)

v)selling for charity?

It is a really good ! Since the calendar will be printed with Green Day's pictures on , should ask Green Day before we actually do it .

You know, I am not sure if they like us to do that on their name or not.

Just a few suggestions :)

DEB

I'm down for being a part of it again :)

It is a great idea , however, I have the following suggestions , worries and questions.

Is a physical calendar possible?

I guess it is , but I am afriad the cost would be high. And how about the oversea fans? ( cos I am from HK :P )

iii)animated wallpapers?

No , I don't think it is a good idea :)

v)selling for charity?

It is a really good ! Since the calendar will be printed with Green Day's pictures on , should ask Green Day before we actually do it .

You know, I am not sure if they like us to do that on their name or not.

Just a few suggestions :)

DEB

It's not a physical calendar. It's a package that you can download (via zip or whatever) with all 12 months, each month designed by a different member on GDC. They are set as wallpapers for your computer :)

I'd love to be part of it again :happy:

And I think that a physical calendar would be too expensive, but idk =/ that's just my opinion. If someone likes it, he/she can download the .zip file and get it printed himself, anyway

thanks to all these suggestions and thanks Jaymee and Micky for deciding to contribute yet again! What can I list you down as? A Graphic designer?

thanks to all these suggestions and thanks Jaymee and Micky for deciding to contribute yet again! What can I list you down as? A Graphic designer?

Yeaaaah, Micky and I are down again as designers! Not sure which month though...tbh I don't really care.

Well, maybe Feb. Because I'm all about the beej.

ok so MIcky Jaymee and Nele are in the list for graphic design. I would also like to have a link of your best designs. We will decide about months later on :)

ok so MIcky Jaymee and Nele are in the list for graphic design. I would also like to have a link of your best designs. We will decide about months later on :)

I'll send you a PM with something, maybe later, but you could start taking a look at my art thread, if you have some time :)

I am also looking for someone with artistic knowledge to help choose the best graphic designers. If there are alot of disigners we might decide to make multiple calenders.

Another point to ponder.

Should the calendar be focussed on one theme?

for example 2010 in review or a calendar bio or a page for each album. (and we add biab, fxboro and network)

I am also looking for someone with artistic knowledge to help choose the best graphic designers. If there are alot of disigners we might decide to make multiple calenders.

Another point to ponder.

Should the calendar be focussed on one theme?

for example 2010 in review or a calendar bio or a page for each album. (and we add biab, fxboro and network)

Mmmh...last year everyone just designed their designated month to what was Green Day-relevant to that month (eg February, May and December were Billie, Mike and Tre oriented, respectfully, July was about BIAB (I did that one last year), someone else did The Network, someone did FBHT).

Nice idea! Last year I wasn't here yet, so you may need to tell me how this whole thing works :lol: but anyways, I think I can contribute as graphic designer. I would really glad to help!

Nice idea! Last year I wasn't here yet, so you may need to tell me how this whole thing works :lol: but anyways, I think I can contribute as graphic designer. I would really glad to help!

Cool !! 4 disgners already. I think that 2 calendars is a possibility. Can you please post a link to your best designs?. :)

Mmmh...last year everyone just designed their designated month to what was Green Day-relevant to that month (eg February, May and December were Billie, Mike and Tre oriented, respectfully, July was about BIAB (I did that one last year), someone else did The Network, someone did FBHT).

Don't get me wrong. Last year was great but we might want to try something different.

I want to do May. :whistle But if we decide stuff like that later, that's ok, too. :)

You could take a look in my My art thread. Most of my stuff is in there. :)

At this point, if we find enough designer, we can make three calendars (Green Day, FBHT, The Network) - just a thought :shy:

Can you please post a link to your best designs?. :)

Sure, you can visit my deviantart (link on my sign) but I guess that style does not fit with the calendar idea. I can make other kinds of work but I don't use to upload them anymore since they were always stolen and it was pretty annoying :ninja: the only one I have in my hands now is this one. If it's not enough, I will arrange something later :happy:

awesome idea - not sure if im highly skilled in any way but I would love to help out if you need me :)

(or if all of the months arent taken I would love to try do one) :)

I absolutely loved this the last time and have been using it all year! :happy: I dont think I'll be able to take part because my graphic skills fail but I really hope it turns out like last years!

Wow, I'd love to create something for this! Now that I've got Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and Gimp installed I can finally create things that don't look like shit. XD So, I'm all up for just about any month, but I think I'd like dibs on October please! :)

Awesome, I'm still using the one made for 2010 actually. I can't make wallpapers yet (still learning the whole deal with graphic design), so I'm just gonna be a person who says it's a good idea... mental support or something? :lol:

I'd love to help, but I'm not too sharp on the whole graphic design... If you require a proofreader or something; I'm your girl!

Archived