Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

_GREENDAY_

Linkin Park

1,231 posts in this topic

Just wonderin if you feel like me and wanting them to make a new album andTOUR the world!!!!! Mike shonodas stuff is cool 2.

I like Hybrid Theory and Meteora but the Jay Z shit sucks :down:

I would like to see them tour but I want to see their "old" stuff not their new stuff.

i agree..i didnt like the Jay-Z stuff

Love LP, seen them a couple of times and they were really good, looking forward to Chester's new album rather than Mike's stuff, I read an interview with Chester and he said he didnt really want to do the Jay Z stuff but the band wanted to do it and he liked the guy on a personal level, so he did it. Isnt LP's new album out in the spring?

They have some good songs.

no, never really liked them..

I just don't like thire music

I used to really love them, when i was into the whole nu-metal thing.... that made me want to distance myself from them for a while, but listening to Hybrid Theory now, it sounds awesome. Chester's new stuff should be interesting, but i hope it doesn't sound like My December, coz that's just an awful song.... He does shouting a lot better than singing.

they really good, without chester they would be nothing, jay z stuff is crap, and there not one of those bands were they show off like with there clothes and ware make up, to me there punks

they really good, without chester they would be nothing, jay z stuff is crap, and there not one of those bands were they show off like with there clothes and ware make up, to me there punks

no they are indeed without artiface, I applaud them for standing on their own, no suits or eyeliner, chester certainly has the biggest voice I have ever heard or seen.............just sometimes I want to shut Mike S up .......

and the darkness supporting them..............oh just give me a a gun

Linkin Park is like Limp Bizkit, not so much musically, but they're a band no one wants to admit they ever liked.

I pretty much like them, some of the Jay-Z stuff sucked horribly. I saw them live once, and they are absolutely awesome. Almost close to Green Day on my favorite shows. Yeah, I guess I am curious to what Chester's album is going to sound like.

my friends boyfriend reminds me of fred durst heaps.

Linkin Park is like Limp Bizkit, not so much musically, but they're a band no one wants to admit they ever liked.

I have to say at one point in their career you had a point, specifically the first album, but after that, well they were well on their own and flying...............and Fred never owned or even came close to owning as much as he would have liked to............

i like linkin park but only because they bring back nice memories.

A lot of people, after the Jay-Z things and to an extent, meteora, felt that Linkin Park had gone way to mainstream, and changed very drastically from what theystarted as,and since then dont ever like to say that they liked them, because they have changed so much, and the earlier fans, didnt want to be known to like a band, that is known for meteora and the Jay-Z shit. Likewise, A lot of limp bizkit fans, after boreland left, never said they liked limp bizkit, becuase they changed so much, and didnt want to be associated to what people thought of limp bizkit after the change. That, and they were slight tools.

I dont mean the people still dont like the bands, they just dont want to admit they do or did.

That has happened with green day too.

Edited by Holden

easily the worst band of this decade.

Edited by mclaren

bollocks

dont like them, then dont read this thread, fuck off

A lot of people, after the Jay-Z things and to an extent, meteora, felt that Linkin Park had gone way to mainstream, and changed very drastically from what theystarted as,and since then dont ever like to say that they liked them, because they have changed so much, and the earlier fans, didnt want to be known to like a band, that is known for meteora and the Jay-Z shit. Likewise, A lot of limp bizkit fans, after boreland left, never said they liked limp bizkit, becuase they changed so much, and didnt want to be associated to what people thought of limp bizkit after the change. That, and they were slight tools.

I dont mean the people still dont like the bands, they just dont want to admit they do or did.

That has happened with green day too.

totally....but it began with reanimation........meteora was a step in the right direction again,..........then they just lost the plot......

i can post in any thread i like. thanks for the offer though.

a few years ago my friend wanted to jam on guitar with me. he sent me a bunch of linkin park tabs because that was the stuff he was into. i had never really listened to linkin park then, so i went ahead and learned them. every fucking song was exactly the same. they recycle the same five guitar chords in every song, often in the same order! it's fucking ridiculous.

i can post in any thread i like. thanks for the offer though.

a few years ago my friend wanted to jam on guitar with me. he sent me a bunch of linkin park tabs because that was the stuff he was into. i had never really listened to linkin park then, so i went ahead and learned them. every fucking song was exactly the same. they recycle the same five guitar chords in every song, often in the same order! it's fucking ridiculous.

maybe, but they dont sound the same when they reproduce them do they? they sound like different songs to me......................and if you really want to talk about five guitar chords in every song.....

or even three..................

totally....but it began with reanimation........meteora was a step in the right direction again,..........then they just lost the plot......

can you...... ever...... finish a sentence....... without..... trailing off..... into a series of periods........

maybe, but they dont sound the same when they reproduce them do they? they sound like different songs to me......................and if you really want to talk about five guitar chords in every song.....

or even three..................

no.... see.... they do sound the same...... but that's only..... one of the...... reasons why they suck so hard.............

if you dont like them, why bother to read this thread, just fuck off and leave us Chester fans alone

you can criticize......punk bands...... for sticking to..... a three chord formula...... but linkin park..... uses the SAME....... five chords...... in every song..... plus they play...... in dropped d...... which is the easiest.. tuning ever.... to play in.... because delson blows.....

stop arguing.

delson is pretty good, go criticise some other band

stop arguing.

no we are enjoying the debate

delson is pretty good, go criticise some other band

anyone who makes this claim is a fucking moron. i remember reading a lesson with him in guitar world. for the intro to pushing me away he said, and i quote, "that part's a real bitch to play live". i had being playing guitar for only two or three months at the time, so i fucking sucked. i'm far from a natural. i picked up my guitar, and had the part down within five minutes. it was basically the one linkin park song that didn't use one fingered detuned power chords the whole way through, and i notice how they stopped playing it live after they had enough songs to cut it out of their set.