Green Day love song for wedding

Sharmellow

Okay, so here's the deal. My sister asked my friend and I to play a song at her wedding. Obviously, it has to be a well-suited love song. And of course, I want to choose a Green Day song.

I will be playing acoustic guitar, and my friend will be singing. This is what her voice sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjBGp2AIim4

We've already decided not to do:

Redundant

When It's Time

Last Night On Earth

I let her listen to those three songs and showed her the lyrics, and she said they weren't suited for a wedding, or at least, her wedding.

So, my fellow GDCers, any suggestions? It can be from any of their albums.

Thanks, guys in advance!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...Poprocks and Coke?

I want Last Night on Earth if I ever get married, so I haven't really thought about other songs. :lol:

If those ones weren't "for her" then I don't know what would be :unsure:

Other than those 3, I can't really think of any other songs that would be suitable for a wedding...

I agree with the above comments...those are their main love songs. You could try 1,000 hours or something. Poprocks and Coke is also a good option

I would've said When It's Time, so yeah.

Maybe 2000 Light Years Away? It doesn't really fit, but I can't think of any other ~love songs. Or maybe Church On Sunday?

Dominated Love Slave? Hahah no.

If those have been ruled out then it's kind of rough pickings...

Church On Sunday? "Today is the first day of the rest of our lives..."

1,000 Hours would actually be rather nice. Maybe the "passionate love all night long" line could be altered.

Hearts Collide? I personally can't stand it but it would suit the occasion and might sound different accoustic.

Good ideas guys. Actually, 1000 Hours sounds pretty good, lyrical wise. I would prefer Church On Sunday, but I don't think she would like the second verse.

And keep in mind, my sister is usually one of those "pop" fanatics. I mean, she doesn't like the Bieber kid, but she's really into the current music and hip-hop/r&b.

Hearts Collide. I'd just slow down the tempo a tad since it's gonna be and acoustic version.

i vote 1000 hours. 80 is a good love song... even if it was written specifically for adrienne..

Hearts Collide. I'd just slow down the tempo a tad since it's gonna be and acoustic version.

Yes, if I decide to go with that song, it would definitely have to slow down in tempo. Thanks for the suggestion, it's definitely one of my options.

I would say go with Minnesota Gal but i dont think she is from minnesota so that wouldnt work

I would say go with Minnesota Gal but i dont think she is from minnesota so that wouldnt work

Haha, nope. Sorry, Jerry. :(

She's also a Saskie. :P

Haha, nope. Sorry, Jerry. :(

She's also a Saskie. :P

ok you could always tinker with the lyrics and do it as Saskatchewan gal ;)

dude...she said her sister doesn't want Redundant either..

I vote for Hearts Collide or Poprocks and Coke! :)

I'm gong to have to go with the suggested above of Church on Sunday and Poprocks and Coke.... But what about Good Riddance, I know at time's it's kinda overdone... But its a classic :)

how many songs are you going to play??

You must play When it's time for sure, I can image everyone getting touched :)

Hearts Collide? I personally can't stand it but it would suit the occasion and might sound different accoustic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xvlyYAekxU :wub:

When it's time it's not a good song for a wedding? What kind of person is your sister? :runaround::lol:

I'd say Only of you or Pop rocks and coke slowed down a bit.

Archived