What would you do to meet Green Day?

BasketCase*

:o You got to chat with Billie? This is the first I've heard about it. Details woman, details!

But yeah, I'd rather meet them by chance rather than trying to force it. I mean, I loved going out in Ireland on that little run, but the whole time I felt awkward and uncomfortable. Especially once we got to the pub. I went to the bar and was JUST about to order a pint with Becki, and then Izzi ran up and said they weren't there and we left. I don't think I wouldn't felt as weird if I had actually been able to have a drink, but because we just went in and out was like ergh...bad conscience mojo. Like, seeing Tre in Paris threw me for a fucking loop. It was the first time I'd ever seen any of them NOT on stage and it completely froze me, I couldn't even snap a picture :lol: But it was by surprise, and none of us (except dear old mummy :P) was expecting it, and that's what I liked about it.

The only reason we didn't have drinks is cos Darren was stuck outside, we couldn't just leave him there! :lol:

I don't know why we even bothered to be honest, cos there's not a chance I'd have gone up to them anyway.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting around after concerts is always a good idea :cool:

That's exactly it, it's all down to luck really. If I thought they were around in a public place I'd hang around and try to run into them probably, but I wouldn't want to invade their privacy, like I wouldn't wait around their houses or anything.

yeah, it's like, hello? is Billie Joe there? No! moreover I'm really shy so when I went to Billie Joe's house my friend said hey ring the door, and I was like no, I can't, and she told me wtf? you were 12 hours in a fucking plane and you're not going to ring !?

sometimes I feel like I had to ring this door, but i couldn't say anything lol

yeah, it's like, hello? is Billie Joe there? No! moreover I'm really shy so when I went to Billie Joe's house my friend said hey ring the door, and I was like no, I can't, and she told me wtf? you were 12 hours in a fucking plane and you're not going to ring !?

sometimes I feel like I had to ring this door, but i couldn't say anything lol

You were at his house! :o Yeah exactly, it would just be awkward, what would you say? :runaround:

How do so many people know where his house is/was?

It was very brief. Me, Sarah and Aska couldn't find our terminal so we just sat down in these random chairs. Looked up and saw the international departures sign. Then I felt bad cause I felt like an airport stalker. And we saw Arturo walk passed, then went "no it surely wasn't him. just some big dude."

then all of a sudden Aska jumps up and goes "Holy shit its Billie" and walks off. So there was Billie, Adie and the kids walking passed. And we just said hi and he was like "oh hey guys" and we thanked him for the shows and Aska thanked him for pulling her on stage and he was all "no worries" and Adie smiled at us and we wished them a pleasant flight haha.

then Tre walked passed with a body guard.

Then we saw Mike with Brittany and Brixton and I just completely froze. We wanted to leave, we all felt uncomfortable and like we were intruding but I could not pull myself away from Mike. So we just stood there silently while they walked passed. Me gaping like a freak haha.

We spoke to Jason White briefly too and just told him to have fun in New Zealand. and he asked how we were and yeah :) he was lovely.

:woot: That's so cool that you saw all of them!

I would probably do some extrem and wierd things i would regret after if it ment i could meet them... :blink: lol!

Lol, Sounds like i'm some kind of gangster. I'm not, HAHA! x)

i would do the impossible(impossible is nothing) i would do every thing and when i see them i will relax and start asking them thinks

i would do the impossible(impossible is nothing) i would do every thing and when i see them i will relax and start asking them thinks

start a totally kickass band, get tons of publicity and then ask their management to go on one of their tours! but barring that I figure it will just be pure luck.

I would travel half way across the world and get a backstage VIP pass and wait out for a night by the stage door....

yeah, i actually did that. In Munich i got me a stage pass cause i knew the Producer and when the show finished, the band got in the car straight away and rushed off.

Talk about an upset :(

There is no god D:

I would actually have my right pinkie toe cut off. With at least some anesthetic of course. Or get some (not too) weird tattoo on my foot. It would also be a good conversation starter if I wear sandals :lol:

Edit: But I would have to be able to spend some time with them. I'm not so sure if I would do it for a 5 second "hi" and thats it :P

first, i'd wait for their arrival at the airport. then i'd proceed to their hotel and wait for them to come out of their room, watch them at the press con, just keep an eye on them wherever they go. then maybe i'd get lucky to be close enough to them and hug them. i'd join any contest if there's a meet and greet.

on the concert i'd do absolutely anything to get picked for longview. then after the show, i'd wait for them at the parking lot. luls.

i'd also be there at the airport when it's time to leave.

seriously, that's my plan.

Nothing. If I ever met them, it would be by sheer chance and dumb luck.

same

Tbh I don't even want to meet them that much xD

I'd probably do anything... well I wouldn't kill... I wouldn't give money..cause I don't have it...and this would be sth priceless.... so....there are no boundaries... I even would even do a hot-air balloon ride :o

I dunno... I think I'd do the average music fanatic stuff. Last year I was really wired after the show with some new found friends and decided to just walk passed the guard that was in front of the parking deck bus area entrance thing as if it was what I was supposed to do. It almost worked, but some one got nervous and said something.

I have faith it'll happen one day. I'm way too much of a fan for it not to. All in good time.

You were at his house! :o Yeah exactly, it would just be awkward, what would you say? :runaround:

How do so many people know where his house is/was?

Actually I went to California because of them, i saw them in San José, they were in tour anyway.

I didn't know where his house was, but there everyone knows where he lives, my host family knew it, and my host mother told me that she usually see Adie in the same supermarket

^ That's so awesome, haha, the supermarket would be the perfect run-in place!

I don't think there's that much you can do except try and be in the right place at the right time and getting lucky. If they're touring somewhere, make an effort to walk around that city and stuff I guess.

I'm couldn't say 'Oh why don't I ever run into Green Day?' sitting on my ass in Yorkshire... we did make sure we had an extra good wander around Manchester before/after the LCCG gig though, haha.

Actually I went to California because of them, i saw them in San José, they were in tour anyway.

I didn't know where his house was, but there everyone knows where he lives, my host family knew it, and my host mother told me that she usually see Adie in the same supermarket

That's really cool! :woot: It would be so funny to run into a member of Green Day in somewhere like a supermarket, it's such a mundane place. :lol:

That night was one of the funniest, looking back on it :lol: Cant beleive we missed them and they were in fact in Vicar St :cry: Even though like you said, we would just stand there and walk away... :lol:

I think that, if we did in fact meet Green Day that night, the main topic of conversation would have revolved around why you were wearing a rain jacket :P

Mmmh.....I don't know if I had the possibilities i'd probably travel to a country far,far away but since I can't most I did so far was (already traveling 500 km to a concert) and waiting after every show and searching the tourbus but it didnt work so far. :(

That's really cool! :woot: It would be so funny to run into a member of Green Day in somewhere like a supermarket, it's such a mundane place. :lol:

haha yeah!

"hey Mike, how are you doing today? ohhh I love this kind of cereals!" lmao

haha yeah!

"hey Mike, how are you doing today? ohhh I love this kind of cereals!" lmao

:lol:

I don't want to end up like Laurie L....

thanks for the idea man!

just kidding :mellow:

Oh, I'd be the real life Laurie L.

...not really. I don't know. I don't think I'd go insanely far. Mostly, I just hang around after shows and shit...

I'd break some of my bones.

I wouldn't eat for 2 weeks.

and idk, probably some other shit as well.

nothing..i'm not a psycho fan or sth... well if i had the opportunity then i'd try to see them but not like try hard... someday i'll have a chance anyway :whistle

Archived