Why do you admire Billie Joe Armstrong?

dori711

Hy everybody!

I opened this topic because I'd like to write an essay in this theme. (I'ts not a must-do, I just want to try my skills of essay writing, and what a surprise, this question is interesting enough to write some short-or long work.) :P

If you have ideas, please collect and write here, in some aspects like:

- personality

- outfit

- private life

- his "green" life, i mean with *the most amazing band in the world* Green Day

- musical/social/literal/environmental/etc activities

If you have more ideas, just write them here. (PM is also a good option)

Thanks in advance for your help. :happy:

The deadline is July 30. :thumbsup:

Dori

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admire Billie Joe Armstrong because he introduced me to the world of Punk Rock. I admire him because I've never seen a show where he gives less than 100% and you can always tell he is having a good time. He may not be the most technical guitar player but he makes the most catchy Punk riffs you can imagine. He makes amazing music and puts on amazing shows, and everyone's invited. What I also love about him is his honesty in interviews, he stays true to himself and is never ashamed to say how he feels incase it upsets someone.

Most of the time, I really admire him for his "Can't keep me down" spirit. It sounds like he has been through his share of trials and tribulations in his life and the fact that maybe some of those events could've stopped him from wanting to be in green day but didn't. I just really admire that.

What I also love about him is his honesty in interviews, he stays true to himself and is never ashamed to say how he feels incase it upsets someone.

That's a good point. His interviews are always really open and interesting and they always remind me why I admire him so much. :wub:

Because he genuinely doesn't realise just how talented and inspirational he is. 20 years down the line, he still seems amazed by the support Green Day get.

Because he genuinely doesn't realise just how talented and inspirational he is. 20 years down the line, he still seems amazed by the support Green Day get.

And also this, totally. It seems like the fame hasn't gotten into their heads at all, which is one of the most amazing things about them.

Exactly! I've noticed when an interviewer compliments his music he always looks genuinely surprised and says "thank you". It's like he doesn't realise just how good he is.

I don't admire him :mellow:

Exactly! I've noticed when an interviewer compliments his music he always looks genuinely surprised and says "thank you". It's like he doesn't realise just how good he is.

Don't tell me you admire him because of that :lol:

I think is a mix of all the things you named.

Billie Joe is like my second father, he has as made me realise so many things about politics, humanity, love .. through this lyrics. In some way he opened my eyes 'cause I started to listen Green Day when I was almost 11 years old so by this time i was really innocent and I didn't know anything about life and I think is absolutely amazing (in this case Green Day) could be their "education" for a 11 years old, my parents never talked me about the humanity mess or how the real world is, I didn't know how the things are outside my village.

He always want to better oneself and i love the passion with he do everything.

He's so energy and positive, he is shown that one person can be capable of many things and make a difference. he cares about the environment and the most important thing is he helps the environment (natural disasters and stuff) and he tries to improve it.

I like the way he is, when i saw any interview or some quotes, the only thing that comes up to my mind is how amazing person he is.

About his private life .. I think he's a great father and a great husband, I don't know him but as I could know he's a wonderful person and the treat Adrienne really really good, he's full of love because of her and everyone can see it in the Adrienne's songs, i would like to fins someone like him he seems to be really sweet and attentive with his family.

I definitely love his style, adeline street clothing is awesome, really creative and original with so many style, I love rock outfits and he really knows how to wear it.

Finally I also think he has an special love for us, his/their fans he can touch us and we sometimes can touch him it's mutual love

I'm totally sure that if i have never known about Green Day and Billie Joe I would no be the person I am today and I would think in a different way. He completely changed my life and made me a happier and more positive person.

He definitely can make a different and he can change people's life

forgive me if my english is wrong, I hope it helps you, It's a short of why I admire him

I admire Billie Joe because he does what he does for himself and those he loves, not for the fame or the money. And he doesn't revel in the fact he is so talented, Billie uses it to bring happiness to those around him instead of making himself look good :happy:

Billie Joe is like my second father, he has as made me realise so many things about politics, humanity, love .. through this lyrics.

I'm totally sure that if i have never known about Green Day and Billie Joe I would no be the person I am today and I would think in a different way. He completely changed my life and made me a happier and more positive person.

He definitely can make a different and he can change people's life

this completely :D

I admire Billie Joe 'cause he, for one reason, isn't one of those big-headed rockers who think they are better than everyone, and that he cares about his songs and lyrics, he trues to tell a story through music, and I think that is a very awesome thing to do. I also admire his honesty, and that he is his own critic.

I don't admire him :mellow:

Don't tell me you admire him because of that :lol:

Why?

His ability to do what he wants and doesn't give a damn about what anybody thinks, His voice, music and song writting ability and his hair - I am so jealous that he could pull off blue hair so damn well!

His ability to do what he wants and doesn't give a damn about what anybody thinks,

Exactly!

That's also why I admire him so much (and even Green Day, in that case), because they've always done the kind of music they wanted to do. When we listen to all their records, they all have their own sound. As for "Warning", it seemed surprising for the band to do a kind of acoustic record, but that's what they wanted to do, no matter what everyone was thinking. Same thing with the Foxboro Hot Tubs, you know, they wanted to make an album, getting crazy playing in little venues, and that's what they did!

Especially on the last tours for 21st cb, he and the band are so spontaneous, and it made me admire him and them all the more. I remember in Wembley last June, BJ was like "Ok so I don't know what's the next song is gonna be", and he started to play "Waiting". They are still surprising me and that's just amazing.

Sorry I'm talking about the band there, but it's also about BJ.

Even the American Idiot Musical, that's something BJ wanted to do, and now it's on Broadway, (and that's awesome), it's crazy.

BJ writes and composes music from his heart and I think we can really feel that. As a songwriter he amazes me, as a singer he gives me chills.

He seems to stay really simple, and I admire him for that, because he's in one of the biggest rock bands of the world, and he could have easily become presumptuous or something like that. As some persons already said, I like what he says during interviews, he's someone really interesting.

I admire him cause he's talented, genuine, not snobby, honest with the fans, the greatest frontman on earth. I also love the fact that music is his life, I mean, when he's on stage he's completely different, he's born for being on a stage and sing his heart out; he can entertain, he can touch people's hearts, he knows how to turn even the simplest emotion into an amazing song. I brought me into punk, he opened my eyes about a lot of issues, above all individuality, he taught me that we shouldn't try to look or behave as the world is expecting us to look or behave, but that we should be simply ourselves and be proud of that.

I admire him because he saved me from pop music :mellow:

No, seriously, you all already said why he's great ... he's honest, genuine, he doesn't care what other people think about him and he does what he does for himself, his family and to leave his mark in music history

I admire him because he saved me from pop music :mellow:

Yeah, this also :mellow:

I just love him because he is so dedicated to the band and the people he loves. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who won't take any bullshit. The lyrics he writes just fascinate me. He is just a complete legend. :happy:

I agree with everything what you said...When I started to listen Green Day...I was like "heh,great songs"...then I became interested about members...I knew some facts as "Billie's cat died in washing machine" or " Two girls beat Billie in second grade,because he didn't want to have a date with them" or "Billie joe doesn't like Eminem" but it was so...uum noncommittal.I'm ashamed of myself,cause I have to say,that only the first concert really opened my eyes (finally)...I admire Billie for his positive energy,for his performance on the stage, I admire him because he gives in concerts more than 100% of the energy...I admire him,because he really care about his fans,he isn't arrogant or unpleasant...he stopped concert before Time of your life,because one of 15 000 fans fainted...It shows his character... I love his charakter...

I admire him,because he isn't such "star",who goes from one party to another and changes women as much as can ...I admire him,because he is with Addie so long,and we still can see a lot of love in interviews,videos,photos,songs etc....all of these is full of love... Billie and Addie are the best couple ever..<3 I admire Billie,cause he seems to be a perfect parent..he looks so proud of his sons and I believe,that his family is most important part of his life...he always looks so happy in photo or video with his family...

I admire him for his behaviour in interviews...he always seems so unassuming,honesty...and funny.. :) He always looks wonderful...I love his look..he can has got a fair hair or black hair and always looks amazing...I love his style of dress... ( he inspired me a bit :happy: )

I admire his,cause he's hardworking... I mean, AI musical, concert tours,other projects...environment etc...and mainly..I admire him because his voice,guitar playing and songs writing...I admire him,because he writes perfect lyrics,perfect melodies..etc...his music give sense to my life.. Billie Joe is my hero and always will be...<3

(Btw: I'm so sorry for my crappy English... )

I admire him because of his dedication to the band the fans and his family, he always gives 110%, he is also an incredibly talented musician who has taught everyone so much through his lyrics and they have made me the person who I am today.

Another thing that amazes me if no matter how big or succsessful Green Day have become he always seems to be fully down to earth without any sense or arogance about him.

Overall I just think he's an incredible role model and a ridiculusly talented musician.

I do not only admire Billie Joe, but Tre and Mike as well. they are all so dedicated to the band and super sweet to fans.

they have taught me above all else to always be myself and to be proud of myself no matter what.

His dedication. To his wife and children and also to his band.

Archived