What's your favorite Green Day Music Video?

21st century idiot

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Longview because of when Billie gets angry and stabbs the sofa and all the feathers fall like snow at the end. 21st Century Breakdown come a close 2nd 'couse the first time I saw it, I drooled.

I've changed my answer to Waiting. The people dancing make me laugh so hard.

And of course, Billie's face at the end.

I didn't feel like searching the whole thing, but am I the only one who's favorite is Longview?! xD

Come on guys! Pimples, monkeys, ripped couches, dreads, buttered pans, and piercings! HOW MUCH MORE ATTRACTIVE COULD IT GET?! :dance:

My fave video is Walking Contradiction just because it's old and it's funny as hell. I mean come on, can you really be oblivious to all the accidents around you? :P but it's also 'cause it's one of ym two fave songs :)

I also like Hitchin' a Ride. because I love the song, and the video is EPIC. but Holiday is also epic :) *lovedtheglassesbillieiswearingandheishotthoughhecouldbemyfatherbecauseofhisageandtreandmikegoinginsane* :P

Basket Case. I love the bright colours and the whole mental hospital setting :lol: I also love Warning.

And the story in Wake Me Up When September Ends never fails to bring tears to my eyes. The part where she's yelling at him and then he goes off. Gah, I don't know, I love things that make me really emotional and WMUWSE is the only music video that has ever managed to move me to tears every time I watch it.

i'm soooooooooooo in love with when i come around and waiting at the moment ♥

Waiting was the video I saw that got me into Green Day...

But I'd have to say, Holiday has always had a special place for me. I've always really loved that video.

WALKING CONTRADICTION, Basket Case, Longview, Brain Stew, NICE GUYS FINISH LAST, Redundant, WARNING, HOLIDAY, Boulevard, 21ST CENTURY BREAKDOWN, 21 Guns.

Edit: And Waiting, just because of Billie's face at the end.

:D

One video that really didn't do it for me was Wake Me Up When September Ends. I just didn't like the whole story thing, for some reason. =/

One video that really didn't do it for me was Wake Me Up When September Ends. I just didn't like the whole story thing, for some reason. =/

Agree. I would have liked it alot better if all the talking parts were cut, and they just did the storyline without that.

Because that whole "How could you do this to me? How could you do this?! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!" thing actually really grated on my nerves.

Agree. I would have liked it alot better if all the talking parts were cut, and they just did the storyline without that.

Because that whole "How could you do this to me? How could you do this?! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!" thing actually really grated on my nerves.

That video actually almost made me cry. :mellow:

I've only seen it once. (haha im a horrible fan)

Yeah, that part was way too dramatic.

And even the start, when they're in the field. It annoyed the hell out of me.

And I didn't like it that the storyline was so random. I don't think it followed the story of the album like the JoS video did.

I suppose it did work with the song, though...

I didn't think the story was too random. The story definitely worked- and I think if it had been done about losing a father, that would have been pretty hard on Billie. So I'm glad that it was what it was. But the talking parts- they took away from the song. They made it hard to enjoy the video. It would have been great without that.

Because, the whole... going off to war thing, well... when American Idiot came out, that was pretty damn relevant. It fit with the album in that aspect. And in a way, the guy that goes off to war in that video could be seen as Tunny. I've always kind of imagined Tunny being Jamie Bell's character in that video, only taken over by Stark Sands instead. So I like that it flows with the musical.

As far as JOS goes, I can't decide if I like the video or hate it. As far as a work of art goes? Definitely. But it's one of those things where, again, I'd like it better without all the talking. I prefer the version with the captions, instead of the talking.

I didn't think the story was too random. The story definitely worked- and I think if it had been done about losing a father, that would have been pretty hard on Billie. So I'm glad that it was what it was. But the talking parts- they took away from the song. They made it hard to enjoy the video. It would have been great without that.

Because, the whole... going off to war thing, well... when American Idiot came out, that was pretty damn relevant. It fit with the album in that aspect. And in a way, the guy that goes off to war in that video could be seen as Tunny. I've always kind of imagined Tunny being Jamie Bell's character in that video, only taken over by Stark Sands instead. So I like that it flows with the musical.

As far as JOS goes, I can't decide if I like the video or hate it. As far as a work of art goes? Definitely. But it's one of those things where, again, I'd like it better without all the talking. I prefer the version with the captions, instead of the talking.

Yeah, that's true too.

The talking parts, I'm pretty sure we all could have done without.

The story line was and still is very relevant and a lot of people can relate to it, with relatives serving in the army and stuff. So I guess you're right - it did fit with the album in one aspect. I guess I was thinking about just the JOS-Jimmy-Whatsername thing. I haven't actually seen the musical, so I'm not sure about all the other characters and the plot in it, but you're right.

The JoS video isn't one of my favourites, but I don't dislike it either. I think it portrayed the song very well. The Tales From Another Broken Home part ... it's very.... I don't know how to describe it. Emotional?

I don't mind the talking so much in this one. Maybe because it actually adds to the video, a bit? I don't know.

From the newer ones either Holiday or American Idiot... Probably Holiday though as I love all the different characters in it.

Sorry but all the old videos are just too funny :P but I do like When I come around :wub:

i would say Nice Guys Finish Last.. i mean, i looove the way Green Day acting in this video..!

Either Stuck With Me or Walking Contradiction ♥ [:

i would say Nice Guys Finish Last.. i mean, i looove the way Green Day acting in this video..!

I love the last bit when everything gets destroyed.

"BECAUSE THERE'S NO 'I' IN 'BAND!'

:lol:

I love the last bit when everything gets destroyed.

"BECAUSE THERE'S NO 'I' IN 'BAND!'

:lol:

haha.. yeah, i know !

Archived