Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I thought "there's no return from 86" said "There's no return from innocence".

I still wish it did...

i thought this-- the shining's over and out,
over and out...

from X-Kid

was

the shadows over now, over now

In Worry Rock, I can barely understand what Billie is singing anyway, but the best misheard lyric for me in this one is probably "Promise me no dentistries". I was really confused about why he would say that and how in the world it makes any sense at all. Then I looked it up and it turned out to be "dead end streets".

• Like 1

i thought this-- the shining's over and out,

over and out...

from X-Kid

was

the shadows over now, over now

Actually, the correct lyrics are "the shouting's over and out".

Baby Eyes...

"I'm the bullet in your magazine"

I thought he said...

"I am the boy in your magazine".

Which made sense to me because WAS the boy in all the teenybopper magazines I bought back in 2005/2006... lol

• Like 1

Those are the lyrics...aren't they?

calling all demons

this is the season

next stop is therapy

Those are correct

calling all demons

this is the season

next stop is therapy

Those are correct

Well, it's practically the same thing. They just switched the s from demons to season. I dunno :P

I thought "I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, I jumped on the grenade" in Wild One was "I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, I jumped on the granite" :lol:

oh my god your signature.... what is air XD

• Like 1

Brutal love

drop dead hideous

I thought it was

Drop dead idiots

I thought that too... :ninja:

Until today I thought that when they sing "She gave up on Jesus for living on venus" in Wild One,

they were singing "She gave up on Jesus for living on peanuts"

Ahahahah omg that just made me laugh! :lol:

That's awesome, I love that "peanuts" detail! :P

In missing you, I keep hearing "it gets so hard when I'm missing you... TRE!". I'm fairly certain that's not the case, but my mind tends to get corrupted by all the dirtyness it gets exposed to around here haha.

• Like 1

When I first heard King For A Day, I thought he sang "undress my dawn" instead of "princess by dawn" and I was like What. The. Fuck?! O.o

In Worry Rock, I can barely understand what Billie is singing anyway, but the best misheard lyric for me in this one is probably "Promise me no dentistries". I was really confused about why he would say that and how in the world it makes any sense at all. Then I looked it up and it turned out to be "dead end streets".

That's exactly what I used to hear! :lol:

When I first heard Jesus of Suburbia, I was really convinced there was a section about cats. Something along the lines of, "I have a cat, if you don't. I have a cat, if you don't. I have a cat, if you don't cat. I like cats." And I'm pretty sure I still don't sing any of the correct lyrics for American Idiot, haha.
lolololololololololololololololololololololololol. I love that.

The Grouch: Wasted youth and it fits full of idols and I ain't young enough to miss that point of view...

Good Riddance: So hang it on a shelf of good and fingered times

21st CB: Oh dream, a Mary could dream (same with scream)

JOS: I'm the SUN of rage and love....

WTP: Another orkan slaps and left dead on my own

Homecoming: Here they come mashing down the street, like a desperation "mormor" (in Norwegian that means 'mother's mother') of a heart beat

NGFL: I'm so fucking happy I could bite (eventually die).

I also heard that chicken thing in F.O.D "release my chicken spot" or something like that...

Edited by VivaLaLittleGirl1039

Why did everyone think it said I just want some action so give me my turn? It never sounded like that to me.

I can't understand what Billie Joe says in the chorus of Bab's Uvula Who except for ... and I'm all wound up. I think it says things like I lose myself, I lose control, and little reserve.

In Strangeland, I'm not sure of the verses but I made a guess at them.

I still pride myself on knowing the lyrics to all the songs on the albums and then some.

This thread is hilarious.

Why did everyone think it said I just want some action so give me my turn? It never sounded like that to me.

I can't understand what Billie Joe says in the chorus of Bab's Uvula Who except for ... and I'm all wound up. I think it says things like I lose myself, I lose control, and little reserve.

In Strangeland, I'm not sure of the verses but I made a guess at them.

I still pride myself on knowing the lyrics to all the songs on the albums and then some.

This thread is hilarious.

Dude those are the correct lyrics.

BTW is there a place here on GDC where we are trying to decipher the choruses for Bab's Uvula Who.

Cause I'm really intrigued by the part where he says "I play the fiddle and I'm all wound up".

I also thought "the sirens of decay" i EJN was "the sirens of the gay"

And in Deadbeat Holiday i thougt the chorus was:

Deadbeat holiday, celebration lost its key

There's a fact the silence's hanging high hdjsjsjsk

Deadbeat Holiday, get on your knees and pray

There's a fact the silence's hanging high when you think your not alone.

Edited by VivaLaLittleGirl1039

"Pennies and soda, Anchors and shame" instead of "Bitters and soda, Anguish and shame" in Brutal Love.

Dude those are the correct lyrics.

BTW is there a place here on GDC where we are trying to decipher the choruses for Bab's Uvula Who.

Cause I'm really intrigued by the part where he says "I play the fiddle and I'm all wound up".

:lol::lol: :lol:

There was a time long ago that I actually knew all the words to that song, but now my brain can't even keep up with it.