Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

So I was talking to my cousin today about music and what not and it came up that my favorite song was Good Riddance. She went on to say "Oh yeah! That's the turnip song, right? You know, 'Another turnip boy, a fork stuck in the road'?" :mellow:

I need to get out of this thread, haha.

Oops... Quoted the wrong lyric...

Way too many of these to list, as BJ says things kindda funny sometimes...

Nice guys Finish Last:

I always thought is said "press your pick up in my brain and tell me I'm insane" instead of "pressure cooker pick my brain"

Also:

"nice guys finish last, when you are an outcast" instead of "you're running out of gas"

So I was talking to my cousin today about music and what not and it came up that my favorite song was Good Riddance. She went on to say "Oh yeah! That's the turnip song, right? You know, 'Another turnip boy, a fork stuck in the road'?" :mellow:

I need to get out of this thread, haha.

Baaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaa. Turnip! Can't. Get. Enough. Of. This. Thread. Turnip! Baaaaahahahahaa

Another in scattered - Open the bastard present!!

GENIUS.

The end of Jaded always sounds like 'Underwear, UNDERRRRRRRERERWEAR da na na NA' to me.

GENIUS.

The end of Jaded always sounds like 'Underwear, UNDERRRRRRRERERWEAR da na na NA' to me.

it makes sense, with the, y'know "somebody take my pants i think they're falling off" :lol:

... i can't remember what song is it, I think it was on F.O.D. that I hear "where's my chicken spot"... but I just checked the lyrics, and there's nothing that may sound like that xDDDDD

(Pulls out AI CD booklet.....) "Jimmy says it's better than here."

Unofficial lyrics sites which have it as "air" instead of "here" are <BZZZZZT!!!> wrong.

Yeah always thought it was "air," which I actually like better. I just thought they changed it to "here" in the musical because it fit better with their plot line.

I actually only realized that it's "here" in the real song a few days ago when I was playing Rock Band. The lyrics came up and the screen and I stared at them in disbelief xD

Yeah always thought it was "air," which I actually like better. I just thought they changed it to "here" in the musical because it fit better with their plot line.

I actually only realized that it's "here" in the real song a few days ago when I was playing Rock Band. The lyrics came up and the screen and I stared at them in disbelief xD

Fuck it, I'm taking us all out. :)

crazy_harry.jpg

Listening to the Acapellas I've learnt some things.

In Letterbomb he says "Well don't look back" or something and I've always interpreted it as "cause now I'm back"

same song: for me "made me the Idiot America" sounded like "made in the idiot America"

In American Idiot for me "calling out to Idiot America" became "going out to Idiot America"

Also in EJN I hear a "p", not an "f" in the end, so "pyre" might be correct.

When I was younger and my English skills were lacking a bit I thought he said in Good Riddance "so take the watered grass" instead of "photographs"

In Static Age I thought "music to my nervous system" was "losing to my ......"

In Blood, Sex and Booze" I always thought "Say I'm disturbed" was "sitting on the stove/stone" :D

There are many many more, but it would take ages to tell them all here :D

EDIT:

small changes due to misinterpretation of one sentence (the two following posts)

In Letterbomb he says "Well don't look back" or something and I've always interpreted it as "cause now I'm back"

same song: for me "made me the Idiot America" was "made in the idiot America"

In American Idiot for me "calling out to Idiot America" became "going out to Idiot America"

Also in EJN I hear a "p", not an "f" in the end, so "pyre" might be correct.

When I was younger and my English skills were lacking a bit I thought he said in Good Riddance "so take the watered grass" instead of "photographs"

In Static Age I thought "music to my nervous system" was "losing to my ......"

In Blood, Sex and Booze" I always thought "Say I'm disturbed" was "sitting on the stove/stone" :D

There are many many more, but it would take ages to tell them all here :D

on the AI's songs: THAT'S WHAT HE SAYS?!! I would have sworn that he says "made me the idiot"

and lol at the "watered grass" xDDDD

In Letterbomb ...

for me "made me the Idiot America" was "made in the idiot America"

on the AI's songs: THAT'S WHAT HE SAYS?!! I would have sworn that he says "made me the idiot"

I'm starting to dislike RockBand purely because they keep feeding fans incorrect lyrics! :pinch: It's most definitely 'Made me the idiot America', not 'made in the'.

idiotamerica.jpg

Damn RockBand and their inability to look up the correct lyrics before releasing them to millions of gamers all over the world ... :sleep:

I'm starting to dislike RockBand purely because they keep feeding fans incorrect lyrics! :pinch: It's most definitely 'Made me the idiot America', not 'made in the'.

[]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6123/idiotamerica.jpg[]

Damn RockBand and their inability to look up the correct lyrics before releasing them to millions of gamers all over the world ... :sleep:

I think Nzap was saying that "Made me the Idiot America" originally sounded like Billie was saying "Made in the Idiot America." That's the way I read it, anyway :).

I think Nzap was saying that "Made me the Idiot America" originally sounded like Billie was saying "Made in the Idiot America." That's the way I read it, anyway :).

That's exactly what I meant.

I read it myself afterwards and it can be misinterpreted so I am sorry for that.

That's exactly what I meant.

I read it myself afterwards and it can be misinterpreted so I am sorry for that.

oh, alright then! it all makes sense now! :woot:

In Minority where he sings; "For crying out loud,she screamed unto me", I thought he sang "screamed under me". A bit perverted.

I completely thought that for a while. Completely. I still sing it that way, though, lol.

My little brother thought in BOBD Biilie Joe said, " I wore cologne I wore cologne" instead of "I walk alone, I walk alone"

Fission Mailed.

I swear I saw someone in a picture from Europe recently with that on a t-shirt. maybe one of the aussies, aska? hmm...

I swear I saw someone in a picture from Europe recently with that on a t-shirt. maybe one of the aussies, aska? hmm...

Yeah, it was Aska.

When I Come Around:

"Some dork knocked at my door" instead of "So don't knock down my door"

I just finally got to understand all of In the End on Dookie. :lol:

And Letterbomb: "the town bishop is an extortionist" i thought it was "the television is such a mess"

When I Come Around:

"Some dork knocked at my door" instead of "So don't knock down my door"

I always used to think it said "some doll knocked at my door"...

I just finally got to understand all of In the End on Dookie. :lol:

And Letterbomb: "the town bishop is an extortionist" i thought it was "the television is such a mess"

Lol!

I always thought it said the television is an extortionist.

And in Jesus of Suburbia, when it says "get my television fix." I thought he said "get my television fixed".

I was like, "wtf, you're tv's broken?"

In Homecoming, the line "'I started fucking running as soon as my feet touched the ground, we're back in the Barrio, but to you and me thats Jingle Town"

I always thought that Jingle Town was shit goes down.

like they were running from the town that they hated. it made sense to me haha until i heard the cast album and was like "what's Jingle Town?"

When I first heard Horseshoes and Handgrenades, I thought Billie said "I'm not fucking round", which made me lol because I thought of a fat Billie yelling about his weight.

Letterbomb: "They tell me you failed the crash test"

Homecoming: "This life like dream, AIM FOR ME!"