Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

In Redundant I always thought he sang the line “like a production line...” in a weird way, with an emphasis on the last syllable. I always thought he was saying “like a broken shore line” and I imagined ocean waves breaking over and over and over...

• Like 1

*When the fridge is empty*

Baby I don't have lunch
But what we have it's more than enough
Ordinary World

• Haha 1

In Basket Case

Instead of hearing this:

Am I just paranoid?
I'm just stoned!

I hear:

Am I just paranoid?
Emma Thompson!

1208_emma_thompson_0.jpg?itok=cOUy7YRt

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In "Lights Out", I always thought it was "Lights out, I lost myself in the space between everything else" instead of "in the space between heaven and hell". Kind of like my version because it's so much more philosophical :lol:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard ‘jason the ghost’ in Chasing A Ghost so that’s made the whole song sound like a story about a friendly ghost called Jason 

• Haha 2

On 4/15/2018 at 10:29 AM, emmericanidiot said:

Just heard ‘jason the ghost’ in Chasing A Ghost so that’s made the whole song sound like a story about a friendly ghost called Jason 

I was waitIng for some new mis-hears from the new music.

Hysterical as always.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:33 PM, duckez said:

For a while I thought it was "I'm loading a scene with methamphetamine" in geek stink breath

Would fit the song. Wish in one hand, shit in the other.

• Like 1

There's no return from any sex....don't even try. Exit out the back, and never show your head around again. Purchase your ticket, and quickly take the last tranny out of town...

I just made that up. Like any self respecting fan I obviously listened to the music for the first time after I had properly unfolded the album liner so I could read along to the lyrics. Dork all the way.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

I just made that up. Like any self respecting fan I obviously listened to the music for the first time after I had properly unfolded the album liner so I could read along to the lyrics. Dork all the way.

That was fucking rich. I want to kiss you on the lips right now and I’m straight as fuck.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

That was fucking rich. I want to kiss you on the lips right now and I’m straight as fuck.

God willing, if we do ever eventually cross paths and have a beer before or after a show I'll gladly compromise with a firm yet possibly awkward long-hug. But yes, I usually feel the same way after reading your posts as they're consistently the best on here.

Seriously though, I actually remember the day of the Insomniac release and unfolding the liner and reading the lyrics word for word as the album played- I did this for all the major releases up until AI, and then digital took over. But I've tried to follow the same practice when possible since (mailed cd's for Trilogy, for example), as there was just something so incredibly enjoyable about it. I guess it's kind of like reading the comics in the newspaper- maybe it's something that's obsolete or from a foregone era at the point- but man, what an enjoyable way to meet an album.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

57 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

God willing, if we do ever eventually cross paths and have a beer before or after a show I'll gladly compromise with a firm yet possibly awkward long-hug. But yes, I usually feel the same way after reading your posts as they're consistently the best on here.

Seriously though, I actually remember the day of the Insomniac release and unfolding the liner and reading the lyrics word for word as the album played- I did this for all the major releases up until AI, and then digital took over. But I've tried to follow the same practice when possible since (mailed cd's for Trilogy, for example), as there was just something so incredibly enjoyable about it. I guess it's kind of like reading the comics in the newspaper- maybe it's something that's obsolete or from a foregone era at the point- but man, what an enjoyable way to meet an album.

For sure.

I usually don’t like to read lyrics until I know I what’s up with the album and how I break it down but with Billie, his lyrics are so unmistakably and sort of under the covers, very poetic and sometimes have 3-4 meanings, and I mean on purpose.

Its beautiful and I love breaking down the lyrics to songs and coming up with tha multiple interpretations which I think I’ll finally do for a Longshot song now.

One word I’ve always said can change a whole album with Billie and GD and no album or two songs ever showed that more than SN and FN with dull and full as I was once famously fooled on FN thinking he said “dull” again instead of “full” and changed the whole album for me.  That was fucking awesome and I wouldn’t change it.

Love ya broski!

• Like 4

Up until a few minutes ago I thought it was "I've got the diesel baby" in Chasing a Ghost (apparently it's actually "I've got the tears oh baby"). Can also reveal that at least two (2) other mod team members thought this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I first heard Love is for Losers, I thought it was "aching love is for losers now" lol I'm dumb

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In Chasing A Ghost

I'm feeling like a moron
Bitter and withdrawn

>

I'm feeling like a moron
In the middle of Detroit

Can't unhear it. haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 22/04/2018 at 4:22 AM, Hermione said:

Up until a few minutes ago I thought it was "I've got the diesel baby" in Chasing a Ghost (apparently it's actually "I've got the tears oh baby"). Can also reveal that at least two (2) other mod team members thought this.

Well Diesel is his name:wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was a nod to Christmas the first time... I've got the tinsel baby :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SHART said:

Well Diesel is his name:wub:

This is why I can't believe it isn't that :lol:. His name is diesel AND it sounds like he says diesel in a song, this is too much of a coincidence

• Like 2

"She's got a diary of madness" in Bodybag as "She's got a diarrhea madness" because the original rip of bodybag before the longshot version wasnt that great :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I assume "marihuana is my story line" isn't what he's actually singing in Cult Hero, is he? :lol:

Oh god I can't unhear that - it works:wub:

1 minute ago, Jirachi said:

"She's got a diary of madness" in Bodybag as "She's got a diarrhea madness" because the original rip of bodybag before the longshot version wasnt that great :P

SHART likes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jirachi said:

I totally thought it was diarrhea madness. I never even questioned it. I also never put any thought into what that would mean.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Montclare said:

I totally thought it was diarrhea madness. I never even questioned it. I also never put any thought into what that would mean.

Diarrhea madness could mean excessive use of bathroom humor. He sure has it

• Haha 2