Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

7 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I SPENT RESEARCHING WHAT "AMANNEQUIN" WAS?????

I just got it and I'm SCREAMING :lol:

I'm screaming in response to this omfg :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I'm screaming in response to this omfg :lol: 

I can't stop laughing now lmao 

At least I'm starting the new year smarter :P

• Like 1

I thought in Life Before The Lobotomy, he was singing "Christian's lesson's what eat's the soul". Had the old 21stCB booklet out, what he's been sold. I see.

Somewhere now- I have always heard "I shot the light so I can bolt at the speed of life." And I literally just found out it's "I shop online".....

• Like 1

The 1st time I heard ''I'm like a drone way up in the sky'' I thought he was singing ''I'm like a drum way up in the sky''. I can't un-hear it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jenn. said:

I don't know if I mentioned this (i literally forget everything i post plz forgive me) but in Brutal Love when he sings "bad sex" I keep hearing "butt sex" :tired: 

I'm actually laughing oh god :lol:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Platypus357 said:

Somewhere now- I have always heard "I shot the light so I can bolt at the speed of life." And I literally just found out it's "I shop online".....

Literally thought the same thing, and am kinda disappointed:lol: Like the other better.

• Like 1

On 2017-01-08 at 10:33 AM, Whatsername_123 said:

The 1st time I heard ''I'm like a drone way up in the sky'' I thought he was singing ''I'm like a drum way up in the sky''. I can't un-hear it.

I  thought the same until I read this.....

• 5 weeks later...

I hear many lyrics wrong I'm sure, but first few times I heard Billie singing 86 I heard:"theres no return from any sex"... and thought ok...that is interesting^^

Edited by Ruskaeth
  • Like 2

I've never really read the lyrics from Armatage Shanks, and to this day I've always thought the line was "Brain dead, maladjusted". I'm kind of disappointed tbh haha

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In American Eulogy I've always thought it's "the death is misleading the choir" instead of "the deaf-mute is misleading the choir"

I can understand hearing deaf as death, but there's another word there that I never heard until recently lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shahd said:

In American Eulogy I've always thought it's "the death is misleading the choir" instead of "the deaf-mute is misleading the choir"

I can understand hearing deaf as death, but there's another word there that I never heard until recently lol

I thought the same!
I like to sing along to American Eulogy when I listen to it (at least in my head), but I'm sure I sing a lot of nonsense in this one :lol: I should read the lyrics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marki. said:

I thought the same!
I like to sing along to American Eulogy when I listen to it (at least in my head), but I'm sure I sing a lot of nonsense in this one :lol: I should read the lyrics.

Same here! I got used to singing nonsense, and never thought of reading the lyrics until recently, then I realized I missed out on a lot and the lyrics are actually great!

I should never trust my nonsense lyrics :lol:

• Like 2

In Nice Guys Finish Last, I thought it was "you feel washed up like disco down the drain", which I thought was awesome, comparing feeling washed up to a no longer popular music genre.  I was disappointed when I finally figured it out.

• Like 2

What? I hear both of those things mentioned in Somwhere Now. I've been singing it wrong for how many months now? Since it came out. LOL :blush:

• Like 1

On 09/02/2017 at 6:32 PM, mrduckygoosy said:

I've never really read the lyrics from Armatage Shanks, and to this day I've always thought the line was "Brain dead, maladjusted". I'm kind of disappointed tbh haha

That...makes a lot more sense than 'branded' :tired: 

21 hours ago, Shahd said:

Haha, i think it's because he sings 'the deaf-mute's misleading the choir' :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

That...makes a lot more sense than 'branded' :tired: 

Haha, i think it's because he sings 'the deaf-mute's misleading the choir' :D

I guess :lol:

Btw, I wanted to tell you how now I hear "butt sex" in Brutal Love because of you, I hope you're proud :P 

• Like 1

Just now, Shahd said:

I guess :lol:

Btw, I wanted to tell you how now I hear "butt sex" in Brutal Love because of you, I hope you're proud :P 

:lol: Welcome to my world! Once you hear it... :cool: 

• Like 1

At my Green Day show I met a girl who said when she listens to Youngblood she hears "young blonde" (and is happy with that because she is a young blonde). All I could think of when they played it :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Just cause because we're outlaws YEAH!!! is like the most badass lyric ever though

For ages I mishead that "yeah" as "now".

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

Just cause because we're outlaws YEAH!!! is like the most badass lyric ever though

sure is but after all we are all the same:cry: