Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Revolution Radio: "Sing, with your hands up in the sky" or is it "Scream, with your hands up in the sky"?
To me it's sounds more like "Sing" but the lyrics says otherwise :o 

• Like 1

For years I heard "the world stoned me so fuuck youu!!" in the Grouch. Revolution Radio the first line is Scream, second one is "sing".

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2016 at 6:44 AM, pucky said:

The booklet has to be wrong, at least with a part of Forever Now.

According to the lyrics, the song goes "Don't want to think about tomorrow, Don't want to think about it, ooooooh" but I swear to God that I hear a word there, I swear it is "Don't want to think about the XXXXX". I have no idea what word is that, but I have no doubt that Billie doesn't say just "it oooooooh", or else I will have to visit a doctor to check my hearing.

Dang, I always get that one wrong.  All this time I've been thinking he says "Don't want to think about the road".      Dang it!

• Like 1

In Shoplifter, where it goes "But you'll be caught stealing", I always thought he sang something among the lines of "But Jimmy's caught stealing", as a reference to St Jimmy or something. :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Dang, I always get that one wrong.  All this time I've been thinking he says "Don't want to think about the road".      Dang it!

I think it's "Don't want to think about the old". So he's basically saying he doesn't want to think about the future or the past

• Like 1

Oh Love is one that I heard wrong when we started hearing crummy leaks of it.    I heard "this amazing night" instead of "waste away tonight".    Like in most cases, I think my lyric is better.   I was so pissed when I saw the official lyrics.   Maybe some of the earliest recordings were what I heard, maybe not.   Don't know.  

Also, here's one I feel guilty about.   "Scattered" is one of my all time favorite songs, but I can't understand any of the second verse:

Loose ends tied in knots leaving a lump down in my throat
Gagging on a souvenir
Lodged to fill another year
Drag it on and on until my skin is ripped to shreds
Leaving my self wide open
Living out a sacrifice

but back to RevRad:

"I'm high on cellular waves" sounds like "On my own cellular waves".   

and it's "pillows" not "pillow" in "Somewhere Now".    What the hell does Green Day have against the letter S?    TELL ME PLEAE!

and "spirit's place to roam" is shown in infinite varieties everywhere I look.    

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Oh Love is one that I heard wrong when we started hearing crummy leaks of it.    I heard "this amazing night" instead of "waste away tonight".    Like in most cases, I think my lyric is better.   I was so pissed when I saw the official lyrics.   Maybe some of the earliest recordings were what I heard, maybe not.   Don't know.  

Also, here's one I feel guilty about.   "Scattered" is one of my all time favorite songs, but I can't understand any of the second verse:

Gagging on a souvenir
Living out a sacrifice

Why would that be a better lyric? I'm not saying "Waste away tonight" is a great lyric but at least it rhymes more with the "Far away" bit. And I don't think "this amazing night" makes any sense in that song.

• Like 2

I felt quite ashamed after checking lyrics for 21 guns and discovering it was "Looking for forgiveness from a stone" and not "from a soul". :lol:

1 minute ago, MysticManiac said:

Why would that be a better lyric? I'm not saying "Waste away tonight" is a great lyric but at least it rhymes more with the "Far away" bit. And I don't think "this amazing night" makes any sense in that song.

Far away, far away - this amazing night!  I'm wearing my heart on a sleeve!  

sing it with me!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Far away, far away - this amazing night!  I'm wearing my heart on a sleeve!  

sing it with me!  

Ok... 1, 2, 3, 4...

• Like 1

Let's hear some fresh misheard lyrics for RevRad.

I have some good ones because I don't read the lyrics until many listens has occurred.

Guys? Make me laugh. ;)

Only for the first few listen's I heard "I was a high school atom bomb. Goin' off on the weekends, smokin' dope and Belmont's (cigarettes)" and also into the middle of the road.

And instead of all we want is money and guns, for the first while I thought he said " Unholy one is waiting for us, a new catastrophe" which both of the above would have worked just as good in my mind. Or unholy war.

Here's a funny one from Misery, I always heard Virginia was a lovely slit from West Philly, and not "lot lizard" from F.L.A which I later read in the lyrics. Sorry ladies, just what I heard. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Good Riddance: I always heard "Tom grabs you by the wrist" instead of "time grabs you by the wrist". I was like "who the fuck is Tom" :D

JOS: I grew up thinking that the song was called Jesus Of Surburbia, instead of Jesus Of Suburbia. I blame this on younger me not reflecting on this in any way at all and also not speaking English.

East Jesus Nowhere: Where he sings "and the cops of a new religion" I heard "and the cops of the married Christians". I honestly don't have any explanation at all.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2016 at 3:51 PM, I don't care said:

In Shoplifter, where it goes "But you'll be caught stealing", I always thought he sang something among the lines of "But Jimmy's caught stealing", as a reference to St Jimmy or something. :D

Wait what?  I thought he was saying Jimmy too..........no?????

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:02 PM, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Gagging on a souvenir
Living out a sacrifice

Is it really "lodged to fill another year"?? I always thought it was "we could fill another year". And I literally had no idea what the first part of that first line was until I read your post. Whenever I sing along, that bit always comes out as nonsense. I just never bothered to look the lyrics up.

With RevRad, I got nothing except for Bang Bang, when I heard "I got my vol-u-vent" instead of photobomb. I still sing my interpretation because I like it better :tired: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

With RevRad, I got nothing except for Bang Bang, when I heard "I got my vol-u-vent" instead of photobomb. I still sing my interpretation because I like it better :tired: 

Haha this is a really good one! :lol:

• Like 2

Misery: 'Virginia was a lot lister from methalade"

Band Bang: "I wanna be like the folgers on the street"

X-Kid: "Bombs away, here goes nothing, the shining's over"

• Like 4

Those are funny. Heard something similar to those for BB and X-Kid too. Shining's over sounds cool.

Fashion Victim: There's a lot I heard in this song when I was younger which didn't make any sense. Always heard "when you're flashin' through your wardrobe, do they ever let you go girl?" and in Castway when I was a kid I always sang "I'm on a mission, in the desolation unknown", "an explanation, in the desolation alone (where I'm a)" used to hear all kinds of funny words and words that aren't even words in Billie's lyrics.

• Like 1