Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

On 10/11/2016 at 3:19 PM, Marki. said:

So, until now I kept thinking Billie's singing "who caaares, we destroyed suburbia" in Outlaws. Turns out it's "hooligans" instead of "who cares"... and actually "baby hooligans". Way cooler :D 

The greatest thing I've got out of that lyric booklet is "baby hooligans", wonderful :lol: 

• Like 2

First couple times I heard St. Jimmy I thought the line

"King of the forty thieves, I'm here to represent..."

was 

"Gay unreportedly, no need to represent."

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

The greatest thing I've got out of that lyric booklet is "baby hooligans", wonderful :lol: 

I agree :D I just read through all the lyrics there and found out that in Too Dumb To Die it's supposed to be "Looking for a buzz" instead of "Looking for a cause" in the first chorus :o I definitely hear "cause"...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought the chorus of RevRad was "Give me cherry bombs and gasoline, debutantes and Sertraline." Unfortunately, I prefer that to the real thing :lol: 

So do I, though to be fair the chorus of RevRad is total word salad so it's not hard to improve it :P

12 hours ago, Marki. said:

I agree :D I just read through all the lyrics there and found out that in Too Dumb To Die it's supposed to be "Looking for a buzz" instead of "Looking for a cause" in the first chorus :o I definitely hear "cause"...

Yeah I'm not believing that. Maybe the lyric booklet was written before the final versions of all the songs were done? That would explain "everybody's bouncing off the wall" (no s) too.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2016 at 3:42 AM, Spike said:

I thought the chorus of RevRad was "Give me cherry bombs and gasoline, debutantes and Sertraline." Unfortunately, I prefer that to the real thing :lol: 

Glad I wasn't the only hearing about sertraline! Thought it was a bit grim the first time I heard it

• Like 1

In Say Goodbye I always thought it was:

"Kindred spirits sing for the seconds of the ring"

I thought the "ring" was some kind of reference lol

Funny thing I noticed that lyrics in the CD booklet for Too Dumb To Die are wrong. It's listed as "Looking for a buzz, but all I got was Santa Clause" but Billie clearly says "Looking for a cause but all I got was Santa Clause". The second chorus used "cause", so I think it was a screw-up by whoever typed them up. At least it sounds like "cause" to me and my girlfriend. It's like that in both the vinyl insert and cd booklet.

• 2 weeks later...

When I'm not paying attention (which is the only time Youngblood is tolerable tbh) I hear "punch Sydney Youngblood" not "punch drunk and youngblood". Makes the song more entertaining.

On 12/10/2016 at 3:42 AM, Spike said:

So did @basketcase4933, well "debutantes on Sertraline" :lol: I thought she might be right and I was like yeah my medication is in a Green Day song! But alas they don't love me that much. It would be a better lyric.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

Nothing beats my "diarrhea madness" in Devil's Kind. :cool:

What part is that in? :D

1 hour ago, Maria Gloria said:

When I'm not paying attention (which is the only time Youngblood is tolerable tbh) I hear "punch Sydney Youngblood" not "punch drunk and youngblood". Makes the song more entertaining.

So did @basketcase4933, well "debutantes on Sertraline" :lol: I thought she might be right and I was like yeah my medication is in a Green Day song! But alas they don't love me that much. It would be a better lyric.

Sometimes when I'm not really listening I'm sure I hear Sydney Youngblood too and I still think it sounds like "debutantes and sertraline"!

In Revolution Radio, instead of 'legalise the truth', I hear 'we call lies the truth'. I thought it was a commentary of newspaper headlines not being entirely truthful!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, proud_ginge said:

In Revolution Radio, instead of 'legalise the truth', I hear 'we call lies the truth'. I thought it was a commentary of newspaper headlines not being entirely truthful!

I thought the same exact thing, until I saw the lyric video!

1 hour ago, proud_ginge said:

That would be a better line too, albeit marginally, it's not exactly a good line but it's better than the kind of phrase peddled by conspiracy theorists.

3 hours ago, proud_ginge said:

I thought that was the line too. I sing it that way all the time. I will probably still sing it that way because I like how it sounds.

Wow I've just realised it wasn't "Down with the moron majority" but "Down with the moral majority" in Minority.

• Like 3

In say goodbye I thought it said "kindred spirits sing, for the second suffering". I thought it was to do with trump getting into the White House (don't think it will happen) but like green day commentating on what it  would be like

In Say Goodbye, I always hear "Kendrick's spirit sings, for the sick and suffering." Even now when I KNOW it is 'kindred,' I honestly can never hear it said that way. It always sounds like Kendrick

14 hours ago, ZSebs said:

In Say Goodbye, I always hear "Kendrick's spirit sings, for the sick and suffering." Even now when I KNOW it is 'kindred,' I honestly can never hear it said that way. It always sounds like Kendrick

Going to be thinking of this guy every time I listen to that song now

tumblr_static_cawkonsfqwowggcog0w8sogso.

Appropriate as he has some excellent songs on the same subject

• Like 3

Back when Uno came out, I showed one of my friends the entire album. We got to sweet 16 and she looked at me with confusion and a little concern. When I asked her what was wrong, she said to me 'did he just say "sweet sex thing?" and now I can't (or don't want to) hear it any other way because of how much it made me laugh 

• Like 3