Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

17 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Maybe mentioned it before, but i coulda swore that "Legalize the truth" in Revolution Radio was "We call lies the truth" and idk which i prefer xP

I believe that's what we all thought when RevRad leaked and before we had the lyrics

• 2 weeks later...

In Blood, Sex, and Booze, I could have swore he was saying "Sitting on the stove, it's what I deserve" - instead of "Sitting undisturbed..."

It's actually quite fitting to the song, too..Ā šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Misfit xo said:

In Blood, Sex, and Booze, I could have swore he was saying "Sitting on the stove, it's what I deserve" - instead of "Sitting undisturbed..."

It's actually quite fitting to the song, too..Ā šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I think itā€™s ā€œSay Iā€™m disturbed, itā€™s what I deserveā€

• Like 1

On ā€Ž1ā€Ž/ā€Ž18ā€Ž/ā€Ž2019 at 8:32 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

I think itā€™s ā€œSay Iā€™m disturbed, itā€™s what I deserveā€

I think you're rightĀ šŸ˜‰
See? Quit mumbling Billie Joe, you're making me look bad! šŸ¤£Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

"we blink and we thought it would never end" is what I thought the first line of Haushinka was when I first heard it :lol:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

Somebody on Reddit said that they thought the first line of Burnout was "My teeth, Claire, they're not there no more" and now that's all I hear when I listen to it.:lol:

Shameless attempt to get us all back to talking about Billie's new chompers on the fangirl threadĀ šŸ˜‚

• Haha 2

Another one i may have mentioned but dont remember:

Ā 

"Wasted youth and a fist full of ideals"
as
"Wait 'til you've had a fist full of ideals"

Ā 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Many years ago on some website I read one person say they thought it was "Another turnip boy a Ford stuck in the road"

Ā 

Now it's all I hear

Ā 

You're welcome

Ā 

Edit: the turnip thing has been touched on here before.. but at least Ford is new!

Oh and when I first heard 86 I thought it was "Theres no return from havin' sex..."

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Doggins said:

Many years ago on some website I read one person say they thought it was "Another turnip boy a Ford stuck in the road"

Ā 

Now it's all I hear

Ā 

You're welcome

Ā 

Edit: the turnip thing has been touched on here before.. but at least Ford is new!

Oh and when I first heard 86 I thought it was "Theres no return from havin' sex..."

And would it make a difference if it was ā€œAnother Turnip Boyā€, I suppose thatā€™s why some bands just have a international following. šŸ˜‚ awesome. Thanks as always for reviving this thread. Ā Always makes me laugh.

9 hours ago, Jean said:

Father of all..

There's a riot living inside of us >>> Tonight we're living inside a bus

Awesome šŸ˜„Ā 
During the firstĀ listens I was pretty sure the second line was ā€œChocking up from the foam from aboveā€ šŸ˜‚Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

For aĀ while I thought it wasĀ 'you're walking with scissors and running with shears' in ĀæViva La Gloria? and was all wHaT a StUpId LyRiC.Ā I listen to that songĀ a lot and to this day I still always accidentally sing it with that dumb fucking lyric lol.

The first time I listened to Trubled Times I heard "The world stops turning, ferret eyes burning" instead of "paradise burning", and I was like wtf that can't be the lyric. I still hear it though when listening to that song.

ā€œDragging/Grabbing my pizza hit the streets at night.ā€

ā€Well I heard it all before, sell donuts at my door.ā€

Maybe Iā€™m just hungry lmao.

10 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

ā€Well I heard it all before, sell donuts at my door.ā€

Yes! So I'm not the only one hearing "donuts at my door!" Though for me it was just "and donuts at my door."

• Like 1

I have trouble understanding any words in "Fire Ready Aim" at all because the voice is so drowned, but in the chorus I keep hearing "radiate, fire fire, radiate".