Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

In 'She', I thought it was "Scream at me, until my ears bleed. Your taking heels, just the two" haha I know it doesn't make sense :P

There are SO MANY times Ive misheard lyrics but my memory sucks ! :pinch:

For the longest time I thought the opening lyrics to Having A Blast were "Chicken, are you down with me" :whistle

EDIT: Oh, and in No Pride I heard "I am just a monk and nowhere is my home"

HAHAHAHA. Oh my god please (con't on next line)

When I was much younger, in Jinx, instead of "Torture me I've been a bad boy", I thought it said "Tell Jimmy I've been a bad boy" which seemed to make sense because, at the time, I thought Saint Jimmy was a real person xD.

dont let this thread ever end. It's fucking hysterical. I am literally laughing till my sides hurt. There is some funnier shit that I could have possibly imagined. Good shit. HAHAHAHA

In 'She', I thought it was "Scream at me, until my ears bleed. Your taking heels, just the two" haha I know it doesn't make sense :P

There are SO MANY times Ive misheard lyrics but my memory sucks ! :pinch:

"You're taking heels, just the two" HAHAHA. Holy fuck this is just the gift that keeps giving. Did you wonder what it means????? I love this. This is seriously funny shit going on here.

I used to think that in Boulevard Of Broken Deams the lyric "my shallow hearts the only thing that's beating" was "my shadows hearts the only thing that's beating"

In Scattered "jump right fast and improvise"

Burnout "i'll live inside this rental cave, with my hand lotion it's my fave" I don't know why I ever thought it was that. Never made sense. :P

There's alot more but having a total mindblank at the moment !

• Like 1

"You're taking heels, just the two" HAHAHA. Holy fuck this is just the gift that keeps giving. Did you wonder what it means????? I love this. This is seriously funny shit going on here.

I used to always wonder what it meant.

Like maybe hes telling her to take just 2 pairs of heels ? LMAO !!!!

Burnout "i'll live inside this rental cave, with my hand lotion it's my fave" I don't know why I ever thought it was that. Never made sense. :P

This has got to be a joke. This is so funny that I almost died. Now admitatedly, I am very stoned (legal, in cali so suggit), but this shit has all had me laughing HARD for a long time. WITH MY HAND LOTION, ITS MY FAVE. That's better than a writer can do. Billie's lyrics are very camaflauged, but I never really knew how much. I disect songs, analyze them so I get very married to the words in the song and when I realize it was different it's hard for me to accept. Of course I'm talking about the more sophisticated songs. There were some, even pre-Dookie but songs that have real hard meaning you tend to analyze the lyrics from a more poetic way.

LIke Mari and I were thinking that the song was "At the center of the earth is the underworld" and not "the end of the world". Now I have no idea what that whole part means. To me, before, it was about him writing the holy scriptures on a wall in a shopping mall bathroom, that didn't say much but it confirmed that the center of the world was the underwold. It made sense, he was representing the underworld and he was almost re-writing the bible and it confessed that heaven is really below us and the underworld is what runs it, Billie being a part of that underwolrd. So now that, what was his meaning behind the end of the world being at the center of the earth. And why did he write it? (SEE EDIT) That part of JOS makes no sense to me now,

Anyway, I went from laughing hard to writing a dissertation about poetry that is Billie Joe. Man, he can write some lyrics. As far as lyrics go, not poetry, and not music, I would say there is none better than he. His only, currently living, poet equal is Leonard Cohen.

EDIT: Well he didnt write it. He READ not WROTE like I thought up until about just 3 mins ago, "I READ the graffiti", lol, I ALWAYS thought he "Wrote". Man, I had that part all wrong.

"While the mom and brats are away" - Jesus of Suburbia

For five years now I thought it was BRAD'S...like they were talking about his mom's boyfriend, and I always wondered about the "are" because the sentence didn't make sense. I don't know WHY it took me so long to figure it out!

I have always thought that until, well right now haha. I thought it was a bit weird when i first heard it, but eventually I accepted and just thought there must be a type of person called a 'brad'.

In scattered I always thought it said

"All the songs of Billy Ray's" instead of "All the songs have been erased"

Then that made me think of Billy Ray Cyrus and 'Achy Breaky Heart' and the mullet, oh the hideous mullet :sick:

And in holiday I thought it said "Just cause, Just cause we're not okayyyy!"

When I was much younger, in Jinx, instead of "Torture me I've been a bad boy", I thought it said "Tell Jimmy I've been a bad boy" which seemed to make sense because, at the time, I thought Saint Jimmy was a real person xD.

It's not tell Jimmy?!?!.....oops :blink:

And in holiday I thought it said "Just cause, Just cause we're not okayyyy!"

LMAO !

It's not tell Jimmy?!?!.....oops :blink:

Just to add another version of that line, I thought it was "Talk to me I've been a bad boy" haha, i always thought- err thats not a real big punishment

This has got to be a joke. This is so funny that I almost died.

oh believe me, I would love to tell you it's a joke. But nope. The first couple of times I heard that song I could have sworn that is what I heard him say. I'm just good like that. :D

God heaps are coming back to me now

In dry ice i heard and still continue to hear "Got needles of pain that's in my heartttt" instead of "Come ease the pain that's in my hearttt"

Also, from the other misheard lyrics thread: in Suffocate, I thought it said "Nigga stop I'm getting off."

: )

In Paper lanterns, I always thought Billie said: "Now I rest my head from such an endless jury time." And I still say it like that, even though I know it's "dreary time." :lol:

Same here.

I don't know whether this counts but I can never seem to sing the lyrics to the chorus of Geek Stink Breath properly because of methamphetamine and that takes me forever to say, leaving out some other words.

I always thought in East Jesus Nowhere it was "like a dog that's beside a mine field" =/

don't know why though lol

I always thought the lyrics were: 'Like a dogs thats beside of my head'

Until I saw the lyrics.

:pinch:

Homecoming: ,'I started fucking running as soon as my feet touched the ground, we're back in the Barrio, but to you and me thats Jingle Town.' I heard ' I start a fucking riot as soon as my feet touch ground, we're back in the poverty hole, but to you and me thats Jingle Town.'

Redundant: 'Choreographed and lack of passion', I heard, 'Gloria grabbed a lack of passion'.

Android: ,' It keeps my head spinning around,' thought it was,' It keeps my husband in the ground.' :blink:

16: 'But now these pressures have dropped on my head', always thought it was,' But as a toddler I was dropped on my head.' :lol:

Homecoming: ,'I started fucking running as soon as my feet touched the ground, we're back in the Barrio, but to you and me thats Jingle Town.' I heard ' I start a fucking riot as soon as my feet touch ground, we're back in the poverty hole, but to you and me thats Jingle Town.'

Redundant: 'Choreographed and lack of passion', I heard, 'Gloria grabbed a lack of passion'.

Android: ,' It keeps my head spinning around,' thought it was,' It keeps my husband in the ground.' :blink:

16: 'But now these pressures have dropped on my head', always thought it was,' But as a toddler I was dropped on my head.' :lol:

The first time I listened to every Green Day album I was reading the lyrics at the same time, and then I always spent ages reading them over and over so they were ingrained in my head. I've never had any chance to mishear them. Reading the hilariousness in this thread, I'm sad I've missed out on it :(

I heard that too! I was trying to think if there was any relation to the recent gloria in 21st century breakdown. haha

Continuously. There are little songs I didn't get a lyric wrong at some point, sometimes it's just small and not funny whatsoever, but in almost every song I got something wrong.

I'm too lazy to post any of it (plus there's a fair amount of it already posted in the thread in General).

I sometimes get "hysteria" and "the stereo" mixed up in a few Green Day songs like American Idiot and The Static Age

When I went to see Green Day last year me and my friend were singing along to every song then just gave up when they played Jaded, it's impossible!!

The American Idiot Broadway soundtrack has cleared so many lyrics up for me, even Billie said in an interview the cast sing a lot clearer!

On the American Idiot album, a few songs, I had trouble with deciphering them.

Letterbomb: "Standing sideways to die." and "Where will all the minors go when the pilot kills himself." O_O

Homecoming: "Please call...BE only, if you are coming home." and "Bearing gifts, and DRUGS."

I know there's more...ugh. Dig memory, DIG! =/

Scattered: "Dragging on a symphony"

I think it was more I didn't hear/know the lyric, so I just mumbled or ad-libbed it whilst singing it. =p

This made me laugh so much, I don't even know why :lol:

Anyone else notice the new banner? :lol:

YES I did :lol: That's why I went here, to see if I missed some awesome discussion about 'ducks and all' :lol: :lol:

In Holiday I heard "I bet you true men get that from the hall of lies". Contradictory, I know.

In When I Come Around I heard "So go knock down my door" and "So don't do what you like; make sure you do it right".

And it's not really Green Day, but it's the Network so it counts....in Roshambo I always heard "I'm not looking for a funnyon" instead of "I'm not looking for a bargain".

And there was someone who thought Minority said "A free for all, ducks and all" instead of "fuck 'em all". I forget who it was. But I quite like that version better. :lol:

Yeah, "ducks and all" was me on the old thread :L

Loving the new banner. What hapened to the old thread by the way, i need my proof :pinch:

"While the mom and brats are away" - Jesus of Suburbia

For five years now I thought it was BRAD'S...like they were talking about his mom's boyfriend, and I always wondered about the "are" because the sentence didn't make sense. I don't know WHY it took me so long to figure it out!

It is Brad's (and Moms).

They asked Billies about it in Storyteller's (I think) and he said it was because a lot of people had step-parents, and therefore many don't call them Dad.

The first time I heard BIAB King For A Day, I had no clue as to what he was saying, t's just far too unintelligible. :lol: