Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Now, I think (hope) I've lsitened to every Green Day song above the average of the normal Green Day fan. I, as many of you do as well, listen to too much Green Day. Now you guys are so fanatical about Green Day that you probably look at all the lyrics online anyway making this thread moot but I thought it could be interesting, maybe funny.

I am sure some of them will be the same but I will start with a lyric that I actually always wondered about and eventually just forgot and sang the thing that I thought it was, just a "sound out". I'll explain.

We are the waiting "Are we we are, are we, we are, the waiting____Uhhh noooo" <--- lol. For the 9854 times I've heard that song, I've been singing it that way until I saw the rockband lyric and saw it was "Unknown". There have been a couple others I discovered via Rockband that are humorous but I figure some of them will be similar so I won't bogart.

So rockband aside, any lyric that you thought was something else. Don't be embarrassed, the goofier it was, the funnier it will be for us.

Ok thread. (I've tried one other forced member thread and it was a disaster. Let's see how this one does.)

Ready, set, sink.

There is a thread in the general section of the forum about misheard lyrics here

Anyway, I always thought Billie sings 'No one knows' at the end of No One Knows. I couldn't understand why the lyrics had 'I don't know' instead. I had to listen very carefully to hear he really says I don't know :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Sorry mods. :( I only had the best intentions. Lol. I won't start another thread, it seems everything is covered. I would rather punch myself in the balls continuously for a half hour than scour every post though but thanks again Kat.

Another failure. :(

you also could have cut down the title a bit. you could have just had Misheard Green Day Lyrics

you also could have cut down the title a bit. you could have just had Misheard Green Day Lyrics

Could I have used a better font? Lol. You guys are something else man. Shew. Almost always when I'm on this board, I'm stoned, so, ya know.

I'll merge this one with the other one, seeing as you wrote a pretty good post on the subject :)

And you didn't fail, don't worry.

• Like 1

I'm thinking we could probably leave this open and just for Green Day songs rather than everything-under-the-sun which is covered by the General thread.

• Like 2

TOO LATE :mad: I'M RUNNING THIS FUCKING SHOW.

Anyway, I've misheard a shitload of Green Day lyrics in my time. I always thought "born and raised by hypocrites" was "go on and raise my hypocrite" :lol:

Get the fuck out? Hahahaha. Ahhhh, shit I got a good laugh out of that one. :lol:

• Like 2

In Extraordinary Girl i thought it was "She admits she wants to see to any one willing to buy" instead of "She sees the mirror of herself an image she wants to sell to anyone willing to buy"

And like i said before couldnt we just change the title to Misheard Green Day Lyrics

And like i said before couldnt we just change the title to Misheard Green Day Lyrics

We could.

What's with the anal-retention?

When I first heard Holiday I was kind of going through a time of not really listening to lyrics but just singing how they sounded, thus 'this is the dawning of the rest of our lives' became 'this is the dawning of the lust of our lives.' Hey, who knew it was a song about sex?

• Like 2

I can remember so many times reading Green Day lyrics of a song and just being like ":o THAT'S what he says?"

• Like 4

I always thought in East Jesus Nowhere it was "like a dog that's beside a mine field" =/

don't know why though lol

There is loads of green day lyrics which I have misheard for example on macys day parade I used to always sign "then i realized what it took to tell the difference between things and goods" instead of "then I realized what it took to tell the difference between thieves and crooks" and on the same song I used to think it was a brand new home instead of hope

• Like 2

I don't think I properly know a single lyric from Dookie, I noticed that when listening to the a capellas. I was singing along and suddenly realising I had no idea what the line actually was.

Also, the end of the American Idiot chorus "for that's enough to argue", I always thought it was "convinving them to walk you". I think I might have read that on a lyrics site, but yeah. I don't remember what I thought that meant either...

• Like 2

In Minority where he sings; "For crying out loud,she screamed unto me", I thought he sang "screamed under me". A bit perverted.

Ha, this.

• Like 1

In Burnout, I thought it was 'I've lived inside this pencil cave' instead of 'I've lived inside this mental cave', haha.

In Jesus Of Suburbia, I thought one of the lyrics was 'So I popped the riddle and...' instead of 'Soda pop and Ritalin'. :lol: It didn't make sense to me. I was like, "So this girl had to solve a riddle in order to figure out she was being proposed to?" xD I don't even know...

In Minority, I used to hear 'She screamed under me'. I sometimes still accidentally say that.

Dookie in general... Billie slurs a lot of words in that album so I always fuck up on lyrics. Not all of them. Chump and In The End are really the worst ones for me.

Some of 1,039 and some of Kerplunk are just a lost cause for me. Same reasons that I have with Dookie.

In 'The Grouch', I thought it was 'I don't have sex 'cause I can't get enough'. Which doesn't even make sense.

• Like 1

In Extraordinary Girl i thought it was "She admits she wants to see to any one willing to buy" instead of "She sees the mirror of herself an image she wants to sell to anyone willing to buy"

Speaking of Extraordinary girl -

he lacks a courage in his mind ... like a pig left in the rain.

I'll post the other standard ones:

16: Things are easy when you're asian

When I Come Around: So don't do what you like

• Like 1