Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

@Thatsername the full lyrics are under the YouTube video.  It’s ready, aim, fire.

Yes I know, but "radiate, fire fire, radiate" is still what I hear 🤣

First time listening with poor quality headphones, I heard ‘Baby’s got the arms of an ape’ in Fire, Ready, Aim. I’m not sure I want to know what the real lyrics are now, these amuse me too much. 

• Haha 2

I was listening to Brutal Love in my car earlier today, an I was kinda zoning out, thinking about other things than the song I was listening to. And that's when I heard Billie singing "Bad luck, penis in soda" and listening to the song now I can't unhear it 😂

• Haha 1

"Kick your mom when the whistle blows"

"Feed the creeps with a stack of poo, you're a liar"

"Baby got the hype 'cause I'm gay!"

"Turn it upside, Ed!"

"Stick it in, right up my butt, you're a liar"

I'm adding photos to my travel portfolio and I had a title to paste but in between photos, I copied this post and for a while I didn't realise several photos of Palermo were called "feed the creeps with a stack of poo"

31 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

"Turn it upside, Ed!"

Glad I'm not alone in NOT hearing him say "sideways". 

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

Glad I'm not alone in NOT hearing him say "sideways". 

Yeah, with that one and the "hammer in your mouth" line I've tried to hear it but I can't. The others I can hear if I listen for them although if I'm not paying attention they're not clear either :lol: 

45 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Yeah, with that one and the "hammer in your mouth" line I've tried to hear it but I can't. The others I can hear if I listen for them although if I'm not paying attention they're not clear either :lol: 

I got "hammer in your mouth" right away. 

On my first listen to FRA, the only lyrics I got were "Aaaah" and "Ready aim fire fire ready aim" and a couple other words here and there

• Like 1

I Ok, this one isn’t funny and we are going way back to Dookie.

Was reading NME article on BJA and it discussing his lyrics and they said “when he spoke about visiting a male prostitute” (slightly paraphrased) and I went to look at the lyrics because I could not remember any lyric saying that. The listed lyrics I found:

Do you have the time to listen to me whine
About nothing and everything all at once
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned

I went to a shrink
To analyze my dreams
She says it's lack of sex that's bringing me down
I went to a whore
He said my life's a bore
So quit my whining cause it's bringing her down

So “I went to a shrink: she says”...

then “I went to a whore WHO (is always what I thought but it’s “he” said my life’s a bore”

”so quit my whining because it’s bringing her down”. Her says back to the shrink. So NME says he discusses visiting a male prostitute.

Please I don’t care one way or the other, I just find it interesting to break down a lyric from 94.

So my new theory on that lyric is he dreamed of being with a male whore; not that he went to one. Why?

I went to a shrink to analyze my dreams, I went to a whore who said my life’s a whore (the dream) she said “its lack of sex that’s bringing me down” (analyzing his dream of sleeping with a male whore). 

Has this been figured out because now I must know that part of Basket Case. Lol

Of course there is always the possibility it always saId WHO and they are both girls. Never trust his liner notesX , gonna have to go have a listen.

Edit: according to Apple Music the lyric I thought it was “who said my life’s a bore” is definitely what it says, but he DEFINITELY says “he”. Interesting.

69-A3-B03-A-B050-4-B75-8695-8-A0361-D6-C

7 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

So my new theory on that lyric is he dreamed of being with a male whore; not that he went to one. Why?

I don't know if it's a dream or not. But the thing I'm sure about it's that he said ''He said my life's a bore''

Definitely says "he"...

http://www.rockapedia.com/albums/green-day/dookie

In the second verse, "Basket Case" references soliciting a male prostitute; Armstrong noted that "I wanted to challenge myself and whoever the listener might be. It's also looking at the world and saying, 'It's not as black and white as you think. This isn't your grandfather's prostitute – or maybe it was.'"

• Haha 2

@LaughingClock

It’s definitely “he” but I’ve never thought it could be the dream he’s describing to the shrink. Makes sense though because I never understood why it went back to the “she” line right after but if he’s still with the shrink it works. Interesting idea.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

@LaughingClock

It’s definitely “he” but I’ve never thought it could be the dream he’s describing to the shrink. Makes sense though because I never understood why it went back to the “she” line right after but if he’s still with the shrink it works. Interesting idea.

Thanks. I was actually hoping you chimed in.

Yeah, the question was never was it “he” or

not, I was just pointing out that Apple Music, for a change, had it wrong. He definitely says “he” but then goes directly back into the shrink narrative but it’s not clear other than proximity, he never outrightly says “I saId this to her” so here I am 25 years later looking at a BJA lyrical phrase. Ha. Love that band.

• Like 2

When I 1st listened to Jinx I thought "I'm a curse hangin' around you" was "Bad fu*kers hangin' around you" 😂😂

• 2 months later...

This isn’t that funny, but in Words I Might Have Ate, I thought he said “The love I’ve been so proud I finally found” not “The love I b*tched about” 

"I stop to notice I'm by your home" from Private Ale always sounded like "A shop damn notes fish spiral rome" which made absolutely no sense but ok

And my personal favorite: the first lyric video I had ever seen for Jesus of Suburbia was actually a misheard lyrics video. For months or so I just could not unhear "I'm seeing your dad, he's making sushi" instead of "lost children with dirty faces today" and "a raptor got beaten in the bathroom store" instead of "I read the graffiti in the bathroom stall." I technically still have to think to stop myself from singing these lines whenever they come up even though it's been years.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

"I stop to notice I'm by your home" from Private Ale always sounded like "A shop damn notes fish spiral rome" which made absolutely no sense but ok

And my personal favorite: the first lyric video I had ever seen for Jesus of Suburbia was actually a misheard lyrics video. For months or so I just could not unhear "I'm seeing your dad, he's making sushi" instead of "lost children with dirty faces today" and "a raptor got beaten in the bathroom store" instead of "I read the graffiti in the bathroom stall." I technically still have to think to stop myself from singing these lines whenever they come up even though it's been years.

That's some dying cow level of misheard lyrics! :lol:

13 hours ago, Kyrthical said:

That's some dying cow level of misheard lyrics! :lol:

Let's tranquilize this dying cow/ drag it down to mexico/ half-assed dynamite/ it's assisted suiciiiiiiiiide!

Was watching the redundant music video just now, and realized it's "I'm lost for words" rather than "I've lost my voice", which is what I thought it was for years. Wild.

7 hours ago, Herroon said:

Was watching the redundant music video just now, and realized it's "I'm lost for words" rather than "I've lost my voice", which is what I thought it was for years. Wild.

I think you were right for years though!

Now I cannot speak / I've lost my voice / I'm speechless and redundant 'cause I love you's not enough / I'm lost for words

14 hours ago, Kyrthical said:

I think you were right for years though!

Now I cannot speak / I've lost my voice / I'm speechless and redundant 'cause I love you's not enough / I'm lost for words

No yeah, but I had thought it was

Now I cannot speak / I've lost my voice / I'm speechless and redundant 'cause I love you's not enough / I've lost my voice

rather than what it actually is

2 hours ago, helenaferdy said:

I just want some action so give me mike dirnt.

Well... I will never unhear this.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

From Jesus of Suburbia:

I don't carry pizza/ I don't carry pizza/ I don't carry food in here