Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I always thought it was "my name is Joe the long lost son". I should really check the lyrics sometimes :P

I should do that more often too just too lazy tho :lol: would have been cool if Billie had said Joe tho cause his name :happy:

I should do that more often too just too lazy tho :lol: would have been cool if Billie had said Joe tho cause his name :happy:

I always just assumed it was Joe because it's such a common working class name. "Joe Blog" :P

I have some good ones from the three new albums. I only remember Brutal Love right now though, but in my opinion it's a good one!

When Billie sings "Bad luck. Bitters and soda" the only thing I hear is "Penis in soda"

I actually just checked to see the right lyrics :lol:

• Like 3

Macy's Day Parade - "Give me something that I need" - I thought it was "Give me something bad I need".

Burnout

"I declare I don't care no more" - I actually thought it went something like "I'm a cheapskate and I cannot lie"...

Macy's Day Parade - "Give me something that I need" - I thought it was "Give me something bad I need".

Burnout

"I declare I don't care no more" - I actually thought it went something like "I'm a cheapskate and I cannot lie"...

:mellow: I always thought it went "I drink but I don't care no more"

Until today I thought that when they sing "She gave up on Jesus for living on venus" in Wild One,

they were singing "She gave up on Jesus for living on peanuts"

• Like 1

Speaking about Burnout..."I've lived inside this pencil case" :lol:

So it isn't "I've lived inside this pencil case"?! It feels like I've learned something new today. :lol::lol:

• Like 1

The first time I heard all of gds pre ai songs was through Bullet in a bible so I had the wrong lyrics for ages aha. Some of the ones I can remember:

In brain stew I thought he sang

"My mouth is dry, face it Mum"

In St. jimmy

"I am the son of a bitch, a n***** and a hoe"

In minority

"A glitch, a legion turning on the world.

One nation underdog, for that I say hello.

A face in the crowd, a song that gets the mould"

Thankfully I know the right ones now :P

I always thought in Drama Queen it was "She is my drama queen, she's so wild and reckless." Then I read the lyric sheet that came with Dos on vinyl and realized it was actually "wet and reckless." That just made the lyrics more awkward.

Listening to the cell phone recordings of Nuclear family from the Echoplex earlier this year I thought a line was "Gotta move my penis comin in for the kill" when it turned into "move my feet..." haha

• Like 2

1000 hours: Let my hand run through her hair, moving closer to his wheelchair .

Thought that was the lyrics for years when i was younger..

• Like 2

At my first listening of X-Kid I heard that

Hey little kid
Did you wake up late wondering

Instead of :

Hey little kid
Did you wake up late one day

In Missing You, in the line "told you I loved you at the bus station" or whatever it is, I always heard something about Playstation

• Like 1

I always thought that in JOS billie said "Oh there it be can you please fill the void" Instead of therapy. That's all I got.

• Like 1

In Walk Away, I hear "Oh honey you're chloroform" instead of "The harder you're gonna fall".

• Like 1

"I just want some action so gimme my turn."

"I just want some action so gimme Mike Dirnt."

I like it my way better.

• Like 3

And in "86" when Billie sang "There's no return from 86" I heard "There's no use trying in 86."

In 86, I thought it was "no return from anal sex" (it was the first time I heard it and didn't know what the title was, so yeah, that's why xD)

In "Missing You" I thought it was "Be my jug" instead of "She's my bud"

• Like 2

1000 Hours:

"Here's this flower I picked for all the hours that you've spent with me"

I thought it was...

"Here we are, here for all the hours, having sex with me"

• Like 1

In Wild One I misheard "she gave up on Jesus for living on Venus" as "she gave up on Jesus for living on penis" but I can't e the only one who thought that :/ haha

There's so many more misheard lyrics that I still continue to sing wrong because I don't feel like looking up the lyrics

"I just want some action so gimme my turn."

"I just want some action so gimme Mike Dirnt."

I like it my way better.

Now every time I listen to Nuclear Family I'm gonna thin of that line and sing it wrong.

And in "86" when Billie sang "There's no return from 86" I heard "There's no use trying in 86."

In 86, I thought it was "no return from anal sex" (it was the first time I heard it and didn't know what the title was, so yeah, that's why xD)

In "Missing You" I thought it was "Be my jug" instead of "She's my bud"

To me it was always, Theres no return for me it seems. Thought was just the title but didn't appear in the song..

Lazy Bones: "Everyone keeps talking and they can shove up a cup." That's what it had always been for me but i realized that it made not an ounce of sense so i decided to check the lyrics this morning.