Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

"I'm taking need just for you"

happens to be- "I'm taking heed just for you"

now it's logical

I heard "I'm taking E just for you" at first. Still think it sounds like that :lol:

I still don't know what Billie Joe says after the solo in Holiday before the "the representative..." part and what he says at the end of Hitchin' A Ride.

I still don't know what Billie Joe says after the solo in Holiday before the "the representative..." part and what he says at the end of Hitchin' A Ride.

It's "The representative from California now has the floor" in Holiday. But the end of Hitchin' A Ride is an age-old mystery that I fear will never be solved.

Edit: Ohh you said the bit before that bit in Holiday. In that case I don't know either! I used to think it sounded like "get bored" which I'm sure is wrong. In Green Day Rock Band it says it's "three, four!". That works, but you can't be sure with the Rock Band lyrics because some of them are wrong or clearly just guessed at. Does sound likely though.

• Like 1

After the solo he yells "3, 4!".

• Like 1

"I just want some action so gimme my turn"

(nuclear family)

I still singing "I just want some action so gimme Mike dirnt"

• Like 1

Only Of You

I wish I could tell you

but the words won't come along

Oh if you only knew

The way I felt for sure along

I know that my words part

But I just don't seem to care

These feelings in my heart

Only of you I want to share

The first time I got

A close-up view

you know my thoughts

were only of you

I know that when time gets by

you will think the same about me

If thats the way you like

I hope that you will see

As you can see, I messed up a lot of this song in my head!

There's a lot of Green Day lyrics I've misheard, but most of them is because I can't hear what they're singing, so I just , kind of, invents words instead of the real lyrics...

Anyway, here's the few I remember right now...

Minority:

"A face in the crowd, unsung against the mould" became "a plea to the crowd, a song against them all" and "down with the moral majority" became "down with them all of majority"

Macy's Day Parade:

"economy sized dreams of hope" became "it's gonna be a ..... dreams of hope",

"brand new hope" became "brand new home" and "when all along it was me and you" became "a lesson learnt of me and you"

Homecoming:

"what's your pleasure and what is your pain" became "what's your pressure and what is your fame",

"I got a kid in the bay" became "I got a kid in Dubai"

there's much more in this song (especially the first part), but I don't remember it...:/

There's a lot of Green Day lyrics I've misheard, but most of them is because I can't hear what they're singing, so I just , kind of, invents words instead of the real lyrics...

Minority:

"A face in the crowd, unsung against the mould" became "a plea to the crowd, a song against them all" and "down with the moral majority" became "down with them all of majority"

Macy's Day Parade:

"brand new hope" became "brand new home" and "when all along it was me and you" became "a lesson learnt of me and you"

Homecoming:

"what's your pleasure and what is your pain" became "what's your pressure and what is your fame",

there's much more in this song (especially the first part), but I don't remember it...:/

I agree with Macy's Day Parade

"it's death of the nuclear family"

I heard "It's defintley the nuclear family"

and before that I heard "Like a chineese company conspicary"

happens to be- "like a chineese drama and conspiracy"

something is messed up with my mind :o

Starin out of my window, watching the clouds go rolling by -Christie Road

Bad luck is hanging around you- Jinx

Billie joe needs to start annunciating the "V" in Venus in Wild One. God forbid my dad ever hears that lyric...

• Like 1

It's "The representative from California now has the floor" in Holiday. But the end of Hitchin' A Ride is an age-old mystery that I fear will never be solved.

Edit: Ohh you said the bit before that bit in Holiday. In that case I don't know either! I used to think it sounded like "get bored" which I'm sure is wrong. In Green Day Rock Band it says it's "three, four!". That works, but you can't be sure with the Rock Band lyrics because some of them are wrong or clearly just guessed at. Does sound likely though.

I always thought it was fairly obvious that he says "3,4!" there. He even holds up three and then four fingers live at concerts on that part.

Minority:

Macy's Day Parade:

Homecoming:

in Macy's Day Parade the real lyric is "a lesson learned to me and you" :)

I always thought it was fairly obvious that he says "3,4!" there. He even holds up three and then four fingers live at concerts on that part.

Oh really? Must be then, I'm bad at hearing things.

Not really misheard lyrics as such, but the first time I heard X-Kid I thought it was Amanda, which kinda suits the lyrics in a way. But when I found out it was X-Kid I was like 'Oh. OOOH.'

"it's death of the nuclear family"

I heard "It's defintley the nuclear family"

and before that I heard "Like a chineese company conspicary"

happens to be- "like a chineese drama and conspiracy"

something is messed up with my mind :o

It really doesn't sound like "chinese drama" at all, I think we all hear the word company.

I used to think in Nightlife, Billie said "Taking a ride to my old aunt's" rather than 'haunts'. I would then subsequently think "Well that's uncomfortable" :P

• Like 2

in Macy's Day Parade the real lyric is "a lesson learned to me and you" :)

It sound's llike that's what he's singing, but in the lyrics for the album it's "When all along it was me and you".

It sound's llike that's what he's singing, but in the lyrics for the album it's "When all along it was me and you".

no it's "a lesson learned to me and you" , actually :) look in the lyrics

no it's "a lesson learned to me and you" , actually :) look in the lyrics

Now I've checked both international superhits and warning, and both of them says "when all along it was me and you". Maybe it could be a misprint? But if that's the case it's weird that both of them has it :P

Now I've checked both international superhits and warning, and both of them says "when all along it was me and you". Maybe it could be a misprint? But if that's the case it's weird that both of them has it :P

maybe im just wrong xD if i am, im sorry! haha, i've always been sure it's the way i thought it was.. oh well haha

maybe im just wrong xD if i am, im sorry! haha, i've always been sure it's the way i thought it was.. oh well haha

I also thought so until I bought the albums. xD But I'm still pretty sure he sings "a lesson learnt of me and you". I mean earlier when I've read the right lyrics I've been able to hear Billie (or mike/ tré) sing it, but I still hear "a lesson learnt of me and you", so I really don't know...

Edited by VivaLaLittleGirl1039

Ashley:

I say are you running around... instead of Ashley are you running around

You are crying on Michaels shoulder => You are crying on my cold shoulder :')