Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

In Homecoming: "After 10, cops have caught me out again."

I mishear a lot of lyrics lol.

thats AWESOME! even better than my after 10 cups of coffee and BACON.

And I forgot that when Know Your Enemy came out, I sang the "ra-hey" part or whatever as "raw ham." I was singing it in the car one day and I was like "Do you know your enemy RAW HAM!" My family was confused :pinch:

RAW HAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread rules. It has me in TEARS! Im laughing so hard. RAW HAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! complete giggle fit.

When I went to see Green Day last year me and my friend were singing along to every song then just gave up when they played Jaded, it's impossible!!

The American Idiot Broadway soundtrack has cleared so many lyrics up for me, even Billie said in an interview the cast sing a lot clearer!

yeah :lol:

and I agree with Jaded being impossible even reading the lyrics, I get all confused xD

Only the leaked demo is "we are the cries of the class of 13". The actual release is "We are the class of the class of 13" and the lyric sheet for the album just has "we are the class of 13" written for that verse -- looks like Billie just repeats "the class of" once to make the meter fit.

Oh, shit! My bad, it looks like I was going by the demo's lyrics, then ... Just checked out my CD insert and you're right, it just reads 'We are the class of'.

Whoops! :whistle

Oh, shit! My bad, it looks like I was going by the demo's lyrics, then ... Just checked out my CD insert and you're right, it just reads 'We are the class of'.

Whoops! :whistle

Lol I didn't know he changed it, I kept singing "we are the cries of the class of 13" xD

ohhh another one... Holiday, I always thought he said

"Just 'cause because we're out of gas yeaah" :lol:

So many surprises I had when I bought the albums lool

yeah :lol:

and I agree with Jaded being impossible even reading the lyrics, I get all confused xD

Jaded is a song I've never had an issue with :lol:

Some of these are hilarious, though. I tend not to make funny mistakes, I just get tongue-tied, skip a line and carry on :P Listening to Armitage Shanks the other day I could have sworn Billie said something about ukeleles :blink:

"While the mom and brats are away" - Jesus of Suburbia

For five years now I thought it was BRAD'S...like they were talking about his mom's boyfriend, and I always wondered about the "are" because the sentence didn't make sense. I don't know WHY it took me so long to figure it out!

I have always thought that until, well right now haha. I thought it was a bit weird when i first heard it, but eventually I accepted and just thought there must be a type of person called a 'brad'.

The actual lyrics are 'While the moms and Brads are away'! ^^; I have the special edition of American Idiot with all the extra shit written in, and check out what it says:

bradv.jpg

Plus, here's the lyrics directly from the insert of the standard edition of American Idiot:

brads.jpg

I love this thread :lol:

I mishear so many lyrics but I can't really come up with them now...

Letterbomb:

"Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself?" I always thought it was "Where will all the mothers go when the virus kills itself?"

Oh wait! I thought of one. I always think in Nice Guys Finish Last he sings "Pressure cooker BAKE my brain and tell me I'm insane". Even though I know he's saying "pick" now, I still always think bake. Pressure cooker, bake - it makes sense.

Hahaha - I thought it was "Somebody take my pants I think they're falling off." And of course, that would make sense if you've ever seen one photo of Billie and the way he wears his pants :lol:

This thread is making me laugh way too hard!

:lol: :lol: It must be two years since I first heard about your pants version of that line and I still think of it every time I hear the song.

LOVING the banner.

Oh wait! I thought of one. I always think in Nice Guys Finish Last he sings "Pressure cooker BAKE my brain and tell me I'm insane". Even though I know he's saying "pick" now, I still always think bake. Pressure cooker, bake - it makes sense.

:lol: :lol: It must be two years since I first heard about your pants version of that line and I still think of it every time I hear the song.

LOVING the banner.

Hahahaha - went over to the dark side for a minute so I could see this banner everyone's talking about :lol:! Love it!!!

Hermione - I SO wish we'd had more time to chat this trip. :(

Hahahaha - went over to the dark side for a minute so I could see this banner everyone's talking about :lol:! Love it!!!

Thank you so much for mentioning the 'dark side' --- I had no clue what anyone was talking about when they were mentioning ducks on a banner until you posted, haha!

I just switched on over to the 'Dark' theme from my preferred 'IP.Board' theme and I was rewarded with many lolz! :lol:

Anyone know how this 'ducks' joke came to be ...?

Anyone know how this 'ducks' joke came to be ...?

And there was someone who thought Minority said "A free for all, ducks and all" instead of "fuck 'em all". I forget who it was. But I quite like that version better. :lol:

^Quote from page 2 of this thread :)

I know! I'd imagined having all day, but it ended up being just a few moments while huddled up in freezing gale force winds :( . I'm still so glad we were both at that fantastic show though.

Omg. Earlier today I saw the banner for the first time and nearly pissed myself laughing! I LOVE IT!!!

LOVING the banner.

WHAT? I've been singing "Pressure cook and BANG my brain and tell me I'm insane."

Aw man.... my life is in shambles now haha Kidding.

Also android I sang "It keeps my husband around" instead of "It keeps my head spinning around"

Damn you Billie Joe. I can't understand you haha

Oh, I always thought in Give Me Novicaine, Billie Joe said " Jimmy says its better than air"

and that somewhat works.

• Like 1

Oh, I always thought in Give Me Novicaine, Billie Joe said " Jimmy says its better than air"

and that somewhat works.

I thought the same thing actually for a while and then one day my brain just fixed it.

Damn, everyones' is still making me laugh, HARD. Real funny shit.

"RAW HAM" is fantastic.

Oh and on the Mom & Brads post, those liner notes from the special edition AI are pretty much if not exactly the same lines that the character Johnny delivers in the AI musical.

Anyway, HAHAHAHAHAHA, KEEP EM COMING

Lol I didn't know he changed it, I kept singing "we are the cries of the class of 13" xD

ohhh another one... Holiday, I always thought he said

"Just 'cause because we're out of gas yeaah" :lol:

So many surprises I had when I bought the albums lool

is it bad that I read "just 'cause because we're out of gaaaaaays"? xD

I thought the same thing actually for a while and then one day my brain just fixed it.

Damn, everyones' is still making me laugh, HARD. Real funny shit.

"RAW HAM" is fantastic.

Oh and on the Mom & Brads post, those liner notes from the special edition AI are pretty much if not exactly the same lines that the character Johnny delivers in the AI musical.

Anyway, HAHAHAHAHAHA, KEEP EM COMING

they changed some lyrics in the musical, so it fits the story :thumbsup: For example, in the musical Johnny sells his guitar to buy a ticket home, and on the Special Edition it says that Whatsername borrow him money.

due to billies voice there were tons of lyrics ive mishead. especially on 1039. this isn't me screwing up the lyrics but i was babysitting this kid and he was playing tony hawks american wasteland and he had de-selected all the songs except holiday so it just played over and over again and he would always make some comment on the lyrics.

when it says plastic bag on a monument he thought it said price tag on a monument and then the next time he thought it said band around the store again... idk how he got that one. =/

when it says to a hymn called faith and misery he thought it said to a hymn called bacon misery. haha i literally laughed out loud when he said that. :lol:

finally (jeez, i seriously need to shut up) when it says, the ones who died without a name he thought it said the ones who died with soldier crane.

he also made several comments on how he sings weird and he said good for you when it said the representative has the floor.

jebus, sorry for the essay guys

In East Jesus Nowhere, in the last part before bille screams "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah", i always thought he said "A FIRE burns today" like in the chorus. but according to Rock band he sings "A PYRE burns today"

I always thought that in christie road it goes.. smoked my bordom gone, slapped my brain cells away... insted of slapped my brains up so high

and I guess he hears it the same way because he used to sing it the way live on the dookie tour

In East Jesus Nowhere, in the last part before bille screams "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah", i always thought he said "A FIRE burns today" like in the chorus. but according to Rock band he sings "A PYRE burns today"

He does say 'fire', haha --- RockBand's just slightly illiterate. :blink:

For the longest time I thought Fashion Victim went "As you see things come and go, at the dog and police show" rather than "As the seasons come and go, dog and pony show"

Also I thought the line in Android thats says "Or did he hide away from hopes, Behind a smile and smoking dope, It’s crazy" was; "Or did he hide away from most be, I just wanna smoke and jump, it's crazy!"

thats AWESOME! even better than my after 10 cups of coffee and BACON.

Lmao! My friend always thought it was bacon too! So when we're together and this song comes on, we always say bacon at that part.

For the longest time I thought Fashion Victim went "As you see things come and go, at the dog and police show" rather than "As the seasons come and go, dog and pony show"

:lol: I always used to sing something like "As the seasons come and go, in the dark and Pauly Shore." I don't even know xD

TOO LATE :mad: I'M RUNNING THIS FUCKING SHOW.

I needed a new quote in my sig. I think I've found it. Thanks Alex :P

And when I first heard Murder City I hadn't a clue what Clock strikes midnight in the murder city was. I think I made up new lyrics each time.