Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

1 hour ago, crock6000 said:

Wait, so is nobody catching the "Raw Ham" reference from circe 2009-10?

Hey, I am not nobody!

8 hours ago, crock6000 said:

Wait, so is nobody catching the "Raw Ham" reference from circe 2009-10?

I am! And if they keep Know Your Enemy on their setlist that's what I'll be proudly singing when I see them in February :D 

• Like 2

Haha That's so cute though. I think I like that as a lyric better than the original. The other day I heard a song on the radio, but it wasn't Green Day. It sounded like the singer said "There's soap in your eyes." But by the middle of the song I understood it was "Just open your eyes" LOL 

In Still Breathing I keep hearing 'Asked myself out on the ledge, "are you scared to death to live?" ' and now I sing that anyway because I think it makes more sense than the original lyric 😛

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Juls said:

In Still Breathing I keep hearing 'Asked myself out on the ledge, "are you scared to death to live?" ' and now I sing that anyway because I think it makes more sense than the original lyric 😛

Definitely makes more sense grammatically...

Thought 'it's written all over our faces' was actually 'it's really none of her own business' in Murder City. 

• Like 1

Forever now - I'm like a punk rocker in river dance - then I thought it was I'm like a punk rocker that can't dance & finally I heard labour day. 😏🙃

16 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Forever now - I'm like a punk rocker in river dance - then I thought it was I'm like a punk rocker that can't dance & finally I heard labour day. 😏🙃

I heard riverdance the first time too and thought it was a weird lyric.:lol:

• Like 1

'chasing fireflies and zeroes' is right, it was mentioned in one of the articles... first time I heard it I heard 'chasing fireflies and Spearows' though...

Although I know the word in Too Dumb to Die is "cello", I keep hearing "I feel like a cholo", because of Aaron Cometbus describing Billie as looking like a "sleepy cholo" in In China With Green Day :P 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Although I know the word in Too Dumb to Die is "cello", I keep hearing "I feel like a cholo", because of Aaron Cometbus describing Billie as looking like a "sleepy cholo" in In China With Green Day :P 

It would make more sense. How does a person feel when they like a cello? 

On 9/26/2016 at 6:29 AM, Maria Gloria said:

I know it's "home that's for the restless" in Still Breathing but I keep hearing "home that's for the wrestlers" :lol:

The first time I heard it I thought it was 'home for the useless'.

Got a couple here I just can't unhear:

In Somewhere Now "Now I shop online so I can booze at the speed of light"!

and

In Too Dumb to Die "My daddy always was a trike"!

Sorry Billie to mishear your lyrics so badly!

• Like 2

I don't even know how this one came about but...

In Holiday I always thought the chorus where he sings

"I beg to dream and differ"

went

"I bet the Truman difference"

.......yeah

• Like 1

I heard "Im grown up and medicated, im high on cellular waves" as "Im grown up and medicated on my own cellular waves" :P

Theres probably more :P but i dont remember any 

• Like 2

'Night Life'     The whole song.  I thought I wasn't even listening to the band.  Kind of reminded me of having sex with a female that has a vaginal opening the size of wine bottle.  I KNOW I'm having sex with a female just like I know I'm listening to GD, but something is off.  Way off.  I never got satisfied. 

Not really misheard,  but I was singing along with  "To Dumb to Die" and sang  "looking for a cause and all I got was menopause "  lol, what's wrong with me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amberwhite said:

Not really misheard,  but I was singing along with  "To Dumb to Die" and sang  "looking for a cause and all I got was menopause "  lol, what's wrong with me?

:ga:

• Like 2

So, until now I kept thinking Billie's singing "who caaares, we destroyed suburbia" in Outlaws. Turns out it's "hooligans" instead of "who cares"... and actually "baby hooligans". Way cooler :D 

• Like 2

I thought the chorus of RevRad was "Give me cherry bombs and gasoline, debutantes and Sertraline." Unfortunately, I prefer that to the real thing :lol: 

• Like 3

I know I've already replied to this, but I was trying to memorize Jesus of Suburbia the other day and, looking at the lyrics, I realized just how much I got wrong. So here is my treasure chest of misheard JoS lyrics :runaround:

"I'm the son of rage and love"

"Hyper son of rager love"

"Soda pop and Ritalin"

"Started poppin' Ritalin"

"No one ever died for my..."

"Noonehfidkavd"

"Get my television fix"

"Get my television fixed"

"The living room in my private womb

while the moms and brats are away"

"tgevdgqjsh Dr hfhfjsi"

"City of the dead/City of the damned"