Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Speaking of Extraordinary girl -

he lacks a courage in his mind ... like a pig left in the rain.

I laughed out loud as soon as I read that post :lol:

And the first time I heard Minority I also thought it was "she screamed under me". Doesn't make sense, but still..

Letterbomb "The television's an extortionist, and it don't even know that you exist"

is a way better line than "the town preacher" :thumbsup: it makes the tv seem alive, innit? It's the kind of imagery that is dotted around the album, and fits with the themes he talks about in American Idiot (the song).

• Like 2

I never mistook this one, but someone else on this forum mentioned a long time ago they thought "Welcome to Paradise" said "Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes". It's always made me giggle when I listen to WTP.

PDP0945097_P.JPG

Letterbomb "The television's an extortionist, and it don't even know that you exist"

is a way better line than "the town preacher" :thumbsup: it makes the tv seem alive, innit? It's the kind of imagery that is dotted around the album, and fits with the themes he talks about in American Idiot (the song).

WHA??? I didn't know that's what it said. I've always sang "The television set extortionist", as in an infomercial or something. :huh:

I've moved this to the Green Day Chat forum. I think it makes sense to have it here since we're not talking specifically about an album or song.

• Like 2

Isn't it "The town bishop's an extortionist, and he don't even know that you exist"?

I've misread a lot of lyrics but for some reason I can't think of any right now.

edit: Thought of one! Jaded. I thought it was "Somebody keep my pants I think there falling off." instead of "Somebody keep my balance I think I'm falling off."

• Like 2

In Jaded, instead of "Somebody keep my balance, I think I'm falling off," I thought it was "Somebody take my pants, I think they're falling off" o_O

• Like 3

To this day, I am still unsure about the lyrics in FOD.

Does he say "I'm taking pleasure in the doubts I've passed to you." or "I'm taking pleasure in the masochistic youth." ?

Because I always thought it was "I'm taking pleasure in the doubts I've passed to you", but a friend of mine told me about the masochistic youth lyrics she read on a lyrics site, and now I'm not so sure about it.

I've been singing it my way for years, and I'll feel so weird if i realize it's been wrong this whole time.

And I'll feel even weirder if he takes pleasure in the masochistic youth.

XD

^ He says I'm taking pleasure in announcing this to you.

I always thought BIllie Joe said gooooooooooooo dieeeeeeeeeeeee at the end of F.O.D., but i guess its Good Night.

• Like 1

In Jaded, instead of "Somebody keep my balance, I think I'm falling off," I thought it was "Somebody take my pants, I think I'm going off" o_O

:woot: I'm not the only one who thought that?

I always thought BIllie Joe said gooooooooooooo dieeeeeeeeeeeee at the end of F.O.D., but i guess its Good Night.

you could possibly be my hero right now.

haha.

thanks alot for clearing that up for me.

i haven't played FOD as a singer on rockband yet to find out what the lyrics are.

In Paper lanterns, I always thought Billie said: "Now I rest my head from such an endless jury time." And I still say it like that, even though I know it's "dreary time." :lol:

And In She it's: "I'm taking heed just for you." I always thought he said "I'll take it in just for you." Yeah, it made sense to me. :P

When I first heard Jesus of Suburbia, I was really convinced there was a section about cats. Something along the lines of, "I have a cat, if you don't. I have a cat, if you don't. I have a cat, if you don't cat. I like cats."

Omg. :lol:

In Minority, I always heard, "like a shithead runs from earth" instead of, "like a sheep runs from the herd". :D

I freakin' love threads like this. I also like how the mods come in and rescue new threads now! Makes me happy. :happy:

Up until about a week ago, I thought the lyrics to 21st Century Breakdown went, 'We are the class of, the class of thirteen!' I had completely forgotten it was really, 'We are the cries of the class of thirteen', haha. :D

• Like 1

I could NEVER get that line until I heard it acapella.

in Android, I always heard "I'll keep my husband in the ground" rather than it keeps my head spinning around.

• Like 2

In Minority where he sings; "For crying out loud,she screamed unto me", I thought he sang "screamed under me". A bit perverted.

LOL. You just informed me he DOESN'T say "under me." Well then... :whistle

I freakin' love threads like this. I also like how the mods come in and rescue new threads now! Makes me happy. :happy:

Up until about a week ago, I thought the lyrics to 21st Century Breakdown went, 'We are the class of, the class of thirteen!' I had completely forgotten it was really, 'We are the cries of the class of thirteen', haha. :D

that's what i thought it was too. :blink:

• Like 1

I can remember so many times reading Green Day lyrics of a song and just being like ":o THAT'S what he says?"

Oh yea, I remember that, too. Especially the Insomniac lyrics. xD

• Like 1

Billie is borderline impossible to understand in a lot of songs off Insomniac. I still have no idea what half the lyrics to Bab's Uvula Who? are.

• Like 2

Billie is borderline impossible to understand in a lot of songs off Insomniac. I still have no idea what half the lyrics to Bab's Uvula Who? are.

Same here! Not looking off the lyrics, I know the chorus, and the opening line.

Kinda strange thing here... but I was just playing this song, and I swear Billie just said something about pulling dicks. :lol: That's definitely not the right lyrics...

I'm pretty sure it is "We are the class of, the class of thirteen".

Same here! Not looking off the lyrics, I know the chorus, and the opening line.

Kinda strange thing here... but I was just playing this song, and I swear Billie just said something about pulling dicks. :lol: That's definitely not the right lyrics...

Hahaha, oh wow. I need to go look up the lyrics now...

I'm listening to Stuck with Me and it sounded like "what's the price, and will a baby" :lol:

I'm pretty sure it is "We are the class of, the class of thirteen".

That's what I've always thought it was.

I've got a knack for fucking everything up

My temper flies and I get myself all wound up

My fuse is short and my blood pressure is high

I lose control and I get myself all wound up

Tension mounts and I fly off the wall

I self-destruct and I get myself all wound up

Petulance and irritation sets in

I throw a tantrum and I get myself all up

Chip on my shoulder and a leech on my back

Stuck in a rut and I get myself all wound up

Killed my composure and it will never come back

Loss of control and I get myself all wound up

Blown out of proportion again

My temper snaps and I get myself all wound up

Spontaneous combustion

Panic attack

I slipped a gear I get myself all wound up

The bolded lines are the only ones I know. :lol:

I never mistook this one, but someone else on this forum mentioned a long time ago they thought "Welcome to Paradise" said "Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes". It's always made me giggle when I listen to WTP.

:mad: Dammit, that's what I thought he said..

• Like 1

In Holiday I heard "I bet you true men get that from the hall of lies". Contradictory, I know.

In When I Come Around I heard "So go knock down my door" and "So don't do what you like; make sure you do it right".

And it's not really Green Day, but it's the Network so it counts....in Roshambo I always heard "I'm not looking for a funnyon" instead of "I'm not looking for a bargain".

And there was someone who thought Minority said "A free for all, ducks and all" instead of "fuck 'em all". I forget who it was. But I quite like that version better. :lol:

• Like 1