Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I can't tell half of what Billie says in Dirty Rotten Bastards.

hahaha join the club! especialy when he says: "All fucked up beyond intervention" I thought he was saying something with OPA! (you know, the Greek one). and many times through the way Billiie sings the song I realise that I can actually invent new words!!!!! how cool is that??

"Rolls Royce, this classic car"

is actually "Old toys, this plastic heart"

I knew it was wrong but I was too lazy to check for the correct lyrics until about a week ago heh

hahaha join the club! especialy when he says: "All fucked up beyond intervention" I thought he was saying something with OPA! (you know, the Greek one). and many times through the way Billiie sings the song I realise that I can actually invent new words!!!!! how cool is that??

I'm not sure if he's saying "the bottom feeder's Francine" or what the hell is going on there. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm searching for Green Day T-Shirts on Red Bubble and I see a shirt that says "It's better than air" and I said wow they screwed up the Give Me Novacaine lyrics! I always thought it was "Jimmy says it's better than here".

I HAVE BEEN MISLED ALMOST 10 YEARS.

I'm searching for Green Day T-Shirts on Red Bubble and I see a shirt that says "It's better than air" and I said wow they screwed up the Give Me Novacaine lyrics! I always thought it was "Jimmy says it's better than here".

I HAVE BEEN MISLED ALMOST 10 YEARS.

It is "better than here." It says so in the official lyric book from the album.

It is "better than here." It says so in the official lyric book from the album.

Ah ha! So I was right all along!

Ah ha! So I was right all along!

For some reason I always thought he said "Better than ever" and he just didn't pronounce the v much. No idea why I thought that.

In 16, I hear 'Things are easy when you're Asian' instead of 'when you're a child'

:lol:

In Lady Cobra:

"the Black Eyed Peas scream sin and clover"

instead of "her black heart beat crimson and clover".

I always thought it said black eyed peas as well

Until this year I always though JOS lyrics were "heaven don't believe, heaven don't believe in me" instead of land of make believe

i use to think Minority said "to my armpit now" instead of "to my own beat now" :lol:

LOOOOOOOOL

Holiday

What is is

Faith and mystery, and bleed.

What I thought it was

Faith and mystery, I'm clean.

Not that crazy but still...

It's been a long long while since I learned the proper lyrics and I don't quite remember.

However, I'll never forget that in "Give Me Novacaine", right before the solo, I couldn't clearly hear what Billie sang, and I thought I heard the word 'love' somewhere between there, I don't even know why, and generally believed that a very deep lyric is being sang at this part.

And then I looked it up and realized it said "Oh novacaine".

I was extremely disappointed.

I used to think that in American Idiot,

"And can you hear the sound of hysteria?"

was

"And can you hear the sound of the stereo?"

I have a good one. Warning was one of the first GD CDs I ever had. So for years I was listening to that part in Jackass when he says "You're well-rehearsed on every verse" and i just had no fucking idea what he was saying. I would knowingly just mumble to myself "Yawereeoniwre" an then go on to say "And that was stated clear." I think there was even an era where I was convinced that he wasn't actually saying anything there and was purposely making a joke of mumbling and then saying it was stated clear. I never forget it when I hear that song.

• Like 1

I have a good one. Warning was one of the first GD CDs I ever had. So for years I was listening to that part in Jackass when he says "You're well-rehearsed on every verse" and i just had no fucking idea what he was saying. I would knowingly just mumble to myself "Yawereeoniwre" an then go on to say "And that was stated clear." I think there was even an era where I was convinced that he wasn't actually saying anything there and was purposely making a joke of mumbling and then saying it was stated clear. I never forget it when I hear that song.

that's so funny omg... there are so many songs I think he's just mumbling

• Like 1

i use to think Minority said "to my armpit now" instead of "to my own beat now" :lol:

What the hell :lol:

Holiday

What is is

Faith and mystery, and bleed.

What I thought it was

Faith and mystery, I'm clean.

Not that crazy but still...

It's actually "Faith and misery". Makes it slightly crazier :D

was

This applies to everyone I think :lol:, I still hear it that way even though I know what it really says now.

• Like 1

was

Wow. My life just turned upside down :mellow:

• Like 1

I was genuinely convinced Billie kept repeating the word 'Salad' over and over again during All The Time as opposed to 'Salud' :D

• Like 3