Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

ANother "Missing You" one, thought it was "I get so hot out in the cold" LOLOLOL, it makes no sense but hey :P

• Like 1

In Jesus of Suburbia EDIT: Extraordinary girl I always thought "Wiping the tears from her eyes" was "wiping nails from her eyes". Billie just sings in a way that makes certain words impossible xD Especially in the older stuff.

Edited by Sensei21

In Jesus of Suburbia I always thought "Wiping the tears from her eyes" was "wiping nails from her eyes". Billie just sings in a way that makes certain words impossible xD Especially in the older stuff.

Isn't that Extraordinary Girl?

• Like 1

In 86, I thought it was "no return from anal sex" (it was the first time I heard it and didn't know what the title was, so yeah, that's why xD)

In "Missing You" I thought it was "Be my jug" instead of "She's my bud"

It's "she's my blood."

In Jesus of Suburbia I always thought "Wiping the tears from her eyes" was "wiping nails from her eyes". Billie just sings in a way that makes certain words impossible xD Especially in the older stuff.

I always heard wiping matches from her eyes

Isn't that Extraordinary Girl?

Whoops sorry. I was typing that right after reading someone else say something about Jesus, it just slipped out xD I do it a lot, when people are talking as I type I accidentally start typing what they're saying.

The first time I listened to Lazy Bones I thought he said: "Everyone keeps sucking" instead of "Everyone keeps talking"

When I was much younger, in Jinx, instead of "Torture me I've been a bad boy", I thought it said "Tell Jimmy I've been a bad boy" which seemed to make sense because, at the time, I thought Saint Jimmy was a real person xD.

omg same, i thought i was the only one singing that way xD and then it made me wonder\ if it was St. Jimmy LOL

-In Amanda instead of "i couldnt be your man" i thought he said " I couldnt be a man"

-Everytime i listen to Nuclear Family i strongly believe he says "i just want some action so gimmie Mike Dirnt"..

-The first time i listened to Ashley i thought he said "Ashley, are you vomit around"...instead of "are you bumming around"...

Edited by kerplunkerr

In the first verse of Rusty James I always just assumed it was "Pocket Knives and Rusty James" for some reason, even though that doesn't really make sense. Today I found out it was "Pocket Knives and Rusty Chains"... :)

• Like 1

Nuclear Family

I always understood "I just want some action so gimme Mike Dirnt" It makes sense: Billie: Hey, Mike!! I want some action, come on, I want to play with you :) !!!

...ok...but Billie didn't want to play with Mike, he just wanted his turn :(

• Like 1

I used to think in The forgotten he's saying "the dragon on your arm's been broken" but it's actually "you're draggin' on, your heart's been broken" :lol:

oops, now it makes sense :P

I thought "I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, I jumped on the grenade" in Wild One was "I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, I jumped on the granite" :lol:

In nuclear family i'm always understanding "...I just want some action, so gimme MIKE DIRNT.." instead "..so gimme my turn.." :D

In Dirty Rotten Bastards, there's a line "Dropout, drop dead hideous." And the first few times I listened to it I thought it was, "Dropout, drop dead idiots."

-In Amanda instead of "i couldnt be your man" i thought he said " I couldnt be a man"

That's what I thought too :)

I thought in Jesus of suburbia instead of we are the kids of war and peace it was where all the kids are roaring beasts

• Like 1

In Dirty Rotten Bastards, there's a line "Dropout, drop dead hideous." And the first few times I listened to it I thought it was, "Dropout, drop dead idiots."
You mean brutal love?

In 'Holiday', in the last verse where is goes 'just cause, just cause, because we're outlaws, yeah!', I always thought it was 'just cause, because we're all fucked up!'. It's not really a funny one, but yeah, that one always caught me out.

in X Kid i heard, " I CHOSE NOTHING, Charlenes Sober", i was like, 'who the fuck is Charlene!?" but the right lyrics are "here goes nothing, the shoutings over"

• Like 1

I really thought he was mentioning Eddie Vedder in "The One That I Want" on 1039SOSH...

(especially when I heard this song in the mid-90's when people actually knew who Eddie Vedder was--he's the guy from Pearl Jam, kids)

I thought a long time that Good Riddance starts with ;

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road, Tom grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go
I was like; who the fuck is Tom? haha :P

• Like 4