Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

"Icon is a last chance forum" in deadbeat holiday

"You're a rat, last of the leader' in baby eyes

"I roll over aeroplanes heads" in lazy bones

I'm the same with that song. I'll learn the lyrics and then forget them all over again. From now on though, there will be donuts at his door whenever I hear it! :lol:/>

I will never unhear that. I gotta stop coming to this thread

In Having A Blast, when he says "I won't listen to anyone's last words", I always hear "I want pussy" at the beginning of the line. :lol:

Oh my god :lol:. Now you've said it it totally sounds like it. Never gonna hear it any other way now!

Warning lyrics:

"Get your philosophy from a bumper sticker"

what I thought it was for about 1 year:

"Get your philosophy from a popper snicker "

Yup... pretty stupid considering I sung it with my interpretation of it

in front of my whole school... no body corrected me the day after, lol.

• Like 1

This might have already been mentioned but in Wild One; "She gave up on Jesus for living on peanuts!" I thought wow, now that's dedication, praise the peanuts! :lol:

• Like 2

It's "you're running out of gas" in the first verse, and "when you are the outcast" in the chorus.

WHAT?! I'm totally mind-fucked now. Even in the GDA lyrics section it says "When you run out of gas" all the way through? I wish I had my Nimrod CD here so I could double-check the booklet...

Oh, by the way, I came here to say that I just realized that I misheard the lyrics to "Wild One": "She gave up on Jesus for living on peanuts", and apparently I wasn't the only one :happy: I really liked that line, my thought was that "living on peanuts" was a metaphor for "leading a simple life". I had it all figured out... but no. :ermm:

Misheard "St. Jimmy" lyrics from my fifteen-year-old self (I realized they were wrong but still couldn't figure them out):

"St. Jimmy's coming down across the alleyway

Up on the boulevard, like as if gone on parade

Light's on the silhouette, he disappoint a net

Coming at you on the count of one two, one two three four!

My name is Jimmy and you better not wear it out

Just like a menu that your momma taught you about

Gee on the funny things, let me to represent

The nego limo dame of the establishment

On the plane trip say-oh with an eye-oh

With an angel face and a taste for suicide, oh!"

:lol:

WHAT?! I'm totally mind-fucked now. Even in the GDA lyrics section it says "When you run out of gas" all the way through? I wish I had my Nimrod CD here so I could double-check the booklet...

Yeah GDA's got it written wrong, it's "when you are the outcast" in the booklet (I'm looking at it right now so it definitely is haha). I'm sure the fact that it's wrong on there has been brought up before, I'll let them know it needs correcting :D

Great minds think alike I guess! ;)

When I Come Around was on the radio while I was at physical therapy. I let out a loud snort during the 'donut' part. :lol:

• Like 1

When I Come Around was on the radio while I was at physical therapy. I let out a loud snort during the 'donut' part. :lol:

Nice! :lol:

In Stop When The Red Lights Flash, instead of "You make mefeel like I'm at home", I hear "You make me feel like I'm a whore".

Damn Stray Heart and its confusing lyrics. :mellow:

"Without a home" isn't that at all, it's "we're not alone" and it's "and NOW I'm where I belong" not "and I, I'm where I belong".

The second one isn't that bad but it has a totally different meaning, which isn't so great when I've reviewed it with the wrong lyrics. Haha.

In Stop When The Red Lights Flash, instead of "You make mefeel like I'm at home", I hear "You make me feel like I'm a whore".

I hear that too :lol:

When I come around. The whole fucking song. I can't understand anything Billie's singing xD

Really? I hear the words just fine. Now Strangeland's lyrics are a mistery to me, what the fuck is Billie singing? Did he have a potato in his mouth while recording?

In Viva La Gloria (Little Girl), I always thought Billie said: "You're walking with scissors and running with shins". I just now figured out it's "You're walking with blisters and running with shears"

In Rusty James I heard "Where the hell is 'you ok, man?'" :lol:

and in Stray Heart, I heard "I said it a thousand times, and now a thousand more"

I still am certain Billie is singing.....

Ashley, are you running around

Are you crying out bloody in murder

Ashley, are you bumming around

You're crying on Michael Jordan

I still am certain Billie is singing.....

Ashley, are you running around

Are you crying out bloody in murder

Ashley, are you bumming around

You're crying on Michael Jordan

Lol, isn't he?

BTW, whole Inosmniac is barely recognizable. Geek stink breath, Westbound sign, Tight wad hill. Uhh. But still my favorite record :)

In Rusty James I heard "Where the hell is 'you ok, man?'" :lol:

and in Stray Heart, I heard "I said it a thousand times, and now a thousand more"

It isn't "I said it a thousand times, and now a thousand more"? What is it then? :mellow:

It isn't "I said it a thousand times, and now a thousand more"? What is it then? :mellow:/>

Replace more with one and you got it

In Disappearing Boy:

"When I walk in crowded rooms, I feel like sniffing is my tool."

Don't ask, just listen and you'll hear it :P

This might have already been mentioned but in Wild One; "She gave up on Jesus for living on peanuts!" I thought wow, now that's dedication, praise the peanuts! :lol:

I hear "for living on penis" :mellow:

• Like 1