Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I used to think the lyric in The Static Age was "I can't see feed in the video" instead "I can't see a thing in the video"

I get many lyrics wrong ;D

st jimmy : cigerattes and VENOM instead if ramen...

oh love : like the dark cures of the day instead ofdog yearns.. :shy:

Homecoming,: that's you that's me that's jingletown instead of to you an me ( I prefer my version tough :P)

there are soo many morge I can't think of right now...

I love how so many of us seem to be fonder of our "own" lyrics after being with them for so long than the actual words!

I feel the same about East Jesus Nowhere: Oh bless me lord for I have sinned.... I had been singing, "Oh bless me LOVER - I have sinned". I just KNEW that there was no way it was LORD! I thought how clever the play on the prayer words was. I absolutely loved that line....... I even had an arguement over whether it was "LORD for" or "LOVER". DAMN!

When I first heard Angel Blue, I thought he sang:

"Now I'm singing out the alphabet, adjectives are putting out my cigarette" instead of "as the tears..." :lol:

A quick google on the matter suggests that I am far from alone in this misunderstanding!

• Like 1

There was a guy in my class that used to say "I'm not throwing up, I'm just burning out" instead of "I'm not growing up, I'm just burning out" :o

• Like 1

Bought the 3-Disc set of 10" vinyl for 21st Century Breakdown and looked in the book, and I noticed this... It's a revelation I'm sure I had before, but in "21st Century Breakdown" he says "I've been to the edge and I've thrown the bouquet of flowers left over the grave" but I've always thought he was saying "I've been to the edge and I've grown up OK, the flowers left over the grave". I mean, the real version makes a lot more sense, but "my" version wasn't too terrible.

That said, I have a lot of respect for his songwriting skillz XD. Sounds so much more poetic than I had thought.

In Minority, I always heard, "like a shithead runs from earth" instead of, "like a sheep runs from the herd". biggrin.gif

Haha I like that! And also your sig is great. First time I heard that song I cried. One of my favorite solo McCartney songs. Its especially moving when he plays it live.

I always thought it was "video games of the towers fall" in 21st Century Breakdown, which I actually like a little more than the actual lyric.

This thread is gold.

I remember someone said before that they thought the "a free for all, fuck 'em all" in Minority was "a free for all, ducks and all" :lol:

In Kill the DJ, I always hear "diamond mine control" instead of "jive and mind control". When singing along I always sing "diamond mine control" :lol:

In Kill the DJ, I always hear "diamond mine control" instead of "jive and mind control". When singing along I always sing "diamond mine control" :lol:

I sing jiving mind control :lol:
  • Like 1

Until very recently I thought it was "We'll cut you once in your heart and your mind." Instead of "The culture war's in your heart and your mind." in Kill the DJ XD I didn't even read the lyrics in the book because I was so used to them already, then I saw someone had that part in their signature and I was like :o

Until very recently I thought it was "We'll cut you once in your heart and your mind." Instead of "The culture war's in your heart and your mind." in Kill the DJ XD I didn't even read the lyrics in the book because I was so used to them already, then I saw someone had that part in their signature and I was like :o

same here until now o.O

• Like 2

me too :o

I still sing heart and your mind xD

In Nuclear Family I can't help but hear "Baby, baby it's a pool hall" instead of "Baby, baby it's a blow out"

Back when I was still in the process of getting into Green Day, I believed for a year that the lyrics of Boulevard of Broken Dreams were "I walk along" instead of alone.

In Carpe Diem, I always hear "Getting off the bitch" insted of "Getting off a binge"

:D

I thought it was "getting off the bench"

I sing jiving mind control :lol:

Ritz now thanks to your sig, in Nuclear Family, I now sing "I want some action, so gimme Mike Dirnt" instead of "my turn". :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Ritz now thanks to your sig, in Nuclear Family, I now sing "I want some action, so gimme Mike Dirnt" instead of "my turn". :lol: :lol:

I always do that xD

And now after the Irving Plaza clipping, When I come Around's lines will be sung as "Mike Dirnt's a dirty whoreeee" :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

In Wild One, "She gave up on jesus, forever the venus" sounds like "She gave up on jesus, forever the penis"

omg yes! :lol: :lol: I hear that too!