Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

My friend said that in 21 Guns, she always heard "make up your mind" instead of "give up the fight".

• Like 1

My friend thought that in holiday it is:

"Another belly dancer had crossed the line to find the money's on the other side"

And she also heard this in Boulevard Of Broken Dreams:

"I walk a lawn, I walk a lawn"

I laughed so hard :D

"

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bttt because I enjoy and I'm afraid this thread, a coffee book of mine, will disappear.

My friend said that in 21 Guns, she always heard "make up your mind" instead of "give up the fight".

How apropos.

I was listening to East Jesus Nowhere and heard.

"Stand up. All the fat girls"

:mellow:

• Like 3

In both Jesus of Suburbia and American Eulogy, in the lines that say "fucking lies", I always hear "fuck your eyes"

In the five seconds between listening to Oh Love on Soundcloud and watching the lyric video, I definitely though "Oh losers and choosers" was "Oh losers and Jesus"... but then again I hear Jesus in everything Billie says, like one of those crazy people who see the Lord in rust formations and burnt toast :P

• Like 4

In American Idiot i thought it was "and can you hear the sound on the stereo" instead of "and can't the sound of hysteria" and "another part of a redneck agenda" was "another part of a redneck echidna"

I thought BOBD after only hearing it a few times back in 05 was, I didn't really know what the chorus is but, I thought "sometimes i wish someone out here" was "sometimes i wish i want a beer" lol

I also used to get Good Riddance messed up with Good Charlottes "the chronicles of life and death" I heard the chronicles of life and death briefly, then later heard Good riddance and thought they were the same thing

East Jesus Nowhere "Like a dog thats beside a mine field"

Edited by StuckWithInsomnia

In the five seconds between listening to Oh Love on Soundcloud and watching the lyric video, I definitely though "Oh losers and choosers" was "Oh losers and Jesus"... but then again I hear Jesus in everything Billie says, like one of those crazy people who see the Lord in rust formations and burnt toast :P

Exactly what I thought. :lol:

In Haushinka, I always heard "Miss rude has gone far away" instead of "This girl has gone far away"

In Holiday I always thought Billie said "A plastic bag on your monument" Which always made me think of monuments with condoms xD

• Like 4

In Android I always used to hear "it keeps my husband in the ground" instead of "it keeps my head spinning around"

• Like 1

In Android I always used to hear "it keeps my husband in the ground" instead of "it keeps my head spinning around"

Lol I used to think it was "It keeps my ass planted in the ground" :P

• Like 1

:o I thought he said that too until now. It seems I just have a dirty imagination then.

EDIT:

Here he sings "I had an erection" anyway. Maybe he sings it like that live or something.

That was the first version of All by myself that I ever heard, so I bout the album version, and it didnt say that, and I was so pissed. I dont know why they didnt record it that way

In the end of No One Knows, I hear "does it seem like all your fingers fade"

I hear does it seem like all your memories fade, so you felt that you feel this way. Lol. That cant be right.

The first time I listened to All the Time, I thought it said "Wasting time, wasting time down at butt fuck road" and I was just like, ooooook :lol:

That's so hilarious! :lol:

That was the first version of All by myself that I ever heard, so I bout the album version, and it didnt say that, and I was so pissed. I dont know why they didnt record it that way

I think Tré didn't sing that line because the record label wouldn't let him or something. That's what I heard, and it makes sense.

Extraordinary girl "like a bird left in the rain" real lyric "like a pet left in the rain"

I thought he was saying "Like a pig left in the rain".

I haven't read through all 55 pages lol so I dont know if this has already been mentioned (at least I hope it isnt just me) but one of mine is from Extrodinary Girl, where he says 'She's all alone again, wiping the tears from her eyes', I used to sing 'wiping lettuce from her eyes'.

I have no idea how I thought that could make sense.. :blink::blush:

classic

I was listening to East Jesus Nowhere and heard.

"Stand up. All the fat girls"

:mellow:

:D

I might have got more laughter from this thread than any one thing on the internet. I hope it never stops.

You guys are fucking hysterical.

I think Tré didn't sing that line because the record label wouldn't let him or something. That's what I heard, and it makes sense

I doubt it, the song was recorded for a laugh without much/any planning and they just stuck it on the album for fun. He probably only thought of changing it to " I had an erection" after the album came out and decided to sing it like that live as a joke. Like how Billie used to sing "I'm a loser, a drug user" and "how now brown cow", it's just funny to change the lyrics when they sing them live sometimes.

• Like 2

I doubt it, the song was recorded for a laugh without much/any planning and they just stuck it on the album for fun. He probably only thought of changing it to " I had an erection" after the album came out and decided to sing it like that live as a joke. Like how Billie used to sing "I'm a loser, a drug user" and "how now brown cow", it's just funny to change the lyrics when they sing them live sometimes.

He was saying "how now brown cow" on the 94 tour. He's pretty consistent with his live changes.

I heard that as well before I watched the lyrics video :lol: Well, I think the way Billie pronounces "choosers" is pretty funny ;)

He was saying "how now brown cow" on the 94 tour. He's pretty consistent with his live changes.

What song does he sing that in?

What song does he sing that in?

When I Come Around (instead of "when I come around" in the last chorus). Here's an example at 2:35:

He seems to like messing around with that song. As well as singing "I'm a loser, a drug user" back then, he also often replaced the line "make sure you do it wise" with "I'm having sex with Mike" on the 21st CB tour :lol:

Ok. Is that what he says in when I come around live in stockholm? I was never sure what he said there. Thats the version on the stuck with me single.

I the stuck with me single version, it sounds like "I dont have an account, no money down. " i'll have to listen to it again

Okay. He says How now brown cow, but what does he say after that?