Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

In Holiday I always thought it was 'Bang bang goes a broken grandad/Kill all the fags and DONUT CREAM!' I happily sang those lyrics to myself for a long time before I asked my best friend what relevance donut cream had to the song! Now every time we see Green Day play live we shout those words during Holiday. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mystery

East jesus nowhere: The actual lyrics: In the church of wishful thinking.. my version: in the church of lushotology. She: Actual lyrics: are you feeling like a social tool without a use? my version: Are you feeling like a social drool without a ute? Strange :mellow:

I remember thinking that the line from city of the damned went "city of the damned, at the end of another love song and..." which turned out to be "at the end of another lost highway"... i still think the love song one would actually be a really cool lyric for something else lol

t the end of Panic Song I hear what he says as " I wanna drop out" but what does he actually say??

Panic song:

"There's a flag inside of me" instead of "There's a plague inside of me"

"Liquid Faith" instead of 'Limp with hate"

I honestly don't know why I don't question whether they are the real lyrics, when they clearly make no sense :lol:

HAHAHAHA. At this point, I'm wondering if you're making them up (jk). Lol. Too much.

I suck at Rotting

I always thought it was:

I'm so sick of death

The truth in my head

Whisper: "Are you dying in my hair?"

:unsure:

Suffocate:

"Where's my armour? Donot lend a hand" instead of "Where's my organ donor? Lend a hand"

Just figured that one out today because I knew those lyrics were wrong but it did make the song alot more interesting :happy:

No!!! It's mania? :o

I've always thought it's mania in "Don't want a nation under the new mania," and media in "Don't want a nation controlled by the media."

Of course, I think he sings "alienation" in one verse and "alien nation" in another. Which makes perfect sense to me.

The twist here is that Billie doesn't always sing the lyrics exactly as they're written. We all know that, right?

I used to think that in coming clean billie sang "skeletons coming out of my closet" instead of "come to life in my closet," but i read most of the lyric books anyways, so this usually doesnt happen to me

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT THE SAME EXACT THING UNTIL LIKE LAST WEEK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxs_xGQ94Gg

have you guys seen this?

O My god this is greatness. I think this person needs to do more of these!

Redundant: "Choreographed and lack of passion".... I always said, " Call me a grouch with a lack of passion", and that somewhat works too since Redundant is right after The Grouch

I haven't posted here in forever :ermm: This thread has been fucking hilarious though! I always get GD lyrics wrong though, up until yesterday I thought Billie sang "...and I just want another cigarette" in Murder City, when it's actually "..I just wanna bum a cigarette" :o

WTF. Just when I think it can't get any funnier. It's odd how the lyrics that "I" hear so clearly can be so easily misinterpreted. I realize that it's the same for others, hence I in quotes. :) FTR. I think besides WTP, FOD was Green Day's first perfect song.

IKR? xD But I've read some here that I've never mistaken, and I don't get how on earth I keep hearing "CHICKEN" xDDDD My guess is that Green Day has a thing for subliminal birds. Y'know, the ducks in minority, the chicken in fod... who knows where we can find a swan? :lol:

(coffee makes me high, sorry)

And Today I heard my brother singing Know Your Enemy: "Do you know the Emily?, Do you know your Emily? Well, gotta know the Emily, rah ah" :lol:

He's only 7, so yeah, I guess that's what his ears hear. idk. :lol:

My cousin sings with his "perfect" english "don't wanna be an american idiot! chanananananananananana" :lol:

I always thought "this life like dream ain't for me" was "his wife like Tre ain't for me".

LMFAO!! THAT ONE GOES TO MY SIG xD

In Holiday I always thought it was 'Bang bang goes a broken grandad/Kill all the fags and DONUT CREAM!' I happily sang those lyrics to myself for a long time before I asked my best friend what relevance donut cream had to the song! Now every time we see Green Day play live we shout those words during Holiday. :thumbsup:

Now I want a donut :lol:

t the end of Panic Song I hear what he says as " I wanna drop out" but what does he actually say??

If I recall correctly, he says "jump out".

Hahahaha, guys I love your mishearings <3

English is not my first language, so I heard so many times someting different instead of Billies real words... But nothing as funny as "donut cream" or "his wife like Tre ain't for me" <--- that one is just perfect.

Hahahaha, guys I love your mishearings <3

English is not my first language, so I heard so many times someting different instead of Billies real words... But nothing as funny as "donut cream" or "his wife like Tre ain't for me" <--- that one is just perfect.

From what song is the "donut cream" one? :lol:

From what song is the "donut cream" one? :lol:

:lol:

And I forgot that when Know Your Enemy came out, I sang the "ra-hey" part or whatever as "raw ham." I was singing it in the car one day and I was like "Do you know your enemy RAW HAM!" My family was confused :pinch:

hahhaa I thought I was the only one!

Who was the genius person who first thought of the RAW HAM thing in Know Your Enemy? Ever since I first heard that on here, that's how I've sung it. As far as I'm concerned that's the official lyric now.

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT THE SAME EXACT THING UNTIL LIKE LAST WEEK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxs_xGQ94Gg

have you guys seen this?

:woot: I WAS JUST COMING IN HERE TO POST THAT! I remember it was one the first things I saw on GDC when I first joined. I loved it then and I love it now. Watch lima, ahhhhhhh :lol:

Who was the genius person who first thought of the RAW HAM thing in Know Your Enemy? Ever since I first heard that on here, that's how I've sung it. As far as I'm concerned that's the official lyric now.

speaking of singing the songs in the wrong way, now I sing "SOMEBODY TAKE MY PANTS, I THINK THEY'RE FALLING OFF" because of this thread :lol:

thanks for setting me straight on that one! i've been singing it wrong for years

i love this new thread! i'm learning so much.....

Wait... It's not "fucking only along for the ride"???

Jebus,

SOME PEAR!

anyways.....RB has made me discover a bunch of more things I got wrong.....in Homecoming, "bearing gifts and drugs" apparently isn't 'drugs'....I kind of forgot what it is. But it isn't drugs....I could've sworn it was drugs, haha. Along with about a billion other things.

SOME PEAR!

anyways.....RB has made me discover a bunch of more things I got wrong.....in Homecoming, "bearing gifts and drugs" apparently isn't 'drugs'....I kind of forgot what it is. But it isn't drugs....I could've sworn it was drugs, haha. Along with about a billion other things.

i think is "trust". Now that I think about it, I knew the entire lyrics of JOS and Homecoming, and I can't remember the words for longview xD

SOME PEAR!

it is "bearing gifts and trust"