Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I always thought in East Jesus Nowhere it was "like a dog that's beside a mine field" =/

don't know why though lol

I used to think it was "like a dog that's beside of my leg" lol

I always thought that in christie road it goes.. smoked my bordom gone, slapped my brain cells away... insted of slapped my brains up so high

and I guess he hears it the same way because he used to sing it the way live on the dookie tour

THAT'S WHAT HE SAYS?!

I thought he said, "slapped my brain cells around." HA.

and in 80, I thought he said, "But you turn all red and I end up talking to myself." instead of "But you turn your head and I end up talking to myself"

I thought that made sense cause the previous lyric was "If anyone can hear me slap some sense into me."

and I was like, "Oh, of course...you got slapped so hard that you turned red. Okay. That makes perfect sense." :lol:

Homecoming was the worst for me, before i bothered to look up the lyrics. i misheard so many words and phrases in that song.

Dry Ice always got me confuzed.

In stead of "come ease the pain thats in my heart"

I first thought it was "the needles of pain thats in my arm"

then "come ease the pain thats in my arm"

I thought dry ice was a drug :pinch: haha

I heard of someone who thought that the lyrics in holiday "I beg to dream and differ", were actually "i beg to tree man dipper"

Oh, I always thought in Give Me Novicaine, Billie Joe said " Jimmy says its better than air"

and that somewhat works.

>.> he doesn't say that?! :blink:

they changed some lyrics in the musical, so it fits the story :thumbsup: For example, in the musical Johnny sells his guitar to buy a ticket home, and on the Special Edition it says that Whatsername borrow him money.

I'm talking about the picture that is under the pair of teeth in Malory's post. Those notes in that liner are pretty much word for word what Johnny says when he's speaking to Mom in a fantastic scene in the musical that I forgot about. It also contains that line about what he'll "amount to" and I've been trying to remember what exactly that line was for a month. :)

Oh, I always thought in Give Me Novicaine, Billie Joe said " Jimmy says its better than air"

and that somewhat works.

wait...that's not what he says? then what is? :wacko:

wait...that's not what he says? then what is? :wacko:

Jesus. Now I feel like I'm being fucked with. I always thought it was "air" as well and then one day I thought it was "better than here" and I thought that was correct.

Anyway, just to be sure, I just checked like 3 lyric listings that all have it saying "air". So, it's fucking air. HAHAHA. Unreal.

Jesus. Now I feel like I'm being fucked with. I always thought it was "air" as well and then one day I thought it was "better than here" and I thought that was correct.

Anyway, just to be sure, I just checked like 3 lyric listings that all have it saying "air". So, it's fucking air. HAHAHA. Unreal.

That's what I thought.. on the cast album they changed the line to "Johnny says it's better than here" to fit the story/perspective but on the ablum "Jimmy says it's better than air" makes sense.

and that somewhat works.

It reallyyy sounds like it! I only realised it says 'here' whilst listening to the cast album

EDIT: just read the above posts, so it is air? haha

I can't stop laughing. The shit written here could be a good coffee table book. Well that is if you happen to know every lyric, of every song that Green Day has every made. Hahaha. I think we are a minority of the population. Good, because I wanna be a minority. <-- wow, that was contrived sounding, even though it actually was organic.

It reallyyy sounds like it! I only realised it says 'here' whilst listening to the cast album

EDIT: just read the above posts, so it is air? haha

LMFAO

Now I think about it, i probably misheard nearly the whole of scattered..haha.

"All the songs of Billy Ray's"

"Get my muck from outerspace"

"Forget the past and present"

Oh god in homecoming, where do I start? haha

"Please call me Ollie" (I thought it made sense, you know his mum and everything.. :pinch: )

"Where'd you come from, what is your pain"

"Do you think what you need is a grudge"

"Go carts and gun concentration, they will fair in the summer heat"

"Please call me Ollie" (I thought it made sense, you know his mum and everything.. :pinch: )

BAHAHA! I love it.

To this day, it's hard to understand "Take Back." :pinch: I can't even begin how hard it is to hear at times.

oh my god :lol: :lol:

where did you hear this? :lol:

oh my god :lol: :lol:

where did you hear this? :lol:

At the beginning when he says "Please call me only if you are coming home" aha :D

At the beginning when he says "Please call me only if you are coming home" aha :D

:lol: now I'll giggle every time I'll listen to Homecoming

You are a wealth of laughter. Jesus. HAHA.

SIDE SPLITTING. HAHAHAHA

:lol: now I'll giggle every time I'll listen to Homecoming

my work is done :shifty: haha

(Pulls out AI CD booklet.....) "Jimmy says it's better than here."

Unofficial lyrics sites which have it as "air" instead of "here" are <BZZZZZT!!!> wrong.

We must ask Billie Joe if it's 'air' or 'here' :eyebrow:

Personally I've always thought It was;

'Jimmy says it's better than air'

like.. drugs are better than air. I thought he meant that :pinch:

I heard of someone who thought that the lyrics in holiday "I beg to dream and differ", were actually "i beg to tree man dipper"

• Like 1

Way too many of these to list, as BJ says things kindda funny sometimes...

Nice guys Finish Last:

I always thought is said "press your pick up in my brain and tell me I'm insane" instead of "pressure cooker pick my brain"

I was also shocked to see that in the rock band version it says the lyrics are something like:

"nice guys finish last, you're always an outcast" instead of "you're running out of gas"

Now I don't know which is correct, but "running out of gas" is how it shows here on the GDA, so I'm going with that as it is how I have always said it.