Shenanigans

captain peroxide

I bought Sweeney Todd just to see Anthony Stewart Head, so you're not alone.

...I mean, it was a great movie and I loved it, but the only thing that really spurred me on to buy it was him, and he was only in it for...oh, fifteen seconds, if that.

And to the chicks saying "Maria" and "Poprocks and Coke," you're thinking of International Superhits!, babes.

they're included here :o

wait, where do I comment about J.A.R.? :lol:

and MARIA = :wub:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they're included here :o

wait, where do I comment about J.A.R.? :lol:

and MARIA = :wub:

Oh, duh. Way to read the original post, Biba. *facepalm*

My sister wants Haha You're Dead played at her funeral :lol:

I like the way your sister thinks :lol:

Yes but International Superhits doesn't have a thread of its own, and it says in the pinned thread that those songs are to be discussed here.

she stole my idea xD

it's a brilliant idea :D there wont be too many tears during that...

i have a simple question? WHY NOONE LIKES SHENANIGANS? :cry: i know is not the best album but the song are great!

Espionage, Suffocate, Dont wanna fall in love, On The wagon, Rotting. You Lied ... i think suffocate is amazing ... all the Green Day song are amazing :lol:

and i know almost all the song are covers or bsides but that really matters?

please, tell me im not the only person who love Shenanigans xD

I concur. D:

I can't see why people don't like it.

I love this album.

Suprise, suprise...

:rolleyes:

I concur. D:

I can't see why people don't like it.

I love this album.

Suprise, suprise...

:rolleyes:

exactly. shenanigans rocks :happy:

its for sure under rated. i love scumbag. related to that song way too much throughout my life

and as for these songs not being on the albums....i dont think its that the songs "arent good enough" to put on the albums, i just dont think some of the songs really go with the flow of the album. or maybe the songs are just some random tune that bille decides to write down for the hell of it.

its for sure under rated. i love scumbag. related to that song way too much throughout my life

and as for these songs not being on the albums....i dont think its that the songs "arent good enough" to put on the albums, i just dont think some of the songs really go with the flow of the album. or maybe the songs are just some random tune that bille decides to write down for the hell of it.

most of shenanigans comes from nimrod, where they had recorded like 40 songs. So there was, literally, not room for them there :lol:

oh i also really like Do Da Da, how could i forget that? :wub:

Shenanigans as an album is probably the most disjointed.. i think because all the songs are b-sides they just dont run smoothly together and the album has no feel to it.. But in say that somehow having 14 very different sounding songs makes this albums very interesting..

I love Suffocate, Desensitized, Haha you're dead, scumbag.. and ofcourse DUI :lol:

And then there is Maria, Poprocks & Coke and J.A.R..... There are no words to describe my love for these songs.. :wub:

I absloutely love J.A.R.... as sad as it is i think its a very hopeful song..

I absloutely love J.A.R.... as sad as it is i think its a very hopeful song..

oh shit, i forgot that one too, i keep forgeting songs.

^ concur

favorite part in J.A.R.:

gotta make a plan, gotta do what's right, can't run around in circles if you wanna build a life

but I don't wanna make a plan for a day far away. While I'm young and while I'm able all I wanna do is...

I love the way Billie and Mike sing those lines together, and I love the meaning of those simple words: "I'm young, I can't do whatever I want, what do I have to chose something specific right now? I don't even know what the hell I want". I really identified with that part of the song during last year, when I was with the huge doubt between doing what I should've done (going to biologic elective) or doing what I wanted (going to humanist elective), even if I wasn't sure that that's what I wanted. I ended up doing the second one :happy:

I also laugh because Billie sings "You know that I know that"

:lol:

i love JAR with a passion. that song means a lot to me.

when they played JAR at the concert last summer, i almost creamed my pants. lol it was amazing to see that song performed live. more than i could ask for :D

^ concur

favorite part in J.A.R.:

gotta make a plan, gotta do what's right, can't run around in circles if you wanna build a life

but I don't wanna make a plan for a day far away. While I'm young and while I'm able all I wanna do is...

I love the way Billie and Mike sing those lines together, and I love the meaning of those simple words: "I'm young, I can't do whatever I want, what do I have to chose something specific right now? I don't even know what the hell I want". I really identified with that part of the song during last year, when I was with the huge doubt between doing what I should've done (going to biologic elective) or doing what I wanted (going to humanist elective), even if I wasn't sure that that's what I wanted. I ended up doing the second one :happy:

I also laugh because Billie sings "You know that I know that"

:lol:

Its because of these lines that i think its a hopeful song.. Its like you said its saying yeh we need to probably make a plan for our life but we have no idea what we want to do.. so lets just life the way we want and see what happens..

exactly :wub:

I just love when Mike write songs :wub:

Shenanigans is good :), i really love I Wanna Be On TV and Don't Wanna Fall In Love, i also really like Poprocks and Coke :wub:.

Me too!!

exactly :wub:

I just love when Mike write songs :wub:

Probably the wrong place to say this but when i totally agree i absloutely love Pulling Teeth.. (wrong thread though)

Probably the wrong place to say this but when i totally agree i absloutely love Pulling Teeth.. (wrong thread though)

(but mike didn't write pulling teeth... and it's my least favorite song xD)

(but mike didn't write pulling teeth... and it's my least favorite song xD)

i Though he did.. its about a pillow fight he had with girlfriend where he ended up with a broken something (i forget what)..

OK definitely wrong thread discussion.. SORRY..

edit: Ok just found out it was written by Billie about Mike's pillow fight....and all this time i thought it was written by Mike.. i still love that song though

I facking love Shenanigans. I could do without 'I wanna be on TV' and 'Tired Of Waiting For You' but I love all the rest of the songs. Especially 'Desensitized' and 'Suffocate'.

oh i also really like Do Da Da, how could i forget that? :wub:

How can anyone forget Do Da Da? Awesome song...!

Very underrated in my opinion. Should have been on Insomniac...!

And also: it deserved a better tittle than Do Da Da.

You're not the only one...I absolutely LOVE Shenanigans :D . All of their B-sides are so amazing and sometimes I wonder why some of them aren't in the albums.

Absolutely, I agree 100%.

Yet another reason why GD is so great: even their B-sides and covers are frickin good :thumbsup:

I mean, how many other bands do you know whose B-sides you can keep listening to?

This album is pretty average but thats the idea right? All of the tracks are sub-par b-sides that were left off other albums. That said it's still enjoyable and an easy listen. I love Suffocate, You Lied, Espionage and Ha Ha You're Dead. Apart from that though I'm not really fussed about the rest.

I love this album!! :woot:

I only got it recently, but it's one of my favourites.

Yes but International Superhits doesn't have a thread of its own, and it says in the pinned thread that those songs are to be discussed here.

That we have in common :lol:

And all my belongings shall go to whoever has the guts to do it! :P

Archived