American Idiot

captain peroxide

I'm still in a love/hate relationship with WMUWSE. I mean, it's a great song, but it got played the fuck out where I'm at. So Idk. There are times I like it, and times I can't stand it. But that's just me.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with everything you just posted above me. I never thought of Holiday like that (in fact, it's the song that I've least looked into. I always just thought it was JOS finally out of the house, enjoying the shit out of his time out before all of that lonliness just finally hits him with BOBD). Very smart, you've inspired me to look back into it. haha

And the part in Letterbomb that always gets me is "You're not the Jesus of Suburbia, the Saint Jimmy is a figment of your father's rage and your mother's love. That made me the idiot America". I'm glad they emphasized on this in the cast album, it hit HARD. haha to me it's like the ultimate CLIMAX in the story where JOS is like, "well, shit". It's pretty much the Fight Club of this album. lol

Lol and yes I love that part in Letterbomb! I love how it brings everything together. It's really climactic and seems like everything should be coming to a close, which it kinda does with WMUWSE with things slowing down, but then it's like BAM and we get Homecoming and Whatsername! :woot:

And I agree with the posts above. WMUWSE is the song that really got to me. Then BOBD, and now I can't stop listening to the entire album. Absolutely love it. I honestly don't know what my life would be like without it.

not counting JOS and homecoming (idk, i feel like they stand out and i can't compare them to the rest), my favorite songs off AI are letterbomb and whatsername. i wish they played those live...

I know, I agree with you Whastername. I'd just die if they played either of those live at a show I'm at XD

Can anything compare to how epic Jesus of suburbia is?

I love this abum and I loved American Idiot tour! - The concert was just amazing! I can't chose one favourite, but 'Give Me Novacaine' and 'Jesus Of Suburbia' is definetly some of my favourites!

American Idiot is FLAWLESS!!!! It was my first Green Day album and it got me into Green Day.

My favorite songs on AI are Letterbomb and Jesus Of Suburbia. :thumbsup:

Still my favorite, it's what made me love Green Day, so it'll always be special to me. It's just a fantastic album, I love every song.

Man..this is defenatly one of their best! just asking..the 1st time anyone saw the video clip for "Jesus of suburbia" did anyone kinda feel a little sick when he slit is palm to put a handprint on the wall? or was it just my friend and i...? :rolleyes:

my mother stole my American Idiot CD so she can listen to it in the car. now she tells me that she lost it. OMG i wanted to punch her so bad! but AI is only like $10 now so its all good... but still.. :dry:

Man..this is defenatly one of their best! just asking..the 1st time anyone saw the video clip for "Jesus of suburbia" did anyone kinda feel a little sick when he slit is palm to put a handprint on the wall? or was it just my friend and i...? :rolleyes:

The first time I saw it, I was like oooh..eh *wince*

Not really in a sickening type of way, but just ow. XD

my mother stole my American Idiot CD so she can listen to it in the car. now she tells me that she lost it. OMG i wanted to punch her so bad! but AI is only like $10 now so its all good... but still.. :dry:

That sucks! Well now she owes you an American Idiot CD ;)

I love this album. best song on it has gotta be Give Me Novacaine. Not sure what it is about that song, but it's really moving.

I also love Homecoming, Whatshername and St. Jimmy. For some reason im not too in love with the more popular/radio played songs. Oh well :)

I thought it was a pretty gross video at first.

This album changed my life. It was the album that really got me to be obsessed about Green Day. I loved them before, but this made me want to make sweet love to them. :eyebrow:

American Idiot is the first time I connected with music. The music video for the title track came out and I was instantly hooked at the age of 13. The loud, raw guitars and green paint and the sense of rebellion made me excited about music for the first time in my life. Needless to say, they have been a HUGE impact on my life and the way I write and perform my own music.

I thought it was a pretty gross video at first.

I actually hate the video for it. I honestly can't stand music videos when they dont show the band play the song much. I know its not a good reason, but it's my preference.

If somebody told me I can bring only one album with myself on deserted island, American idiot will definitely be the one!

Enough said!

If somebody told me I can bring only one album with myself on deserted island, American idiot will definitely be the one!

Enough said!

What if you could only bring one thing and not just an album? :eyebrow:

(I agree with you though :lol: )

Don't be mad at you mom for having a good taste in music :woot:

What if you could only bring one thing and not just an album? :eyebrow:

(I agree with you though :lol: )

Lol, made me thinking...

But it is deserted not silent island, and since silence is the enemy and an album is still a thing it would be still American idiot (considering there was a cd player ... iPod then :bunny: )

Lol, made me thinking...

But it is deserted not silent island, and since silence is the enemy and an album is still a thing it would be still American idiot (considering there was a cd player ... iPod then :bunny: )

I like how there are so many transitional songs like holiday flows right in to boulevard of broken dreams. I just love this album and many others!

It's American Idiot that brought Green Day to me...Perhaps many people think American Idiot is their best album, but I think it hard to say because I almost love all their songs and it will be hard for me to choose if you ask me what are their best songs or what is their best album. However, I fell in love with Green Day's music after I listened to the Amercian Idiot album. So this album is really special for me!

American Idiot is awesome. I shall add many words to appreciate it but actually I can't find a right word to express my feelings and thoughts. It's really hard to say. I just want to say, the songs in this album touch me inside, they affect me. They're so beatiful. The album is about some feelings that are hard to express. It's about some emotions, it's about rage and love, hatred and grief. It's about Billie and all of our's lives. But when I heard the songs, "I'm the son of rage and love, the Jesus of Suburbia...And there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be..." I thought "OMG, that's what I want!" It's a great album, it opened a new world to me. I found something that is really beautiful...Now I can't live without Green Day's music!

I love all the songs in this album. I won't choose a favourite...It's so hard! :)

I've been so tempted to just buy this album again. I never got a hold of the special edition with the book included, so this might be the opportunity for me to do so....

Archived