American Idiot

captain peroxide

best green day album :) after this one, i started listening to real music.....

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love more American Idiot :wub: 21stCb is the best GD album but AI is just :wub:

American Idiot is great, but I have 2 words: Overplayed and Overrated.

I have to disagree! Overplayed, I think to some degree but overrated no way!

I feel like it changed modern rock music for the better and broke through that disgusting pop rock of the time. You can even see on this thread how many people became, for poor lack of the better word, concious about not only the music they were listening to, but the world around them after the release of American Idiot. I'd like to see any other artists that have recently released an album even attempt to have their music affect their audience like AI did. I think it was a monumental album in music history and not at all overrated!

AI got me into Green Day, at the time my favourite bands were Feeder and Nickelback and I had started to get bored of them so I was glad when I heard of Green Day through AI. My favourite songs off AI are Whatshername and Wake me up When September Ends.

Although I liked Green Day alot before AI I became a totally crazy fan when I heard "Boulevard of Broken Dream " my 2 sisters and I loved it so much. I still remember the day we bought AI we ran in the door and blastd it my brother hated it now the CD's scratced :cry:, but he does not know I made tons of copies :D . I also remember buying alot of posters once one fell out at my dad's friends house and he had to hide it from his kids who hated Green Day when we got it back it was a bit smashed but we still have it hanging up and everytime his kids came over we would wear all our Green Day stuff and talked about GD it pissed them off :D . American Idiot is an amazing album I love each and every song on it!!!

Holiday live is the best ever !! and jesus of surburbia is amazing !!

I got the Jesus of Suburbia and Boulevard of Broken Dreams singles in the mail today! Now my American Idiot singles collection is complete!

My fav album :wub:

If I had to pick fav tracks, they would be JOS and Homecoming

... and St. Jimmy

... and Letterbomb

... and Whatsername lol

American Idiot was the first Green Day song I ever heard. Now, six years later Green Day are all I think and talk about. But before Green Day I'm ashamed to say that I listened to bands like Westlife :sick: Now I despise them and pop music altogether. Green Day got me out of that shitty phase I was going through and changed the way I think. Thank God for American Idiot.

I've only just got back into really liking AI again, it really did get overplayed and my dad likes to play WMUWSE & BOBD on repeat and i spent the whole of yr 8/9 in school learning WMUWSE on keyboard with a bunch of chavs that took the piss out of AI and it drove me insane to the point when i stopped listening to half the songs on AI. Never thought that would happen. Looking back on it now, i don't know how i stopped liking it its such an amazing album.

My favourite song of AI has to be Homecoming or Whatsername :happy:

This was the album that got me into Green Day, and I gotta say it's a friggin' ridiculously good album. My tops are definitely Whatsername, Letterbomb, J.O.S, and Are We The Waiting. All the others are great, but I just get sooo into the music whenever those songs come on. Tre, Billie, & Mike became like gods to me with this record. I'm curious as to if they could ever top it.

I love this album so much...with it I started listening to Green Day, so I0m thankful about it with the record :D

gius, I don't jnow if this is the right section of the forum to ask, but, can someone tell me where can I find the song "shout"? I love it and I was just wondering if there's some studio version of it...hope you can help me :D

Where will all the Martyrs go when the virus cures itself? And where will we all go when it's too late.

I fucking love this part of Letterbomb. The way he sings it is just perfect. It really felt like he was singing from his soul at that moment.

Hands down their best work in my opinion. I've never heard anything like it <3

I love this album, but because of the radio i cant stand the singles from this album anymore!!!

Ok...soo I wanted this album for soo long and I finaly got it last Christmas. I listen to that cd ever day. It's like my lifeline and...as much as i hate to say it....everyone else in my house hates it becasue they hear it so much. I even got the Broadway version yesterday and it is amazing...i love it....I love Green Day <3 lol?

I LOVE this album!!!!!! The lyrics are amazing and it's a really great album that i'm sure a lot can relate 2 (like me)!!!!! My favorites off this album are probably Jesus of Suburbia(especially City of the Damned and Dearly Beloved), Letterbomb, Whatsername, HOLIDAY, Boulevard of Broken Dreams...................yeah I don't really have a favorite some are just better than the other(s) at some parts..................... :dance:

My favs of this album are Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday, St. Jimmy, and She's a Rebel

best rock opera ever

one of the best albums EVER

This is the album that made me fall in love with them. I've always heard their songs on the radio wayyy back when, but when i heard HOLIDAY for the first time, i fell in love. Holiday is wat did it for me to follow them close forever and ever. Holiday is my favorite song on the album and of their entire collection, American Idiot is superb and catchy, and Homecoming along with JOS rock the world with their mini rock operas

This is a good album, and there is only one song from this CD that I do not like, and that's Homecoming.

This is a good album, and there is only one song from this CD that I do not like, and that's Homecoming.

My curiosity has spawned. Why do you not like Homecoming?

American Idiot is a really amazing album. It's probably my favorite judging by how I love every song on the album. I can play BOBD on guitar. My favorite song on the album is either Holiday, Letterbomb, BOBd, or Whatsername.

This album introduced me to Green Day :D When I got it Holiday and Boulevard were my favorite songs, now it's Letterbomb and Whatsername heh.

Archived