American Idiot

captain peroxide

I was crying like a fucking baby, it was so ~emotional. The latter just really reminded me of my concert and how much I love Green Day. I'm such a sop.

I'm honestly glad to hear that I'm not the only one that this happens to. I get this jittery surreal kind of feeling that usual ends up in me bawling. :happy:

But for me American Idiot just changed me forever. I can't think of an album that made me think about who I am and where I am going more than AI.

Because of the affect it actually had on me, AI will forever be the album I hold dearest. Every time I listen to the album I feel like I'm re-reading my favourite book. Just everything about AI makes me so incredibly happy and makes me feel like I belong somewhere.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God. I listened to Wake Me Up When September Ends and Boulevard Of Broken Dreams from Bullet In A Bible at about 2AM last night. I was crying like a fucking baby, it was so ~emotional. The latter just really reminded me of my concert and how much I love Green Day. I'm such a sop.

The first six notes of Wake Me Up really make me tear up. It's a really beautiful song.

Wake me up when september ends makes me cry to, reminds me of my grandad

She's all alone again

Wiping the tears from her eyes

Some days he feels like dying

She gets so sick of crying

just when he says crying. I. Love. It!

Yes. For some strange reason, this song kinda takes my breath away. :wub:

I love his voice and how so much emotion is in this song.

And sometimes it makes me cry...I'm not gonna lie.

I forgot how much I love Wake Me up When September Ends.

I think this is my third favorite Green Day album.

I had heard Good Riddance, When I Come Around, American Idiot and Boulevard of Broken Dreams, but I never owned one of their albums. I bought it in March 2005, my sophomore year of high school. I'll just always remember hearing JoS for the first time. I was blown away. I had never heard anything like it, and I just fell in love with the album and, subsequently, the band.

I adore every single song on the album.

I probably listen to this album more than any other at the moment. Just epic. Not a bad song.

Yes. For some strange reason, this song kinda takes my breath away. :wub:

I love his voice and how so much emotion is in this song.

And sometimes it makes me cry...I'm not gonna lie.

yeah it makes me cry sometimes too, its not like my favourite song, but i just feel there is so much emotion in it, and if it catches me on the wrong day then thats it i'm in tears, i do find it amusing sometimes though that billies voice actually has the power to reduce me to tears...:wub:

I just realized I love the way Billie sings "dis" in "disturbed" in the Dearly Beloved part of Jesus of Suburbia.

that was a bit random. But it really sounds awesome.

I'll post how much I love this album later, not in the mood for that now so I won't be able to squeeze anything decent out, but I just wanted to post my little discovery in the appropriate thread.

And September..... well there's a SOTW thread for me to ramble about that one but I looovelovelovelovelovelove that song. :wub:

I'm the daughter of Rage and Love.

I am :mad:

I love playing St. Jimmy on guitar :) Anyone else agree? Especially the part after he says "I'll give you somethin to cry about!" Its perhaps my fav song on the album :D

[quote name=anita nerd much :)' date='01 May 2010 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1272673491' post='3787846]

Some people think its strange that my favourite song on this is Whatsername! I thinks its an epic song!! J.O.S is my 2nd favourite! I love them so much. I had been listening to Green Day for about 2 years before American Idiot and out of all their songs I had listened to, those 2 were the first ones that kinda...sounds cheesy but, they were the first ones that kinda hit me y'know? I felt I could really really relate to them... Anyone else feel the same?? :happy:

I love playing St. Jimmy on guitar :) Anyone else agree? Especially the part after he says "I'll give you somethin to cry about!" Its perhaps my fav song on the album :D

when i play St Jimmy on the guitar my hand ALWAYS die :lol: but i feel so good when i do it @____@

when i play St Jimmy on the guitar my hand ALWAYS die :lol: but i feel so good when i do it @____@

I dunno how Billie Joe does it live. No wonder he lets someone play a song live :P

My hand has pretty good endurance, its Jesus Of Suburbia that gets me when he sings the part "Well I, leave behind, this hurricane of fuckin lies"

In cliche terms, I'll say what everyone else (or a majority) has; I absolutely adore this album and it really introduced me to Green Day. Sappy as it sounds, Whatsername gets to me a lot, because I look back and it's like "It's just not going to happen again. It's really the end of American idiot." I think it really brought Green Day into the mainstream at the time. I mean, I couldn't go in a store without seeing them plastered over every magazine. It's just phenomenal, and I'm glad they're reinventing it in some way with the musical. Plus, the music videos for it are some of my favorites. I absolutely adore Jimmy in Jesus Of Suburbia, and I actually like Whatsername quite a lot. It feels like you go through an emotional roller coaster with those two throughout the entire thing. It ends on a "positive note", but also kinda on a somber one if you really think about it.

(Sorry, are mentioning videos okay this section since it's about the album?)

(Sorry, are mentioning videos okay this section since it's about the album?)

i'm sure mentioning videos are fine, since they are related to the songs off the album :)

I love american idot and the story behind the album is awesome I like it

well i have to say i dont have a fave album cause they are all freakin amazing!!! but i think imma go with American Idiot probably because, it was my first Green Day album and i started liking them in this era!!!!! wooot! :woot:

Being honist I never heard of greenday before American idiot.And to this day (to me int he uk) is what broke them into mainstream sucess. Still remeber seeing the video for "American idiot" and thinking wow. Next day i bought the album which I still have today.

Personally the album is awsome and the best songs being " Jesus of Suburbia", "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and "Wake me up when septemeber ends" At times its good just to stick the album on and listen and just relax.

When angry or upset I love to listen to music and thats my way of dealing with certain things. American idiot (Cheese alert) being one of my cures =)

Great album

Green Day is great and American Idiot set the bar for good music in today's world. Yet they exceeded that bar with 21st Century Breakdown.

Does everyone like this better or worse than 21CB? I can't decide...

it's freaking awesome !

one of my favorite Green Day albums that's for sure.

Their best album! I think this should be the 2nd Dookie :)! But it's even better than Dookie :)

i find it amazing it's only sold for $10 in new zealand. being the best fucking album in the whole of musical history, it should be over 100 bucks lma0. even if it was, i'd still pay for it. my faves are give me novacaine, jesus of suburbia, homecoming and are we the waiting. loved them so much, i made a facebook account called Giveme Novacaine, and with that account I made a fan page for Are We The Waiting. :dance:

Best album ever!!This album was the reason to know and love gd!!I ve listened to it over a 1,000 times.I don't know.I love every single song.I know how to play JoS on guitar and it's absolutely perfect.. :D

Archived