American Idiot

captain peroxide

this album got me into green day. i can't put into words how much i love the fact that this album exists.

people say it's a shit green day album, and it's not as good compared to some of their other stuff, but there isn't a song on this album that i would skip.

are we the waiting and letterbomb are my favourites.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Except replace Are We The Waiting with Whatsername.

How even.. ?

IKR

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except replace Are We The Waiting with Whatsername.

Agreed. Whatsername is my favorite song off this album, it's an awesome closing song (?)

Agreed. Whatsername is my favorite song off this album, it's an awesome closing song (?)

I love it. It's just so powerful. And it will always hold a special place in my heart due to my username.

the bit in homecoming that begins, "here they come marching down the street.." (i think it's we're coming home again but i'm not sure) is probably one of my favourite parts of the album.

homecoming came on shuffle today and i kept skipping back just to hear that bit. <3

How even.. ?

I don't know, just when I listen to all the albums through, this is the one I want to do again last. I love this album, and it was my first Green Day album so it was over-played when I was little which might be the reason I'm not so fond of it now.

the bit in homecoming that begins, "here they come marching down the street.." (i think it's we're coming home again but i'm not sure) is probably one of my favourite parts of the album.

homecoming came on shuffle today and i kept skipping back just to hear that bit. <3

I also really love that part :lol: I don't really know why though xD

This album means so much to me, it may not be my favourite album but it really means so fucking much. The album was the first green day album i heard, and got me into green day, but some of the songs on there have got me through so very bad times, without this album i have no idea where i would be now, though i think i am 99% sure that i would be in a graveyard somewhere (yes it really did help me though some insanely bad times, a few of those times involved being suicidal). I love this album to bits but yeah its not my favourite though every song means something to me.

American Idiot-First song i heard which involved me staring at the TV going "Who. Is. THAT? *drool*"

JOS-my mum loves to sing this to me and my dad loves to quote it at people

Holiday-for some reason the memory of holiday always reminds of the day i bought International Superhits...probably cos the day i say the holiday video was the day i bought it!

BLVD-reminds me of seeing green day live for the first time...billie split his pants to song before and he came back on and said "I split my pants", then tied his shoelaces on stage and them asked "did anyone see my balls?" ahhhh good memories

are we the waiting/st jimmy-these songs saved me from myself

novacaine-reminds me of my mate and a guy she had a one night stand with called Jimmy

....yeah i can't be bothered explaining what the rest of the songs mean to me, but you get the idea... :D

and my fave song is Letterbomb (and its the most played on my ipod!)

i love the AI video...because i too drooled.

:lol: is there a video for that lol XD

there is somewhere i'll see if i can find it :)

EDIT:

BLVD after he split his trousers

and if you want to see when he split them...its when he holds his arse runs up tres podium thing and shouts oh shit (just after he does the splits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JvyFT-IRmY

haha it was awesome...and then on the 31st (the night after) he told everyone that he split his pants the night before, amazing! Love it!

the bit in homecoming that begins, "here they come marching down the street.."

Yeah! I :wub: that part.

She's all alone again

Wiping the tears from her eyes

Some days he feels like dying

She gets so sick of crying

just when he says crying. I. Love. It!

I love how in an interview about the musical BJ said something about this album being his "baby". I don't know...I just have like, so much respect for him that he made this album. People reviewing the musical are saying that American Idiot doesn't have a good story, but I really think it does. I guess the plot isn't TOO crazy, but just the way that the lyrics describe it is so fucking good. I love this album so much and besides it really getting me into Green Day, it changed my life.

Letterbomb and Whatsername. I will never get tired of those two songs. I can't even begin to describe how much I love those two songs. <3

god i love this album. i remember the day i heard about it. i was watching cartoons (i was like, 6) and i heard this awesome guitar sound on TV. I looked and the screen and saw a bunch of guys with green liquid all over them playing what i later found out was American Idiot. It then said Green Day- American Idiot, and before the commercial could end, i was on the computer downloading that song.

My favourites on this album are Holiday, Letter Bomb and St Jimmy.

there is somewhere i'll see if i can find it :)

EDIT:

BLVD after he split his trousers

and if you want to see when he split them...its when he holds his arse runs up tres podium thing and shouts oh shit (just after he does the splits

haha it was awesome...and then on the 31st (the night after) he told everyone that he split his pants the night before, amazing! Love it!

I always knew this would happen someday... and there you have it...! lol

I fucking love this album...like you have no idea.

This was the first Green Day album I brought and it changed my life.

I was really going through a hard time in my life and I didn't know if life was actually worth it anymore but then,

I listened to this album and it actually saved my life. I shall always be grateful for this album.

I could listen to this all day long and never get tired of it [i actually listened to it all day one time.]

Jesus of Suburbia was...and kinda still is my theme song to my life.

I am in love with Whatsername and it's my favorite song off of American Idiot.

It closes the album beautifuly and it's so powerful and...beautiful. :wub:

I can go on and on but, every song describes my life perfectly and will always be my favorite Green :happy: Day CD.

I'm from the American Idiot Era, it was the first album I bought with my own money :cool:

at the begining I couldn't understand the lyrics but now I'm so fucking in love with this album, I mean,it changed my entire life and point of view.

"Jesus of suburbia" is the most perfect song you'll ever listen, it seems like I have the same feelings and that's a bit strange and awesome at the same time.

I'm the daughter of Rage and Love.

I fucking love this album...like you have no idea.

This was the first Green Day album I brought and it changed my life.

I was really going through a hard time in my life and I didn't know if life was actually worth it anymore but then,

I listened to this album and it actually saved my life. I shall always be grateful for this album.

I could listen to this all day long and never get tired of it [i actually listened to it all day one time.]

Jesus of Suburbia was...and kinda still is my theme song to my life.

I can go on and on but, every song describes my life perfectly and will always be my favorite Green :happy: Day CD.

exactly the same as me. everything you said...apart from mines st jimmy not JOS and whatsername isn't my fave, that woul be letterbomb, but everything else describes me perfectly

Derp, how could I forget this? I love songs like this and American Eulogy. Mike/Tre singing is so cool.

Same here! :)

She's all alone again

Wiping the tears from her eyes

Some days he feels like dying

She gets so sick of crying

just when he says crying. I. Love. It!

There's so much emotion in his voice in this song <3

I can't listen to just one song from this album at once, well I can -but it's so much better when you listen to the album in its entirety :wub:

There's so much emotion in his voice in this song <3

yeah there is, i think thats why i love it so much :wub:

:thumbsup:

also my favourite..you just can't beat it :wub:

Guest x-Green Day-x

The first ever song I heard from Green Day was "Jesus Of Suburbia" which everyone knows is from this album.

So without American Idiot, I would not be the Green Day fan that I am today :):wub:

Guest dar89ren

I've totally fallen in love with the section of homecoming with the acoustic guitar when Billie goes:

Somebody get me outta here!

Anybody get me outta here!

Somebody get me outta here!

Get me the fuck right outta here!

AHHHHHH so far away... I don't wanna stay... Get me me outta here right nowwowwww! Just wanna be free... Is that a possibility... Get me outta here right nowwwwwwowwww, owwwwwwowwwwww, owwwwwwwowwwww, owwwwwwwowwww! This life, like, dream, ain't for me!

SOOOO GOODDDDD :D :D :D :D

American Idiot is definitely the best Green Day album after Dookie...Songs like Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday and Wake Me Up When September Ends are really beautiful...

Oh God. I listened to Wake Me Up When September Ends and Boulevard Of Broken Dreams from Bullet In A Bible at about 2AM last night. I was crying like a fucking baby, it was so ~emotional. The latter just really reminded me of my concert and how much I love Green Day. I'm such a sop.

The first six notes of Wake Me Up really make me tear up. It's a really beautiful song.

Archived