American Idiot

captain peroxide

aw :happy:

with whatsername, back then i didnt, but now it's really, maybe this is a bit OTT, but it's like a punch in the gut. i totally know how it feels now. i adore it. that and give me novacaine, they're like my two little lullabies :lol:

no thats not over the top, its what i was trying to say without sound like a total cheese ball :whistle

a bit sad but i'm gonna say it anyway..the amount of times i've cried listening to both these songs is uncountable...

is that even a word?

:lol:

and they always make me feel so much better + less stressed out. Those songs feel like they've been written just for you and thats what makes for an epic song....god i'm sad :mellow:

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^nope, it's about right too! :lol:

another amazing thing about the guy: how can his lyrics touch all of us? :wub:

Ah, American Idiot. This is what got me into Green Day. <3

My favorites from this one are Homecoming, JOS, Holiday, and Letterbomb. I love Rock n Roll Girlfriend (I wish Tre would sing more, he has an awesome voice!)

Trés voice = :wub:

He really should sing more :cool:

Ah, American Idiot. This is what got me into Green Day. <3

My favorites from this one are Homecoming, JOS, Holiday, and Letterbomb. I love Rock n Roll Girlfriend (I wish Tre would sing more, he has an awesome voice!)

Rock and Roll Girlfriend :wub: Tré's voice is so great and i love when he sings because is not common...:wub:

LOL 1,360 post

^nope, it's about right too! :lol:

another amazing thing about the guy: how can his lyrics touch all of us? :wub:

He's the rare type of celebrity that actually gives a shit about his fans and will sing/write about relatable things. So he's not gonna conform to all the other shit musicians out there and sing about sex and getting drunk in every song...although Im aware that they have a fair share of songs about masterbation...but we're talking about Green Day here and they can do whatever the fuck they want :thumbsup:

just realised i called Billie a celebrity...i dont really see him as one though....he's like ma homie or somethin' :cool:

[quote name=anita nerd much :)' date='01 May 2010 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1272674479' post='3787890]

He's the rare type of celebrity that actually gives a shit about his fans and will sing/write about relatable things. So he's not gonna conform to all the other shit musicians out there and sing about sex and getting drunk in every song...although Im aware that they have a fair share of songs about masterbation...but we're talking about Green Day here and they can do whatever the fuck they want :thumbsup:

just realised i called Billie a celebrity...i dont really see him as one though....he's like ma homie or somethin' :cool:

One of the best albums of gd!!! :wub: the first album song i ever heard was BOBD! i fell in love with the song, and this brought me to green day! It's really an amazing album!!!

:lol: he gets me a lot better than most people, that's for sure :thumbsup:

and i want to quote that on my profile :lol:

QUOTE AWAY M'DEAR...quote away :thumbsup:

[quote name=anita nerd much :)' date='30 April 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1272673491' post='3787846]

Some people think its strange that my favourite song on this is Whatsername! I thinks its an epic song!! J.O.S is my 2nd favourite! I love them so much. I had been listening to Green Day for about 2 years before American Idiot and out of all their songs I had listened to, those 2 were the first ones that kinda...sounds cheesy but, they were the first ones that kinda hit me y'know? I felt I could really really relate to them... Anyone else feel the same?? :happy:

one of my favs :wub:, i really like Jesus Of Suburbia and Holiday :wub:. those are my favs, i also like Homecoming.

JOS and Holiday!! :wub::wub: :wub: i love those songs!!! gonna listen to them right away :D

im obssesed with Extraordinary Girl thanks AI musical cast :lol:

Ooo... Such a good album!!

im obssesed with Extraordinary Girl thanks AI musical cast :lol:

they do such a good job on it!!! :wub: :wub:

[quote name=anita nerd much :)' date='30 April 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1272675433' post='3787926]

they do such a good job on it!!! :wub: :wub:

[quote name=anita nerd much :)' date='01 May 2010 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1272675041' post='3787907]

QUOTE AWAY M'DEAR...quote away :thumbsup:

Homecoming is just :wub:

and i love that part too but my favorite is "Jimmy died today,He blew his brains out into the bay, In the state of mind in my own private suicide"

and nobody likes you!

Those lines are really Mind Blowing!! :wub: love 'em!!

Homecoming is just :wub:

and i love that part too but my favorite is "Jimmy died today,He blew his brains out into the bay, In the state of mind in my own private suicide"

and nobody likes you!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

ikr? ^^

:eyebrow: :thumbsup:

letterbomb is just the shit and whatsername....its just a musical orgasm :eyebrow:

yes, i did just say that

[quote name=anita nerd much :)' date='30 April 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1272674479' post='3787890]

AI WILL COME TO THE WEST END!!

dont see it coming to Ireland, but sure as hell, if it gets that close I'll swim :lol:

i havent obviously seen it performed, i know what part it plays alright, but i love the way Favourite Son sounds on the cast album.

same!! :D i love how they kept it punk rock, but fits like a glove into the whole broadway musical scene!! ONLY GREEN DAY CAN DO THIS SHIT AND DO IT SO BEAUTIFULLY :thumbsup:

oh and if and when american idiot comes to the west end, i'm gonna go see it as many time as possible! :D

I love this album, it's so powerful... I can't even put it into words.

My favourites are Jesus Of Suburbia, Whatsername, Homecoming and Letterbomb.

There isn't a song I don't like on this album.

This. :)

I can easily say this album changed my life. The way it makes me feel it's just, indescribable.

Every time I listen to the album in whole it feels like I'm reading a novel that is just so raw and that connects with me on so many levels.

Homecoming and Are We The Waiting hold places in my heart.

"The JOS is a lie" makes me get the shivers every time I hear it.

This album is the album that got me to love Green Day the way I do. It'll always have a special place in my heart.

My favorite songs are Whatsername, Letterbomb, Homecoming, Are We The Waiting and JOS.

But there isn't a song I don't like.

:wub:

Archived