Warning

captain peroxide

I love how people hated this album and now people love it. I feel like the same thing is going to happen with the trilogy :P

I love how people hated this album and now people love it. I feel like the same thing is going to happen with the trilogy :P

There are still many people who hate it, they just didnt post in that thread. :P

But still hope more will like the trilogy though

Definitely in my top 3 Green Day albums. There isn't a single song on this album that isn't worthy of praise. I think it's nice to hear the guys on a more toned down album, and as everyone else says, Warning is underrated. (Though based on the number of people who seem to think that way, perhaps it's not.)

In a dilemma of posting it in this thread, where it's likely to not get noticed, or to post it in here, and doing that will bump the thread in General which is probably annoying for the mods.. I'll just post it here.

I never noticed that in Fashion Victim, at 1:36 when Billie goes "All right yeah!", there is a whistle/cat call type of thing in the song. I just heard it and was like whaaaaaaaaa how did I never hear that ohmy.gif

Also, Warning is a great album wub.gif

Although my CD is a bit fucked up, sometimes it gets stuck sad.gif

You're not alone....wtf was that? haha

Waiting has to be my favorite song on Warning

Warning will always be one of my favorite GD albums! How it sold so little I don't understand. The singles Warning, Minority, Waiting, Macy's Day Parade, all kicked ass in my opinion, so it should have done better than it did, which is like 3rd lowest if I remember right.
Whenever I'm not in a Green Day mood, it's Warning that puts me back into it xD

Nice piece of work. It felt kind of strange after such a powerful album like Nimrod. Felt like the band wanted to retire.

No heavily distorted guitars, no swearing (except for minority), "only" 12 songs.

In interviews they looked like old, laid back and retired family men. But the album is actually really really good. It was my favourite. Songs like Church On Sunday or Blood Sex and Booze are Green Day classics to me.

But it was thanks to Warning that AI hit the scene like it did in 2004.

Well...then 21st CB gotta be the Insomniac to AI (Dookie).

So with Uno, Dos, Tre we're at NIMROD right now and next is...another Warning! :-D

Nice piece of work. It felt kind of strange after such a powerful album like Nimrod. Felt like the band wanted to retire.

No heavily distorted guitars, no swearing (except for minority), "only" 12 songs.

In interviews they looked like old, laid back and retired family men. But the album is actually really really good. It was my favourite. Songs like Church On Sunday or Blood Sex and Booze are Green Day classics to me.

But it was thanks to Warning that AI hit the scene like it did in 2004.

Well...then 21st CB gotta be the Insomniac to AI (Dookie).

So with Uno, Dos, Tre we're at NIMROD right now and next is...another Warning! :-D

If I remember it was supposed to be their last album because they weren't sure if they wanted to continue as a band.

• 3 weeks later...

I like "Warning" so much, for me It's a great album, different from all the others.Handsome lyrics.. and I just love the harmonica.

It took me a while to really appreciate this album, but I'm glad I finally came around to it :D

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I know, but it's just funny to see three pages of people saying it's underrated but they love it.

and the 'glitch' in COS, I actually like it a lot, haha.

I was watching some concert videos on YouTube, and they played the "glitch" on every occasion, so it's definitely intentional.

• Like 1

I maintain that someday a critic who never bothered much with warning because of poor commercial success will sit down and listen to the album and realize what a masterpiece it was. I think it was just ahead of its time and just like Gatsby wasn't big until after Fitzgerald died, it may take some time, but I think Warning will be viewed as a masterpiece. The musical and lyrical maturity and beauty on this record is just too much to go unnoticed forever. I really hope one day I walk in on my son or daughter jamming to castaway lecturing me on one of the best albums from 'old school' rock n roll.

• Like 2

I really hope one day I walk in on my son or daughter jamming to castaway lecturing me on one of the best albums from 'old school' rock n roll.

If that happened I'd totally go in and jam with him/her :lol: My favorite album ever

When my MP3 is on Green Day shuffle (which it is every day), Minority makes me smile every single time it comes on. I love Warning, I can listen to it over and over again without ever getting bored. BTW what "glitch" in Church on Sunday? Am I being thick?

When my MP3 is on Green Day shuffle (which it is every day), Minority makes me smile every single time it comes on. I love Warning, I can listen to it over and over again without ever getting bored. BTW what "glitch" in Church on Sunday? Am I being thick?

It has an intentional 'fuck up' in it.

I remember I didn't like Warning the first time I listened to it 'cause it's not a typical GD album, in my opinion. But the more I listen to, the more I like it (the only Green Day album which does this). I don't consider Warning as a masterpiece (subjective way, it stays as one of my least favorite album) but this really good music, really good songwriting & good lyrics.

I think Warning is a masterpiece. And I can't believe it is this hugely underrated.

What fuck up are you talking about?

Well, you'd need to listen to Church on Sunday. I don't remember when exactly, but that song has a fuck up in the instruments right before the chorus at some point.

Well, you'd need to listen to Church on Sunday. I don't remember when exactly, but that song has a fuck up in the instruments right before the chorus at some point.

I listened to it for the fourth time in a row and I didn't spot anything :pinch:

I think Warning is a masterpiece. And I can't believe it is this hugely underrated.

It's not a fuck up, it's supposed to be like that..

What fuck up are you talking about?

It's in the last minute, at about 2:50. It sounds like a glitch because it's the only one out of all the times they repeat the chorus that that play it that way. The melody for "Church on Sunday" gets changed by BJ, and Mike and Tre copy that different tune.

It's in the last minute, at about 2:50. It sounds like a glitch because it's the only one out of all the times they repeat the chorus that that play it that way. The melody for "Church on Sunday" gets changed by BJ, and Mike and Tre copy that different tune.

That's not a fuck up that's just a variation

• Like 1

That's not a fuck up that's just a variation

I know. I never said it was - I was just quoting others.