Warning

captain peroxide

I love listening to this album while cleaning or when Im on a road-trip or something . . !

IDK why everyone doesn't like this album more, i think its got a lot of different styles on it.

One word.

MINORITY

This song has impacted my life in such a big way. I can't thank the band enough for it.

this album is so under rated and I have no idea why. Its a freaking masterpiece, the thing is you can see the transistion starting, you can hear the start of what will become the instruments and style they start using in American Idiot. It's the bridge musically between their "old stuff" and "new stuff" why it seems to be forgotten as a record I don't know. I have to say it is one of my favourate there are so many songs on it I can relate to. Deadbeat Holiday being a big one, reminds me of long boring stupid summers in my home town. Just a fantastic album. Everything about it. Gah its amazing <3

one of my favorite albums... definately has a different pace than the other ones.

in fact I plan on getting "Live Without Warning" tattooed on me this summer :wub:

Thank ya sir strike up another ~mandolin~ of ~discipline~ :wub:

only Billie would think to rhyme those two words... :lol:

my favorite album. I never understood why it was so underrated when it was released. The bass line in castaway is just freakin awesome. fashion victim and minority :)

soooo underrated. probably my second favorite after dookie.

and, seriously, the video for warning is the best thing, like, ever.

I love Warning i think together with Dookie one of my favourite albums =)....could listen to it all day.....

especally Minority is such a great song...but also Castaway or Church on sunday (i could list almost all of them as my favourites.....)

as many others i'm suprised it was so underrated....

This album is so underappreciated. It's easily one of my favorites from the band other than American Idiot (personal opinion). It just seems like they knew they were kind of in a slump so they just made the music that they felt like making at the time. It's real and it's catchy as fuck. lol

Yeah, Warning is underrated! It's such a great album! I don't know why, but it always makes me so happy! :D

this is my favorite GD album at the moment.

The best songs IMO are:

Warning, Castaway, Minority and Jackass!! :woot:

WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too under rated and under appreciated. MISERY and CASTAWAY. Single handedly the best songs ever written.

I love Warning sooooo much! Waithing is my song, it seems to me that I always wait around :rolleyes:

And how can I forget how guys were cute at the time :wub:

This thread is for discussion of Warning, both the album as a whole and all the individual songs as well.

Green Day's best album, in my humble opinion.

I thought Warning was a good album compared to other band. But compared to Green Day it was horse shit. There was only a few songs I love off of this album Minority, Warning, Waiting and Castaway. Everything else in just seems like fillers to me like a Lit album. Not to piss off anyone that loves the whole album, I just didn't enjoy it that much.

I thought Warning was a good album compared to other band. But compared to Green Day it was horse shit. There was only a few songs I love off of this album Minority, Warning, Waiting and Castaway. Everything else in just seems like fillers to me like a Lit album. Not to piss off anyone that loves the whole album, I just didn't enjoy it that much.

Its just not to some peoples taste, but I don't think any fan can deny the importance of the album, if you listen to warning and American idiot right after each other you can hear bits of warning creeping in, with the way the songs are structured as well as the range of instruments on both albums. If anything I'd say it might not be the best but it is the most important album musically, it starts to show the transition and the growth in them as musicians. Without that I can not see American Idiot of happening.

If anything Warning is the start of a long period of experimentation that lead to American idiot.

Warning isn't the best, but it breaks away from the classic Green Day mould of pure punk-pop. They tried new styles and it was a brave experimental album with classic tunes ;)

Favourite: Deadbeat Holiday, Hold on ;)

Its just not to some peoples taste, but I don't think any fan can deny the importance of the album, if you listen to warning and American idiot right after each other you can hear bits of warning creeping in, with the way the songs are structured as well as the range of instruments on both albums. If anything I'd say it might not be the best but it is the most important album musically, it starts to show the transition and the growth in them as musicians. Without that I can not see American Idiot of happening.

If anything Warning is the start of a long period of experimentation that lead to American idiot.

I agree with you. I also hear a HUGE Warning influence in 21st Century Breakdown. It has that raw, real sound that's evident on Warning and American Idiot. If you listen to the elements, they all came from this experimental album. Unfortunately it just seems to be their least popular....

I agree with you. I also hear a HUGE Warning influence in 21st Century Breakdown. It has that raw, real sound that's evident on Warning and American Idiot. If you listen to the elements, they all came from this experimental album. Unfortunately it just seems to be their least popular....

YEY someone agrees =D

Acually if you listen to Peacemaker and Castaway the songs are very similar in regards to how they are constructed. You can hear the influence punching you in the face.

ooo this is my favorite album, especially the song Minority)) :dance:

Is it just me or is Macy's Day Parade the perfect rainy day song?

I was thinking that today my self, I was sat on the bus on the way to work and it was raining and it came on my iPod.

I always think that Warning is my least favorite album, til I actually listen to it, then once I listen to it, Castaway and Macy's Day Parade make my day

YEY someone agrees =D

Acually if you listen to Peacemaker and Castaway the songs are very similar in regards to how they are constructed. You can hear the influence punching you in the face.

Maybe that's why I love that song so much o_0

haha

Nah, but a lot of their songs have that sound in it....I can't think of it now, but isn't there a song on there that also sounds like Deadbeat Holiday? It might be the second Viva la Gloria song, but I don't have access to their music right now. Haha It also might be Jackass....again, I'm at a loss right now... I am ashamed *finding nemo shrimp voice*

Edited by uhleckseee