Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Warning

248 posts in this topic

Posted

I know. I never said it was - I was just quoting others.

Hehe :happy: I never said that you said it was either :lol: The real fuck up is the first 4 seconds of Good Riddance :P

Posted

Hehe :happy: I never said that you said it was either :lol: The real fuck up is the first 4 seconds of Good Riddance :P

Kind of on a tangent, but in August when I went to see Coldplay. They got about a minute in, and then completely messed up the order of the verses in Paradise. Chris Martin immediately yelled "Fuck,

we're doing this again!" so I got to hear an extra minute of concert and experience a very rare slip-up by a major band. :happy:

1 person likes this

Posted

This fuck up everyone is talking about is in the final chorus when Billie sings chu-urch on Sunday because the drums breakdown I think. But it sounds intentional to me or at the very least they played it recovered and liked how it sounded.

Posted

This fuck up everyone is talking about is in the final chorus when Billie sings chu-urch on Sunday because the drums breakdown I think. But it sounds intentional to me or at the very least they played it recovered and liked how it sounded.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier: they play it that way live too, so it's not a mistake.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oops, what have I started! I know what you mean now...I always thought that was deliberate, yet a bit odd. One of my fave songs ever.

Posted

Oops, what have I started! I know what you mean now...I always thought that was deliberate, yet a bit odd. One of my fave songs ever.

Yeah, I also think they wanted the song to sound that way :) I love Church On Sunday

Posted

Church on Sunday is so cool and catchy!

Posted

One of my favorites.

Posted

I love Church on Sunday, too, especially it's lyrics, they are perfect, they describe exactly how a relationship should work, it should be based on compromises, respect and faith in each other.

Posted

I think this is the album I feel most "meh" about, but I still really like it. There are definitely some great songs on it for sure.

Posted

Warning is one of my favorites, The songs are very catchy and always put me in the best humor!!! My favorites songs are Waiting and Minority, but i love the hole album :happy:

Posted

This album is my favourite GD album for sure. I love how much the acoustic guitar is incorporated in the songs. They really should do this more often. Hmm, let's see. My favourite songs would have to be Blood, Sex & Booze, Misery, Waiting, and Macy's Day Parade. But out of those, my overall would have to be Macy's Day Parade simply because of the meaning and the instrumentals. Like I said, I really love it when GD does acoustic stuff. This song along with Words I Might Of Ate, first half of FOD, Hold On, Peacemaker are perfect examples.

Posted

I really love Misery, it's so awesome :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Posted

My favourite Green Day album of all time!!!

I especially love Misery, Jackass, Waiting & Fashion Victim :happy:

Posted

I was watching some concert videos on YouTube, and they played the "glitch" on every occasion, so it's definitely intentional.

Glitch? in Church on Sunday? Oh wow, the past 13 years I've always believed my copy was scratched.........epiphany!

Posted

I pretty much like all of green day songs there's some that I'm not keen on like nightlife, but warning is by far my favourite.

Posted

October 3 marks the 14th anniversary of the release of Green Day's Warning.

... and the 25th anniversary of German reunification... ;)

2 people like this

Posted

... and the 25th anniversary of German reunification... ;)

... and Mean Girls Day.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love Warning! It's up there with AI, Nimrod and Dookie for me. I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before. It was the second album I bought, only after American Idiot. I love it because the songs are so different, but they're still so good. Maybe because I'm in to music that's a little experimental and strange, it was just really exciting to have one of my favourite bands produce a record like this.

It's also got one of my favourites on it - Castaway. As well as Minority, Deadbeat Holiday, and Misery. They're all so good!

2 people like this

Posted

Posted

Best gd album. I can listen to it whenever unlike some albums where I kinda have to be in the mood. The songs are just fun, catchy songs and there's not a bad one here

2 people like this