Warning

captain peroxide

• 10 months later...

Minority was the first song I heard from Green Day! I love this era of the band as it was the time I got Into them! It's my favourite album :) love Warning :)

Waiting is one of my favourite Green Day songs. It pissed me off that it received very little airplay during the time it was released as a single. 

• Like 2

Happy Birthday, Warning! 17 years ago today!

I was 14 when it came out, I actually called my local record store the night before the release date asking if they had it yet and they did! I went down and bought it and felt so cool that I had it early

• Like 3

Warning era chubby Billie :wub::wub:  The first Green Day album I listened to as a whole roughly twelve years ago now,  still (and because of that) my favourite :happy: Happy birthday, going to celebrate by reading through this thread lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Warning era chubby Billie :wub::wub:  The first Green Day album I listened to as a whole roughly twelve years ago now,  still (and because of that) my favourite :happy: Happy birthday, going to celebrate by reading through this thread lol

Wrong thread :lol: I know where you need to be............

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jengd said:

Wrong thread :lol: I know where you need to be............

I'm trying this thing called seeing other threads... admittedly with mixed results :P

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

I'm trying this thing called seeing other threads... admittedly with mixed results :P

It's ok, we understand, you feel the need to try new things but the pull back to your natural habitat is strong :D

• Love 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

It's ok, we understand, you feel the need to try new things but the pull back to your natural habitat is strong :D

Spoiler

Correction: chubby Billie's gravitational pull is too strong :ninja:

• Haha 2

i waiting on line at 6am at a tower records to buy warning and score tix they were selling to the roseland show. mannnn good times.

So over the last week I've been watching Warning era interviews and live shows on youtube, I really like this one:

I'm a gear nerd and I found this interview interesting. Warning is when Billie changed his guitar sound, he said he was developing a lot of superstitions around Blue, I wonder what they were!

guitarworld6.jpg

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Yesssss I love this thread!!! I agree with everyone that loves every song. I think this is one of the only albums ever that I never skip a song. It’s hands down my favorite GD album!

• Like 1

Such a great record, and so underrated at the same time. Warning is my Top 2 of Green Day Records.

Hard to believe this record will turn into 18.... and it was the first Green Day release I waited for.

Probably my least favourite album, i don't like the overall sound especially the guitars.

For example Minority is a good song but i never listen the album version, live it's so much better.

Sometimes i like to play Castaway and  Deadbeat Holiday on guitar and the Warning video is one of my favourite behind maybe only the Walking Contradiction one.

Warning is green day’s ‘Pinkerton’ album. Everyone hated it upon release but has grown a cult following over the years. 

At a time where nu metal was mainstream and wave of new pop punk  bands were coming through, green day were bold enough to tone it down and soften their edges. Brilliant album, only warning and hold on I tend to skip. 

For some reason, I cannot stand Church on Sunday. Its a great song, it sounds good, lyrics are good, vocals are good. I just always groan when it comes on and press skip and i have no idea why :x

• Sad 2

• 11 months later...
On 10/7/2018 at 2:06 PM, Albelint said:

Probably my least favourite album, i don't like the overall sound especially the guitars.

For example Minority is a good song but i never listen the album version, live it's so much better.

Sometimes i like to play Castaway and  Deadbeat Holiday on guitar and the Warning video is one of my favourite behind maybe only the Walking Contradiction one.

I agree with minority so much better live