Warning

captain peroxide

I know. I never said it was - I was just quoting others.

Hehe :happy: I never said that you said it was either :lol: The real fuck up is the first 4 seconds of Good Riddance :P

Hehe :happy: I never said that you said it was either :lol: The real fuck up is the first 4 seconds of Good Riddance :P

Kind of on a tangent, but in August when I went to see Coldplay. They got about a minute in, and then completely messed up the order of the verses in Paradise. Chris Martin immediately yelled "Fuck,

we're doing this again!" so I got to hear an extra minute of concert and experience a very rare slip-up by a major band. :happy:

• Like 1

This fuck up everyone is talking about is in the final chorus when Billie sings chu-urch on Sunday because the drums breakdown I think. But it sounds intentional to me or at the very least they played it recovered and liked how it sounded.

• Like 1

This fuck up everyone is talking about is in the final chorus when Billie sings chu-urch on Sunday because the drums breakdown I think. But it sounds intentional to me or at the very least they played it recovered and liked how it sounded.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier: they play it that way live too, so it's not a mistake.

• Like 1

Oops, what have I started! I know what you mean now...I always thought that was deliberate, yet a bit odd. One of my fave songs ever.

• Like 1

Oops, what have I started! I know what you mean now...I always thought that was deliberate, yet a bit odd. One of my fave songs ever.

Yeah, I also think they wanted the song to sound that way :) I love Church On Sunday

• Like 1

I love Church on Sunday, too, especially it's lyrics, they are perfect, they describe exactly how a relationship should work, it should be based on compromises, respect and faith in each other.

I think this is the album I feel most "meh" about, but I still really like it. There are definitely some great songs on it for sure.

Warning is one of my favorites, The songs are very catchy and always put me in the best humor!!! My favorites songs are Waiting and Minority, but i love the hole album :happy:

This album is my favourite GD album for sure. I love how much the acoustic guitar is incorporated in the songs. They really should do this more often. Hmm, let's see. My favourite songs would have to be Blood, Sex & Booze, Misery, Waiting, and Macy's Day Parade. But out of those, my overall would have to be Macy's Day Parade simply because of the meaning and the instrumentals. Like I said, I really love it when GD does acoustic stuff. This song along with Words I Might Of Ate, first half of FOD, Hold On, Peacemaker are perfect examples.

• Like 1

My favourite Green Day album of all time!!!

I especially love Misery, Jackass, Waiting & Fashion Victim :happy:

I was watching some concert videos on YouTube, and they played the "glitch" on every occasion, so it's definitely intentional.

Glitch? in Church on Sunday? Oh wow, the past 13 years I've always believed my copy was scratched.........epiphany!

I pretty much like all of green day songs there's some that I'm not keen on like nightlife, but warning is by far my favourite.

• 1 year later...

October 3 marks the 14th anniversary of the release of Green Day's Warning.

... and the 25th anniversary of German reunification... ;)

• Like 2

I love Warning! It's up there with AI, Nimrod and Dookie for me. I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before. It was the second album I bought, only after American Idiot. I love it because the songs are so different, but they're still so good. Maybe because I'm in to music that's a little experimental and strange, it was just really exciting to have one of my favourite bands produce a record like this.

It's also got one of my favourites on it - Castaway. As well as Minority, Deadbeat Holiday, and Misery. They're all so good!

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Best gd album. I can listen to it whenever unlike some albums where I kinda have to be in the mood. The songs are just fun, catchy songs and there's not a bad one here

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Always always going to be my favourite. Musically and lyrically, I prefer 21CB and listen to it a lot more, but Warning is so special to me. It's nestled in a part of me that's too strongly connected with a wistful nostalgia from when I first discovered the band after American Idiot and started that wonderful first foray into the discography of a band you love too hard to express in words. This was the album that made me realise I was probably going to stick by this band for real, that it wasn't going to just be one of those teenage phases that you grow out of.

• Like 2