Nimrod

captain peroxide

again, love every song :lol:

it may sound a clichè but Hitchin' a Ride is probably my favorite off this album.

and Uptight is just amazing

HITCHIN' A RIDE!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I've always loved these lyrics from Worry Rock:

"Where do we go from here, and what did you do with the directions. Promise me no dead end streets, and I'll guarantee we'll have the road"

My favorites off of this album are probably Scattered, Worry Rock, Walk Alone, Haushinka, and Prosthetic Head.

My favorite Green Day album, all hands down.

I think my favorite song off here is The Grouch. Probably just because it describes me so well xD Most of it, anyway

"Oh my god I'm turning out like my dad! I'm just a grouch sitting on my couch, the world owes me so fuck you" :lol:

Definitely my favorite Green Day album. I love Platypus (I Hate You), simply because it describes my hatred for this one guy I know. :whistle

The rest of my favorites are King for a Day, Haushinka, Hitchin' a Ride, The Grouch, Last Ride in, Prosthetic Head, and Worry Rock.

By Far my Favourite Green Day Album.. i started listening to Green Day after Nimrod was released and it was songs on that album that got me into Green Day and a whole new genre of music i never realized existed..

I can not pick any favourite songs on here because i love each and every single song on that album.. (ok my least fav is Last ride in just coz it gets a bit boring listening to the same music along over and over but i love the video though)..

I think there is an interesting contrast between Insomniac and Nimrod that just makes you go :woot: when you listen to them in a row.. :wub:

"Oh my god I'm turning out like my dad! I'm just a grouch sitting on my couch, the world owes me so fuck you" :lol:

poetry, pure poetry :lol:

I Hope You've Had the Time of Your Life

Hey Mister, where you headed?

KING FOR A DAY

****HEAD, ****FACE, **** SMOKING,

MOTHER****ING, ASS****, DIRTY ****,

WASTE OF *****, I HOPE YOU DIE hey!

The only words that can describe this album, are "Awesome", "Masterpiece", and "lolwut did he just say?!?!?!?!? GROUNDED!"

Edited by dragoninforcer

i don't know why but i think this is really my favourite album of all.. :wub:

even if i love them all, but nimrod has something the others don't i guess..

Also, i've always seen Walking Contradiction as a song that belongs on this album. For some reason the quirkiness of it fits in. Thoughts?

Yes, I feel exactly the same. It just seems to fit more on this album than on Insomniac.

My favorite Green Day album for sure.

Platypus (i hate you) is a great song to listen to when i'm pissed off lol.

And Prosthetic Head is probably my favorite song off of that album.

And who could forget Good Riddance :wub:

i don't know why but i think this is really my favourite album of all.. :wub:

even if i love them all, but nimrod has something the others don't i guess..

though Nimrod is not my favorite album, i thought about it too! Nimrod has something special in it!!! just don't know what that is!!

Good ol' Nimrod! I love it. Only song i dont like much on it is take back, besides that i love every song on this album, i can't choose a fave, its very close between Uptight, All The TIme, Good Riddance and Scattered.

My order of preference of the albums changes so much but this always remains either at the top or second depending on my mood :D

IKR... wonder what would my teacher do if she asks for a poem in english and I pass this :lol:

No one has ever said 'fuck you' on such a melodic tune before :D

Honestly, who can sit still during this song and restrain him-/herself from singing along? That melody kicks ass.

Hitchin' a Ride introduced me to the awesomeness that is known as Green Day!

I think my avatar and sig. say it all. This was my very first GD album, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

I love Nimrod so much. Good Riddance, The Grouch, Worry Rock, Prosthetic Head, King For a Day.... that list could go on and on. Obviously this is one of the best albums they've ever made.

nimrod is an awesome album, it is full of epic songs, i love it

"Having the 'time of my life' watching the clock tick all the time

Where did all the time go?"

Again, great lyrics because they are scarily accurate. How many thursday afternoons have I spent willing the clock to hit 3.30, and now the year's passed already! I also love how he links the lines together to emphasise that the future is here before you know what's hit you. I think Green Day brings out my future phobia :happy:

My 2nd least fav. GD album

Its still good thought,but it has Jinx.....

:o Love Jinx! Bad luck is hangin' around you...

Yes, I feel exactly the same. It just seems to fit more on this album than on Insomniac.

:blink: yeaahh! wow you're right you know

This is the album and era that really got me hooked on Green Day. It was the perfect music for my age, 16/17 at the time and full of the emotions expressed in this album.

No one has ever said 'fuck you' on such a melodic tune before :D

Honestly, who can sit still during this song and restrain him-/herself from singing along? That melody kicks ass.

noone. The Grouch is an hymn for this generation... I mean, who hasn't found him/herself sitting in a couch doing absolutly nothing, but complaining about how bored life is?

(if you've never found yourself in that, please, don't tell me, or I'll get depressed :lol: )

I have no idea why, but I don't seem to like this album much.

I love a lot of the songs in this album but I very rarely listen to the album as a whole.

And does anyone else have the Orange version, with Suffocate, Do Da Da, Desensitized and You Lied?

I think that this album was the first step for Green Day to start changing their music and to get where they are now...I love almost every song in it.My favs are Hitchin A ride and Good Riddance...