Nimrod

captain peroxide

This is fast becoming my new favourite album. I'm so insanely obsessed with All The Time right now, it's madness. I'm singing it ALL the fucking time (no pun intended) and it gets me so pumped and yeaaaaaah...new favourite song.

I'm glad to see Haushinka get so much love! It may be my favorite song on the album. Hell Nimrod in itself may be my favorite.

Nimrod is Green Day's masterpiece for me. There are many songs, many styles (Pop Punk, Ska, Country ballad, Instrumental, Punk Rock, etc). My favorite songs are The Grouch, Redundant, Worry Rock, Platypus, Nice guys finish last, Reject and Prosthetic head.

this is probably my fav GD album. i love the tracks scattered and hitchin a ride!! :runaround:

This is one of my favourite Green Day albums (well this is because it's impossible for me just to pick one favourite!) because it's just full of amazing songs. To be honest, there's not really a song on it that I don't like! I've got too many favourites on this album too. Just to name a few... All The Time, Scattered, Haushinka, Redundant...and of course Hitchin' A Ride! :dance:

i really like the dark humor throughout the album. songs like king for a day, worry rock, prosthetic head, nice guys finish last, and even platypus make me giggle. i listen to the album when i'm sad and need a pick me up.

This is fast becoming my new favourite album. I'm so insanely obsessed with All The Time right now, it's madness. I'm singing it ALL the fucking time (no pun intended) and it gets me so pumped and yeaaaaaah...new favourite song.

I went through a phase where I listened to All the Time constantly. That riff is so catchy!

I love Nimrod. I didn't care for it much at first, but it grew on me a lot. Hitchin' a Ride was probably the first song I really liked from it. Other ones I like a lot are The Grouch, Redundant, All the Time, Worry Rock, Uptight, Last Ride In, Haushinka, Reject, King For a Day, Good Riddance and Prosthetic Head. Yes, I just named most of the album. XD It's awesome how there are so many tracks yet they're all so good.

Today I listened to this album for the first time in a while. I completely forgot how amazing it is.

Just....everything about it is so....I don't even know :lol:

I've always adored this album as there's is such a mix of styles, but this year its been the soundtrack to my summer.

I love rediscovering a love for one of the albums and its certainly kept me going through some long hours at work. :dance:

Before Warning this was actually very experimental for Green Day. I love this, there is a lot of different types of music on this album. I don't really like these singles very much. I'm not a big fan of Hitchin' A Ride, or Good Riddance (I don't hate them), but I love Redundant, and Nice Guys Finish Last. Pretty much every other song is beast.

Noticable songs : The Grouch, Scattered, All The Time, Playtapus (I Hate You), Haushinka, Worry Rock, Prosthetic Head and probably many many more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

My favorites out of this album are: Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin' A Ride, Redundant, Scattered, All The Time, Worry Rock, Platpus (I Hate You), Jinx, Haushinka, Reject, Take Back, King For A Day, Good Riddance, and Prosthetic Head. :banana:

i bought this album last sunday. OH BOY! I'M STARTING TO LOVE THIS ALBUM.

REDUNDANT FTW!!!

Am I the only one who doesn;t like King For a Day? :lol:

It seems so bland and the other instruments don't appeal to me :P

Really loved this album, especially Reject... I dunno, I can just really relate to it.

And I just found this smiley! ----> :eyebrow:

Reminds me of the part of the Bookmobile interview on Rockband when Billie's like "And thats when we got the Bookmobile! :eyebrow:"

When did I start talking about this? It's completely irrelevant.

Every song in this album has so good melody and I love that they have mixed styles. It's hard to choose fav song 'cause they all are very good, but I think i like most The Grouch, Worry Rock, Uptight, Scattered, King for a day and good riddance :)

I don't like Haushinka so much... don't know why

I love Nimrod! My favorite songs are The Grouch, Reject, Prothetic Head, Platypus (I Hate You), King for a Day, Good Riddance.. Well, actually all the songs xD. Just an amazing album, and every song seems to have a bit of a different style.. It's kinda experimental in a way, Take Back being more hardcore-like, yet I do love that song as well.

Damn fantastic. I haven't listened to this one front to back in a bit over a week. I might have to do that again soon.

My favorites from this one: Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin' A Ride, The Grouch (Personal favorite.), Redundant, Scattered, All the Time, Worry Rock, Platypus (I Hate You), Uptight, Walking Alone, Reject, Take Back, King for a Day (I'm not sure why this one wasn't a single? It's such a favorite at concerts.), and Good Riddance of course.

Nearly all the songs from the album, it's definitely a solid album, not their best, not their worst, but I do adore this one very much.

I always wonder why king for a day was not released as a single.

I agree. I somehow had this vision that if I were to decide what the next single would be, I were to choose "King for a Day" after Good Riddance single.

Does anybody own the "Nice Guys Finish Last" single? I went to my local record store back in 1998/1999 and held the cd but I did not purchase it.

Back then my 18 year old-self did not have the means to make the purchase. So i told myself i was going to get it later when I had money. It turned out that

now I'm near completing my singles collection but I'm missing the said cd single.

I noticed the videos for Nimrod were not played in MTV like they should since most of the boy-bands and pop Princesses of the time were taking all the attention from MTV. Regardless of the hate, Green Day did finish last...

I love Nimrod, but unfortunately it's the only CD I don't own (and Warning) because I can't find it in any storessssss. But my friend has it so I just listen to it when she comes over :lol:

Scattered is actually my favorite song of all time. :wub: