Nimrod

captain peroxide

This thread is for discussion of Nimrod, both the album as a whole and all the individual songs as well.

My favortites are Reject, Scattered, and Redundant.

Is it true that Green Day has never played Reject live?

Good Riddance and Hitchin' a Ride :wub: :wub: :wub:

Good Riddance is my favorite song. Ever. This isn't my favorite GD album, but those two songs alone make it awesome, imo.

Is it true that Green Day has never played Reject live?

actually, yeah they did, a live version is available on the Redundant single.

anyways, i think Nimrod is one of the most important albums ever, i really like how it's experimental, but they didn't change their sound too much that i hated it, my fav is Take Back!

^ You should listen to Take Back from the Warfield Show in 2005. Awesome :)

I really like nimrod, but, for some reason, I get the feeling that it's not ordered in the right way, if you understand what I mean. It has great songs, but I think it could've been so much better...

but it has Good Riddance, which is my favorite/most hated song ever :wub: / :mad: and The Grouch, Scattered and Walking alone :wub: :wub: :wub:

I've been listening to Nimrod a lot recently. And having a bit of a re-discovery of Nice Guys Finish Last. Love that song

NIMROD. MY LOVE.

Haushinka is such a fantastic song. Way underrated. Thoughts?

I have no idea, but I've never been able get into that song. It's the one Green Day song that I just don't like. I can't think of a reason for it, and it's always bugged me that I don't like it.

I believe this was the first album I got after American Idiot, back when my sister and I were discovering Green Day's back catalogue :) I remember the first time we played it and heard The Grouch. It was love at first listen, haha, That song will always remind me of that time <3.

I just tried to pick a few favourite songs, and realised there are way too many, but I do love Jinx, Uptight, Reject, Worry Rock...

I often find myself having to use the insult in the middle of "Platypus (I Hate You)".

Oh, and Nimrod kicks ass. "All the Time" used to be my favorite song, ever.

I really like nimrod, but, for some reason, I get the feeling that it's not ordered in the right way, if you understand what I mean. It has great songs, but I think it could've been so much better...

but it has Good Riddance, which is my favorite/most hated song ever :wub: / :mad: and The Grouch, Scattered and Walking alone :wub: :wub: :wub:

yeah, it would be my favourite album if it weren't for the middle section. idk, for some reason those songs dont go together, either because they sound to similar or some other reason.

Also, i've always seen Walking Contradiction as a song that belongs on this album. For some reason the quirkiness of it fits in. Thoughts?

but i love Redundant, it's so my life right now. Reject rocks at confidence boosting. Platypus :thumbsup: . I was obsessed with Nice Guys Finish Last for a while... and we cant forget Good Riddance :wub:

Platypus kicks ass :thumbsup:

Some of my other favorites on the album are Nice Guys Finish Last, Scattered, Uptight, Haushinka, Reject...yeah there's a lot. :D

D: How did I forget King for a Day? Awesome song

again, love every song :lol:

it may sound a clichè but Hitchin' a Ride is probably my favorite off this album.

and Uptight is just amazing

again, love every song :lol:

it may sound a clichè but Hitchin' a Ride is probably my favorite off this album.

and Uptight is just amazing

"Hitchin' a Ride" is awesome, but I never liked "Uptight" for some reason.

KING FOR A DAY. Oh, how I love thee. <3

"Hitchin' a Ride" is awesome, but I never liked "Uptight" for some reason.

KING FOR A DAY. Oh, how I love thee. <3

I got into Uptight only listening to it several times over and over and over again.

now i adore it

yeah, it would be my favourite album if it weren't for the middle section. idk, for some reason those songs dont go together, either because they sound to similar or some other reason.

Also, i've always seen Walking Contradiction as a song that belongs on this album. For some reason the quirkiness of it fits in. Thoughts?

but i love Redundant, it's so my life right now. Reject rocks at confidence boosting. Platypus :thumbsup: . I was obsessed with Nice Guys Finish Last for a while... and we cant forget Good Riddance :wub:

I don't know. Nimrod doesn't have an specific sound, because... well, it has a little of everything. But Walking Alone, Haushinka and Jinx does sounds like Nimrod. The rest just sounds like... Green Day :lol:

I've been trying to do a re-order to the songs in a way that sounds better, but I keep forgetting it :lol: I think I'll do it later :woot:

I got into Uptight only listening to it several times over and over and over again.

now i adore it

same

GOOD RIDDANCE :woot::whistle

Nimrod... some times i think Nimrod is my 3rd favorite Green Day album and i especially love it because when Gd came to Chile for first and only time. they came with the Nimrod tour. i didn't went to the show because i just had 5 years old but when i listen it is :wub: but beside that, the album is absolutly amazing. i cant choice my favorite song because are all incredible. maybe would be Scaterred but not sure. i CAN'T :lol:

GOOD RIDDANCE :woot::whistle

Nimrod... some times i think Nimrod is my 3rd favorite Green Day album and i especially love it because when Gd came to Chile for first and only time. they came with the Nimrod tour. i didn't went to the show because i just had 5 years old but when i listen it is :wub: but beside that, the album is absolutly amazing. i cant choice my favorite song because are all incredible. maybe would be Scaterred but not sure. i CAN'T :lol:

*school*

me: Ale, look what I found!

you: oh, I need this! Oh, I don't have space... DAMN, I HAVE TO DELETE NIMROD (again)!

:lol:

Nimrod :wub:

i really love this album, probably my favorite Green Day album. Has a mix of everything from the fast Take Back to the slow Good Riddance to the ska influenced King for a Day.

my favorite had to be the connection between Jinx/Haushinka I dont know why i love it so much

My favorite Green Day album, all hands down.

I think my favorite song off here is The Grouch. Probably just because it describes me so well xD Most of it, anyway

• Like 1

Good Riddance, Prosthetic Head, Nice Guys Finish Last, Redundant, Hitchin' A Ride, King For A Day, Take Back and Reject = my favourites.

I literally couldn't just choose one or two. :mellow:

I should probably make a list of my favorites. Okay, in no specific order:

Prosthetic Head

The Grouch

King for a Day

Platypus (I Hate You)

Hitchin' a Ride

All the Time

Nice Guys Finish Last

I think that's about it.

Amazing album.

Hitchin A Ride, All The Time, Reject, and Good Riddance...words cannot describe their awesomeness

It's really an awesome album!!!one of my favorite!!! and my favorite songs off the album are Hitchin' A Ride :wub: , Good Riddance and many more!!

*school*

me: Ale, look what I found!

you: oh, I need this! Oh, I don't have space... DAMN, I HAVE TO DELETE NIMROD (again)!

:lol:

BUT NOT ANYMORE! D: now i cant do that. i delate the black parade