Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Insomniac

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 503 rep

It was my fav album for a long time because it has awesome guitar riffs and basslines!  :lol:

Radio Victim

Radio Victim
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2012
  • 245 rep

2nd best album from Green Day!

Caractériel

Caractériel
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2010
  • 415 rep

Insomniac will always be my favourite GD album. The rawness of it, the dark themes, and the fact that it wasn't in the same mould as Dookie just makes for a good combo. I can relate to more songs on that album than on any other, got me through some horrible shit.

buttcrackzachhhh

buttcrackzachhhh
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2008
  • 2 rep

"Broken glass inside my head, bleeding down these thoughts of anguish... Mass confusion."

Insomniac, in my opinion, is the absolute best Green Day record. Reason being, is how dark and heavy the album is as a whole. From the artwork, to the lyrics, and most importantly their sound.

This album is similar to Nirvana's In Utero, or Weezer's Pinkerton. After the release of their breakthrough record, the bands are suddenly propelled into the spotlight. A sense of anger and depression are present on all these albums.

Not only was Insomniac much more angry and agressive, but so were the members of Green Day. In just about every interview I've seen from the insomniac Era they seem to be a lot more serious and a lot more agressive toward the interviewer.

My favorite songs off the album would have to be Panic Song, Westbound Sign, and Stuart and the Ave.

I can listen to this album back to back anytime and never get tired of it.

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,780 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,600 rep

I mean I love the album, but I wish the song would be longer

Mr. Shluffy

Mr. Shluffy
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2006
  • 49 rep

Yeah what a great album. I still remember the day I got the CD. I really wish they played No Pride live more, I just listened to that one a few times recently and I think its one of their best songs overall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users