Insomniac

captain peroxide

For me, this goes above Dookie as my favorite Green Day album. Dookie was obviously great, but this album is really where they perfected the style they had stuck to for 3 albums before this. I love every song on Dookie, but I love every song on this more just because of how much grittier and heavier every song is.

Insomniac is short but awesome! I'd say I prefer Insomniac to Dookie although it's not my favorite album. Stuck With Me is one of my favorite Green Day songs.

Insomniac is short but awesome! I'd say I prefer Insomniac to Dookie although it's not my favorite album. Stuck With Me is one of my favorite Green Day songs.

Stuck with me is the best song for me also. Insomniac isn't wild as dookie, but it is wild.

Dookie will always hold a special place in my heart but songs like Stuck with Me and Walking Contradiction are just addictive on a whole another level.

It took me awhile to appreciate this album as a whole, but I really like it. I think it's one of their darker releases.

Unfortunately, as a whole, this is probably my least favorite Green Day album. I do like it, I just don't adore it, like I do the others. However, there are some absolute gems on this record: geek stink breath and brain stew will probably be two of my favorite ever Green Day songs. Aside from the singles, tight wad hill, 86 and westbound sign are all great.

Fucking love this album, my 3rd favourite, just behind Nimrod and AI. I seem to be a fan of the more obscure songs on the record e.g. Tight Wad Hill, Westbound Sign and Babs Uvula Who? There's something about TWH that holds a place in my heart, to this day it is one of my favourite songs.....EVER :D

I used to ignore my homework to this cd its definitely my favorite album by them i think my favorite track is either babs uvula who or panic song

Just a random thought i just had after reading the misheard lyric thread and trying to remember the chorus of babs ulvalu who (don't listen to it much).. I was thinking what a great song it would be if when the guitar rings after the chorus they went into the end chorus from Panic song... maybe it's just me but while they are complately different songs they also feel very similar..

I feel like this album is almost a continuation of Dookie....like they were snotty and didn't give a shit on Dookie and this album is like a consequence of that behavior. :confused:

My favourite album. I just love how pissed off the whole record sounds. The guitar sounds as if you're beating the living shit out of everything around you and the lyrics are really clever and well done. Favourite song would have to be Bab's Uvula Who? (until next week when I pick another song off this album as my favourite :P).

• Like 1

My favourite one too. Westbound Sign is my favourite Green Day song & Armatage Shanks is sure in my top 10.

• Like 1

I really love the lyrics in this album. Billie was going through a hard time so i think his lyrics show so much anger and it's just so dark but musically it's shown in a fun way if that makes sense. And the bass on this album oh my god i can't even begin. There's just something about this album that just gets me fired up, whether it's the start where we hear the intro of Tre's thrilling drums or what. It's a album i always listen to when i'm not sure what to listen to. I can relate to the album, the feeling of looking around and just being angry at all the dumb people but accepting you're probably one as well. The sheer panic of living. It's a wonderful album, listen to it all the time. 5/5!!!

Some albums are perfect for my different range of moods. If I'm happy/at ease I listen to Jack Johnson. If I'm sad I'll listen to Joshua Radin. When I'm angry, this is the first port of call. So easy to rock out to this at a loud volume and shout/sweat out those violent thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

"Insomniac" was the first GD album that I bought.. well I used to listen to songs like Minority, Jesus Of Suburbia, Going to Pasalaqua, so the first listen left me confused and a bit disappointed.It was so fast, and angry and rawer than all the GD songs that I've listened to.. but It grew on me with the years, and then I was able to relate with the lyrics, life experience after life experience, when the days are not so bright like they used to be at 15 years old.And now I can proudly say that It's one of my favourite.

• Like 1