Insomniac

captain peroxide

When I think of Green Day, I think of this album. The energy and attitude of Insomniac sums up in essence what the band represents to me. It just kicks ass!

• Like 1

Insomniac must be my favorite album. I'm not too sure anymore, as I don't listen to GD all that much lately, but I think it still is. It has been my fave for a long long time. And it has never changed, it was always my favorite. So I think that must be it.

I'd never pick a song when naming a favorite song from this album. But as a whole, it is the most astonishing work from the band.

Insomniac is my favorite album :)

There are only two albums I can listen to front-to-back without thinking "now this song is slightly less good than the rest", Insomniac and Dookie :D

It's just something about the vibe the album gives, that dark(er) sound and feel just appeals to me :P

• 2 months later...

A great album but I think Dookie does still reign supreme to Insomniac

• 3 years later...

Green Day: The Inside Story Of Insomniac

https://www.kerrang.com/features/green-day-the-inside-story-of-insomniac/

unpopular opinion: Green Day’s ‘Insomniac’ is their best album

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/unpopular-opinion-green-days-insomniac-is-their-best-album/

20 Years Ago: Green Day Retaliate With ‘Insomniac’

https://diffuser.fm/20-years-ago-green-day-retaliate-with-insomniac/

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
32 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Wait... people still iron clothing?!?!!

😜😂

Yes sadly...but quickly with Insomniac 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Happy birthday insomniac, you may not be my #1 but you still come second after kerplunk, I’ll still be wishing for the day it’ll be played in it’s entirety

• Like 2

Love Insomniac. 86 is so so emotional. The rage and regret of becoming outcasts from Gilman St and a personal friend, having signed to a major label a no no. You've spent your early years at Gilman St, it was like home, then it's fuck off get out of here. And a graffiti on the wall saying Billie Joe must die. The lyrics highlight how much it hurt. I'm not ashamed to say I cried when I first heard the song.

Stuck with Me is fuckin awesome, love the lyrics "Well I know I'm Not Alright." Used to love saying that when asked how I was.  😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The first comments I see on that post is people saying "Release 1972" and "FOAM sucks". I mean, I get it but my god guys, this is not the place.

• Like 4

I've always said Insomniac is my favorite GD record and possibly my favorite record of all time. 
It's miles better than Dookie imo. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 3:46 PM, pcj said:

And a graffiti on the wall saying Billie Joe must die. 

I agree with your post 100%. So relatable as well - I'm pretty sure if my old friends had a chance they'd write that on a wall about me. 

My response is fuck em. 

There's no looking back when people 86 you. It doesn't change me knowing where I'm from either. 

If they knew where they were from there would be no 86ing of people.