Insomniac

captain peroxide

I love every song off of this album, but especially 86 and Panic Song. I don't know-they have this thing about them that gives off the feeling of being mentally trapped. The whole album is easy to relate to for me because it's so dark and morbid in the most amazing way possible ajanzvvncsndn

Recently, I have appreciated this album more than ever before! I'm gonna say my favorite song on it is Panic Song. Though Armatage Shanks is a close second!

I've been addicted to this album as of recent! :happy: I think its over taken AI as my favorite album, there isn't a song I don't love on it, but Stuck With Me, Geek Stink Breath, 86, Panic Song and Westbound Sign are definitely my favorites :)

Insomniac is awesome :)

Jaded is definiedly my favourite song from that album.

There's sooo many wonderful songs in Insomniac like Stuck with me, 86, Brain Stew and Walking Contradiction..

However all songs from Insomiac are great, of course! :dance:

I love Insomniac. :wub:

It's not my favorite album, but it's still a good one. My favorite songs on Insomniac are Brat, Stuart and the Ave and Walking Contradiction.

• 2 weeks later...

This is such a bad ass album! :happy:

I can really relate to "Westbound Sign".

I'm going to be moving soon, and that song

kind of describes how I feel, except I'm moving

to Chicago and not California lol.

Also, I have always really loved "Panic Song".

When I first heard the lines: "The world is a sick machine

Breeding a mass of shit. With such a desolate conclusion

Fill the void with I don't care", I couldn't help but to

realize how true it is. Yes, it's a bit pessimistic,

but I've felt just like this many times before.

There's just a lot of people who don't give a shit,

and this song explains it perfectly.

And of course, I love every song off of this album.

I just felt the need to point out my two favorites. :P

• 9 months later...

I would have to say it's my favorite album.

My favorite part of Insomniac is the drums in 86 and Armatage Shrinks. Brain Stew is awesome because of the guitar and how much it sounds like metal. My favorite song off the album is Geek Stink Breath because is a steady and fun song to listen to.

My favorite performances of the songs I said up above.

Insomniac's definitely their most underrated album. I know lots of people here love to give that title to Warning and heap praise upon it, but Warning's actually a bit on the soft, poppy side for my tastes. Insomniac is more or less balls-out rock, and I respect and enjoy that.

That's why I like Insomniac. It's more rock. The reason warning is underrated is because it's more like pop.

It's my second fave after AI. Definitely want them to play more songs from it on the next tour. Love 86 and Westbound Sign.

That's why I like Insomniac. It's more rock. The reason warning is underrated is because it's more like pop.

i agree with you

This is my favorite Green Day album and Brain Stew is not only my favorite GD song, but my favorite song ever (tied with Zebrahead's cover of Surrender).

A few things:

Brat would make a much better first song than Armatage Shanks, with it's little acapella intro.

I've always wanted to hear an electro-punk version of Babs Uvula Who?. I think it would sound awesome.

Stuart and the Ave. is the most fun song I know on bass.

Panic Song has never been played live, ever, and that's a shame.

Also, something that I've noticed is highly objectionable whenever I mention it, I think this album would have sounded much better if John had drummed on it. It's by far my favorite album, but I think John's drumming style would have been much better for the sound of this album. Tré's style is okay for more pop-sounding albums like Warning and AI, but John was great for the harder stuff like Sweet Children and 1,039, and would have been great on Insomniac as well.

^^ I know that they've played the intro to Panic Song a few times live, not the same though. :/

^^ I know that they've played the intro to Panic Song a few times live, not the same though. :/

They play it between Brain Stew and Jaded sometimes. Definitely not the same.

I love Armatage Shanks as the opener!

I don't know a lot about technical music stuff but the way the drum just kicks in right of the bat just has me hooked for the whole album!! Love it.

While I tend to agree that Armatage Shanks isn't their strongest album opener, Brat lacks a strong opening hook (which Shanks has). I actually think Panic Song would've made a great opening to this album, and 86 a great closing.

I have the exact same opinion about 86, and have for a long time. Only I didn't think about it when I first posted.

Panic Song was always my second choice for album opener.

I can't really listen to the songs on this album individually (Except Walking Contradiction and Geek Stink Breath) But I really really enjoy listening to the whole album :wub: The whole album as one is one of my favourites, but there's no special song (again except Walking Contradiction again) that I like really love. Weird

Suddenly realized that I haven't listened to Insomniac for a while =/

• Like 1

I can't believe Insomniac used to be my LEAST favorite Green Day album. I still don't understand why, it has such catchy songs and I rarely skip the main songs, really. My least fave would have to be Warning now.. or Shenanigans. Hard decision.

This is and will always me my favorite album. I guess because I can relate to it more then the other albums.

• 2 months later...

It is by far their best album.

Green Day haven't done a bad album yet in my opinion but this is their peak,it's just fantastic from start to finish,punk music at it's best,there's no other way to describe it.

Every Green Day album to me has different feels to them. I love them all separately but equally (except for American Idiot because it is a masterpiece and the greatest album of all time). Insomniac is a very pissed off album and with what was going on in their lives at the time, I can very clearly see why. I love every song but my favorite non-singles would be: Armatage Shanks, Panic Song, and Babs Uluva Who? It's very tough for me to rank Green Day songs because they're all so perfect XD

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just a really great and fascinating album in every way. I love the feeling it gives me while listening to it, and how it really captured the atsmosphere/feeling of its time. Grossly overlooked and underrated album.